forum

[WIP] osu!mania maps, sorted by difficulty

posted
Total Posts
show more
Taadashi

Aqo wrote:

For players who played more than a month or two I guess?

You can rest assured than the [Easy] ones are much easier than BMS level 0. :v
Haha, only BMS song I've been able to pass, with a B, is Gelnika's Wall, lol. :P

Dunno how hard BMS lvl 0 is though, lol. But I do know how hard that MX song is (Which is easy for a MX)
Nanatsu

andromeda2020 wrote:

_S u w a k o_ wrote:

you're sorted by difficulty is mostly focused on 'o2jam style' maps.

i saw many players such as can fc Gigantic O.T.N Entozer's Another before last LN pattern but die, has epic hand speed but can't LN players.

LN is pretty fun but isn't fun to all players.
I love LN so much <3

well, i like LN too. but my point is for all players.

do you think all rhythm game players were passed o2jam at least once? i never think. and these o!m ranked map LN style is favorable to o2jam free server / o2solo players.
andromeda2020
I don't know if all rhythm game players encountered O2jam but I do know that some mania players played O2jam before.
edit: maybe yes not all of them encountered it lol
Nanatsu

andromeda2020 wrote:

I don't know if all rhythm game players encountered O2jam but I do know that some mania players played O2jam before.
edit: maybe yes not all of them encountered it lol
I can say only that LN has huge gap about skill level with other players. If havent experience about playing o2jam.

I still think Lv.30 around map can pass players are still ET. They are has talent.

But most of all players can't pass it. Just nowaday's o2jam players are survive players. At result, They are almost pro.

So many people can think Lv.30 is not hard, but this is really no idea somehow for me.
Drace
What you're saying can work the other way around, I find level 50-60 full LN maps much easier than ~lv10 insane dan from the bms scale. It depends on what you spent your time training. Taking that into account, I find the list does a good job finding a middle ground between the two fields.
Nanatsu

Drace wrote:

What you're saying can work the other way around, I find level 50-60 full LN maps much easier than ~lv10 insane dan from the bms scale. It depends on what you spent your time training. Taking that into account, I find the list does a good job finding a middle ground between the two fields.
I know. just i want to say not all players are accept LN style. Its my experience from rhythm game playing.

In my opnion is this list is still okay for me oO and i didnt say such as 'revise this list'
Sonrilol
Slowly working my way up(down?) the list. I'd like to note that for me Workaholic [Insane] feels much harder than any of the Advanced 3 songs.
CaptainAhab_old
Thank you very much for doing this, I really appreciate it.

Working through Sweet Rain right now, it's a lot of fun!
ArcherLove
Can you make Osu!mania maps, for LN only ? the List I mean :D ~
Lyra
If it's not too much to ask for, could you put all of the maps in a respective Zip folder map pack?

Going through and downloading them all would be a pain now. ;n;
NFZ_Cap
This helps alot for a new player like me. im not new to the genre but moving from arcade cabs to mouse and keyboard has been difficult. ill try them out to see if it helps.
Taadashi
Sorry to bump this. Just wondering if this is still a WIP or if it has been abandoned. :P
Topic Starter
Entozer
I still have plans to do this, but I still have no motivation to continue... (So I guess this is still WIP? @_@)

Some of it is putting an "Achievement" List (like the verification program threads in 5k and 4k), and even listing the high score for each unranked song. I'm also thinking if I should make a "Long Note Only" list just like what ArcherLove suggested.

After I finish some of my maps to be put in the higher tier, I would probably continue this.

Sorry for the long delay and whatsoever. orz. (And sorry for the expectations ??) OTL
Taadashi

Entozer wrote:

I still have plans to do this, but I still have no motivation to continue... (So I guess this is still WIP? @_@)

Some of it is putting an "Achievement" List (like the verification program threads in 5k and 4k), and even listing the high score for each unranked song. I'm also thinking if I should make a "Long Note Only" list just like what ArcherLove suggested.

After I finish some of my maps to be put in the higher tier, I would probably continue this.

Sorry for the long delay and whatsoever. orz. (And sorry for the expectations ??) OTL
Ah, nono. No problem mate. :) Didn't mean to pressure you or something (sry if I did ;_;). Was just wondering since it's been silent for a while. :P
Topic Starter
Entozer
Update: I'm now planning to add all uploaded (worthy of being played and complete) maps here on a weekly basis. I have added some maps on the list. It's quite few right now, but it will accumulate (hopefully) and soon all maps (again, hopefully) would be here. I might stop once I reach a lot of songs. How many songs, I have no idea.

I did not try to be more accurate this time. I'm only planning to somehow complete the list so people would know what song to play next. Feedbacks will be more appreciated than before ^^

For the LN maps, I would make a separate thread for it if I ever do make one.
PyaKura
Just a quick catch : Milky Way [SC] by ExPew definitely not ADV10. ADV6/7 would make more sense.

Edit : not sure about Ascension to Heaven [7K LV.36] by Liese either. I'd put it ADV 9 or 10. I'll play it again later today to see how it turns out compared to G59 and other similar difficulty maps.

Aaaaaaand glad to see this thread being active again, good job \:D/

Edit 2 : 666th post yo
Topic Starter
Entozer
I changed Milky way to ADV7 for now (I still haven't rechecked though). I have no idea what it was doing on ADV10 @@.

