forum

[WIP] osu!mania maps, sorted by difficulty

posted
Total Posts
show more
jLspah
It seems that few of the maps have been removed. At least Game Brain, Shinseitaiju and Ascension to Heaven.
kidlat020
would you recommend playing one song over and over again (like, 30+ times) or play different maps?

still stuck at 2k rank T_T
PyaKura

jLspah wrote:

It seems that few of the maps have been removed. At least Game Brain, Shinseitaiju and Ascension to Heaven.
The OP hasn't been edited since 9 days ago.

@Kidlat : I'd say play as many different maps as possible or play the same map with RD.
Akihiro

kidlat020 wrote:

would you recommend playing one song over and over again (like, 30+ times)

It would be a waste of time because you tryhard at one thing and don't improve anywhere else.

So play lotsa stuff, get out of your comfort zone when you feel like it, and stop looking at your rank :P

PyaKura wrote:

or play the same map with RD.
I disagree with this, because you're still confronted at the same patterns in terms of density, jackhammers are still jackhammer, and stairs just streams etc...
Though RD is good for being confronted to very ugly patterns in lower difficulty levels.
aquarivania
I don't know, it seems to be decent, except either my skill level is scattered or this chart is inaccurate in some areas. I could easily beat Trigger*Happy (Expert rating 2) while I can't seem to beat Sweet Rain (Novice 10). Maybe it's because my fingers are numb while I'm writing this but I've tried it quite a few times whereas I beat Trigger*Happy on my first try.
PyaKura

aquarivania wrote:

I don't know, it seems to be decent, except either my skill level is scattered or this chart is inaccurate in some areas. I could easily beat Trigger*Happy (Expert rating 2) while I can't seem to beat Sweet Rain (Novice 10). Maybe it's because my fingers are numb while I'm writing this but I've tried it quite a few times whereas I beat Trigger*Happy on my first try.
Lolwat
Luna

aquarivania wrote:

Are... Are you sure that you played... you know... the correct diff of Trigger Happy?
Because that sounds ridiculously unlikely haha
tsundoll

aquarivania wrote:

Upload replay, or at least screenshot your results screen.
Topic Starter
Entozer

kidlat020 wrote:

would you recommend playing one song over and over again (like, 30+ times) or play different maps?

still stuck at 2k rank T_T
No, I would not recommend doing that. If ever, I would only recommend it when you're in the beginner phase. You should try to play a wide variety of maps (possibly with random too) in order to further increase your skill. Basically, do what Pyakura said.

Do note that playing a lot with random would indeed increase your skill on randomized pattern, but you won't be able to play "clean".

---

aquarivania wrote:

Like what Luna said.

Not possible. You could have been playing the wrong diff of Trigger Happy since there are 4 versions of it. Diff from Beginner to Novice is as accurate as it could be. The same could be said for Advance. Expert's diff division is still not well defined to me, so there might be some misplaced songs among other Expert songs.

If ever this chart would be inaccurate in some areas, that would mean that your specific level on a skill is higher than the others. I know someone (almost everybody) who can play high-level long note charts and good in non-LN maps, but suck in jackhammers.

--

PyaKura wrote:

The OP hasn't been edited since 9 days ago.
;_; My motivation sometimes go rock-bottom. Most of the time I have no chance motivation to work on this. orz

But if you have any questions to me about mania (including mapping), you can ask them in this thread and I will answer them.
Remi94
Hi people I'm still kind of noobish here in the mania world (almost 5 months playing it [and playing rhythm game in general]) I'm guessing I'm somewhere around novice 10 and advance 1 (can B almost all of them and A a couple [in advance 1]). My question is if I should start training with RD mod and or try to look for maps with specific patterns to improve because lately I'm feeling like I'm hitting wall after wall and no good luck in trying to improve in holds and in dense maps (BMS lv.00). Other stuff is that I'm getting pissed by stairs because after my change in play-style in 7k (from left pinky to space) one month ago I can't do stairs well anymore I most of the time I miss some (a lot) notes and the accuracy most of the time is pretty bad. Most of the maps that I play have a couple of them and my accuracy (which is unstable :cry: ) gets worse that it should be. What should I do? stick playing normally until it gets fixed or train specifically for it. Thanks beforehand :) and sorry for my bad english :P
Akihiro
Hey, I have an ugly spreadsheet with all ranked maps and the difficulties here :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

I that might help you, I'll gladly share it ;)

also sorry for not having modded the map you asked me to mod, Entozer..., could not find the motivation :o
xNinjaKittyx
Apologies if anyone has already posted this.

I'm a fairly new Osu! Mania player. I've only been playing for about a little less than half a year.

Right now, According to this scale, I am roughly around Novice 7-8.

I would like to give some feedback on level Novice 7-10.

1. First off, I would like to say that the skill gap level between Novice 7 songs
and on each level requires that you somehow find another/quicker/faster/efficient way of reading in order to advance. Also some songs in each level are significantly easier or harder than the others.

I would also like to note that these are totally biased towards how I see them. But I do believe there is some objectivity in what I'm about to say.
2. In Novice 8, Flip Flap [Hard] would be an easy Novice 8. I find it just as easy as Sweet Rain or Smooch. However, I do think Far East Nightbird is much more difficult, and significantly a higher level play than any of these songs.

3. Mermaid Girl I can pass with a B, which is what I get on Flip Flap, Sweet Rain, or smooch. I do see the change in difficulty, as it does have scroll speed changes as well as forces the player to read both sides, instead of the consistent left hand and right hand doing some melody or smth.
However, in Novice 9, Shinseitaju is extremely hard for me. The first 30 seconds is obviously very easy, but afterwards, I have no idea what I'm reading, or in other words, I just can't read that fast.

4. Novice 10 I just can't play any of them through (which is expected), So i have no comment on that

tl'dr
- Flip Flap [hard] suggested for Novice 7
- Mermaid Girl lv 16 suggested for Novice 8

Other suggestions
- Conflict [NM] placed as Novice 8 or 9. (definitely harder than something like Workaholic.)
Thing O Doom
How can I get better at LNs? Because quite frankly I suck at them.

I'm somewhere in the range of ADV 3~~, but I can pass Gigantic otn [entozers] till the last part with the Lns.

So like, G59 [18] and Sweet rain [Ins] are super easy for me, but Fantastic Future feels really hard to pass.

I can do music revolver [easy] patterns with some of the holds, but in general the holds make me die, ESPECIALLY holds on key 3 when I have to also use keys 1 and two, I feel my left hand fingers just lock up when I press down certain keys.

I just dunno how to get a feel for holds I suppose. Also I keep my read speed super low, like usually 6 for high bpm maps, and 8 for slower, is this a problem?
Mike Ace
Hahaha Thx :)
Envisionise
Finished Expert 8's Nou Shou + Heart of Witch, but I still can't do xepher or music revolver which are expert 6 and 7 :c
The Muffin Man

Thing O Doom wrote:

Think I'm about your level, maybe a bit better at LNs, so here's what I think:
I find LNs to be the hardest skill for me too, because there's simply more on the screen and you have to be thinking about when to take your fingers off as well.
Play some LN-y maps: ones which use LNs simply, in beat with chords. REDALiCE - Acceleration comes to mind.

Thing O Doom wrote:

I just dunno how to get a feel for holds I suppose. Also I keep my read speed super low, like usually 6 for high bpm maps, and 8 for slower, is this a problem?
That seems incredibly slow! I play around 13 on my 21" 1920x1080 monitor, arms breadth away if any of that changes things. Slow read speed for LNs is killer, because it's harder to see where to let go. For reference, I play Acceleration at 14 (little faster than I normally play, but I do well).

tl;dr play more of what you suck at. LNs come with experience, in my (short) experience.
Nekro_old_1
Scrolling speeds are weird as heck. I've seen some players who play at a fairly low speed (I'm looking at you Charles445) that does pretty well.

I think it's really whatever the player's comfortable with. I like mine somewhat fast (12x at 200bpm, 14x at 180bpm, etc)
Topic Starter
Entozer
@Remi94
You could try going for RD sometimes if you want. As for hitting walls, remember that rest is also part of training. You could try to take a break (3-5 days maybe?) You'll be surprised how different playing would feel after the break.

Stairs would be very hard if you always play in random (since if technically the chart is full of stairs, then random would, well, randomize it). I'm not sure how I trained on stairs, but I remember playing relatively easy songs that are mainly stair-oriented without RD.

A lot of info could be found in Drace's thread. You could refer to it. There are quite a number of questions answered there.

@Akihiko
That's alright, and thanks ^^

(That is pretty neat!)

@firefwing
I'll try to check them out when I have the motivation... thanks for the feedback!

Thing O Doom wrote:

I would go with what Muffin Man said. Play some LN-y maps that are simple. It doesn't matter how dense it is (stairs, double stairs, triple), as long as it is relatively simple to play and understand, go for it.

If you want info for Full LN maps (throughout the song you hold LNs), then you'd have to start from 0 again because it's a different world.

@Scrolling speed
For this one... it shouldn't matter at all on what speed you play. If you are used to speed 6, then 6 is normal to you and 8 is fast. If you are used to speed 10, then 10 is normal to you and 12 is fast. It's all relative anyway.

The only time you would have to worry about scroll speed is when playing retarded maps (In my experience, found mostly in the o2-world). But even then, most of the time you'd only have to worry about your relative slow-scroll reading. With that said, I'm pretty good in slow and normal scroll speed because of those retarded maps.
-KousakaHonoka-
@Entozer:
Nice list at all. Love it :)

@Nekro:
You can try to find the most comfortable speed for yourself by add or subtract the speed.
And also, you can create your own minimum and maximum speed.

For example, my current speed when playing a map are x13 for 200 BPM and x15 for 180 BPM. Then, I make my speed range between 2.6K - 2.7K.
But when play Lily - Scarlet Rose (320 BPM), I play with 2 option (with x8 and x9). Realize that x9 is too fast and can't to be played, I change the speed to x8 and also change the speed range into 2.5K - 2.7K.
How about the 100 BPM? You can pick one of the 2 speed option; either x25 or x26 as long as the speed is in your speed range and you can play comfortably.

Once you get your own speed range, you can apply it into entire Beatmaps you want to play.
So you can't get dizzy easily and enjoy the game :)
Nekro_old_1

ShinHikari wrote:

@Nekro:
You can try to find the most comfortable speed for yourself by add or subtract the speed.
And also, you can create your own minimum and maximum speed.

For example, my current speed when playing a map are x13 for 200 BPM and x15 for 180 BPM. Then, I make my speed range between 2.6K - 2.7K.
But when play Lily - Scarlet Rose (320 BPM), I play with 2 option (with x8 and x9). Realize that x9 is too fast and can't to be played, I change the speed to x8 and also change the speed range into 2.5K - 2.7K.
How about the 100 BPM? You can pick one of the 2 speed option; either x25 or x26 as long as the speed is in your speed range and you can play comfortably.

Once you get your own speed range, you can apply it into entire Beatmaps you want to play.
So you can't get dizzy easily and enjoy the game :)
Yeah, I got that figured out :D
bananacake304
This thread is really helping me out on improving my skills and some of the songs are really helping me with my problems on LNs. This is just what I needed, just a few days ago I've been beating my personal records after practicing with the suggested maps. Thanks a lot for posting this!
(it looks like Gamebrain is missing, everytime I click the link it says that the beatmap was not found)
Horozen
Thanks for this thread. :3
Fissie
Awesome thread, except one thing... In Beginner 3, on Chain Destruction, I get about 94%, and on the one right below, Flowe Flag, I get 74%. Is it just me, or Flower flag is just way harder? It's weird to me, since they're in the same difficulty :v
Pinecone
Appreciating this thread entozerrr. Keep up the work :P
PyaKura
ento stap bein lezy ass

:D
Taadashi

Envisionise wrote:

Finished Expert 8's Nou Shou + Heart of Witch, but I still can't do xepher or music revolver which are expert 6 and 7 :c
Finished as in survived or good rank? :P
Envisionise

Taadashi wrote:

Envisionise wrote:

Finished as in survived or good rank? :P

Survived haha, I'm not sure how you would get rank on those though
Tear
By the way, most unranked songs that are now deleted should be available from http://bloodcat.com/osu/ .
ikzune
since the start i have always been scared of trying 7k, just stuck with 4k since it has been fun now with this new keyboard i am expanding out, my 5k is alright 4k is quite good still can always improve, thanks to this guide i am actually enjoying 7k and am not scared of it anymore, 8k and 6k though im playing them and after 50 replays of some maps since there isnt much map variety not getting anywhere, i am going to try lr2 with some suggested songs and hope that helps, any more advice on finding a good way to learn these keys would help

p.s. im glad this is introducing me to nonautoconverts right away and starting to teach different patterns right from the start with enough ease that i can move into it and slowly get better c:

oath sign lv .3 cant be found will post more as i find
chain de/struction is being treated as a bad link idk if thats just me though
shinseitaiju lv .5 missing link

beginner 4 is easier then some beginner 3 songs i find personally
katphish
All these deleted maps :( I checked the Korean website but I couldn't find them there. Is there any way at all to find Game Brain and shinseitaiju?
PyaKura

katphish wrote:

All these deleted maps :( I checked the Korean website but I couldn't find them there. Is there any way at all to find Game Brain and shinseitaiju?
Shiraishi - Shinseitaiju

I'd post Game Brain as well but I cba starting the game to export the mapset lol.
katphish

PyaKura wrote:

katphish wrote:

Shiraishi - Shinseitaiju

I'd post Game Brain as well but I cba starting the game to export the mapset lol.
Thank you so much bro.
mycool57
awesome thread learning 7k 8-)
Jin Xero
We'll update this soon again (^^)b
PyaKura
wow JX I thought you were ded lol

Good to see this being revived again.

inb4 ETozer loses motivation... again. :D
BlackCobra89
5 level to advanced :)
ikzune
i think my practise level is novice 10- advanced 1 now, hasn't taken too long, now the issue is finding time in between school and other games to practise ;-;
Plutarch_old
When should I move on to the next song in the progression? I play each until I get an S ranking -- should I be going for an SS every time before moving on instead? I have been playing for a couple of hours and I'm on Beginner Level 3.

Thank you!
Tornspirit
SS is unrealistic. Go for either A or S if you want to play patterns until you're comfortable with them, or high B if you just want to try to learn as many new patterns as possible.
Plutarch_old
Alright, I will continue to go for S rankings (or A if I'm just spending forever on one song). Thank you!
show more