Just rechecked Ascension to Heaven LV 36 and the ADV9. I might have to move around some of the ADV 9 to actually fit it somewhere. I was pretty sure I got it right x_x

Hopefully there's no more error @@. And thanks! Will edit later.
Yuki Toboe
I appreciate this list it's a nice thing to have. I finally started playing 7K instead of 4K+ACs two months ago, and now I'm able to play things in the advance 1 category.
PyaKura

Yuki Toboe wrote:

I appreciate this list it's a nice thing to have. I finally started playing 7K instead of 4K+ACs two months ago, and now I'm able to play things in the advance 1 category.
sounds totally like me a while back

@Entozer : Ascension to Heaven LV.36 in ADV9. Not hard enough to be in ADV10 IMO (or it's just me being good in density/streams maps and bad in the many LN maps in ADV10)
Taadashi
In expert 4, I think you might've missadded pew's hd instead of pew's shd on shuffle heaven. :)
Topic Starter
Entozer
@Pyakura
I'll try to fix it ASAP, this week I can't add (or change) any maps in the list, because I'll be going somewhere.

@Taadashi
Yes, I did xD Now fixed~
Maiz94
Hai Ento :D

Just want to say that Shining Collection on Erox's diff has been changed to Erox's SHD and ExPew's diff changed to Pew's SC. Please fix it. ^-^
kidlat020
hello masters. I'm gonna ask some advice. I've yet again reached a deadlock.

my problem is that I can "theoretically" perfect 1-2 simultaneous notes even at 1/8 note. but I go down the drain instantly (and frequently dead) when it's 3 simultaneous 1/8 notes.
PyaKura
There are no simultaneous 1/8 in this map... or are there ? Don't think so. Either way it got to be a finger independance issue, you'll get it right eventually. There is a world of difference berween HyPew and WA diffs.
kidlat020
yeah it's gotta be finger independence.

since I notice that when I'm playing, I raise my wrist very very often when playing. even at those 1/8 parts. If I don't, my fingers/wrist will meet resistance. I mean, if you're familiar with "every action has equal and opposite reaction".
Hanyuu
Playing alot with random helps alot for that and not playing the charts that the same thing from the beginning to the end. Most songs in osu are pretty straight forward from the beginning to the end which is good for consistence but if your playing ability on more difficult patterns should get better you only need to random everything or play songs with more out of the usual rhythms
Reba
Nice job
jLspah
It seems that few of the maps have been removed. At least Game Brain, Shinseitaiju and Ascension to Heaven.
kidlat020
would you recommend playing one song over and over again (like, 30+ times) or play different maps?

still stuck at 2k rank T_T
PyaKura

jLspah wrote:

It seems that few of the maps have been removed. At least Game Brain, Shinseitaiju and Ascension to Heaven.
The OP hasn't been edited since 9 days ago.

@Kidlat : I'd say play as many different maps as possible or play the same map with RD.
Akihiro

kidlat020 wrote:

would you recommend playing one song over and over again (like, 30+ times)

It would be a waste of time because you tryhard at one thing and don't improve anywhere else.

So play lotsa stuff, get out of your comfort zone when you feel like it, and stop looking at your rank :P

PyaKura wrote:

or play the same map with RD.
I disagree with this, because you're still confronted at the same patterns in terms of density, jackhammers are still jackhammer, and stairs just streams etc...
Though RD is good for being confronted to very ugly patterns in lower difficulty levels.
aquarivania
I don't know, it seems to be decent, except either my skill level is scattered or this chart is inaccurate in some areas. I could easily beat Trigger*Happy (Expert rating 2) while I can't seem to beat Sweet Rain (Novice 10). Maybe it's because my fingers are numb while I'm writing this but I've tried it quite a few times whereas I beat Trigger*Happy on my first try.
PyaKura

aquarivania wrote:

I don't know, it seems to be decent, except either my skill level is scattered or this chart is inaccurate in some areas. I could easily beat Trigger*Happy (Expert rating 2) while I can't seem to beat Sweet Rain (Novice 10). Maybe it's because my fingers are numb while I'm writing this but I've tried it quite a few times whereas I beat Trigger*Happy on my first try.
Lolwat
Luna

aquarivania wrote:

Are... Are you sure that you played... you know... the correct diff of Trigger Happy?
Because that sounds ridiculously unlikely haha
tsundoll

aquarivania wrote:

Upload replay, or at least screenshot your results screen.
Topic Starter
Entozer

kidlat020 wrote:

would you recommend playing one song over and over again (like, 30+ times) or play different maps?

still stuck at 2k rank T_T
No, I would not recommend doing that. If ever, I would only recommend it when you're in the beginner phase. You should try to play a wide variety of maps (possibly with random too) in order to further increase your skill. Basically, do what Pyakura said.

Do note that playing a lot with random would indeed increase your skill on randomized pattern, but you won't be able to play "clean".

---

aquarivania wrote:

Like what Luna said.

Not possible. You could have been playing the wrong diff of Trigger Happy since there are 4 versions of it. Diff from Beginner to Novice is as accurate as it could be. The same could be said for Advance. Expert's diff division is still not well defined to me, so there might be some misplaced songs among other Expert songs.

If ever this chart would be inaccurate in some areas, that would mean that your specific level on a skill is higher than the others. I know someone (almost everybody) who can play high-level long note charts and good in non-LN maps, but suck in jackhammers.

--

PyaKura wrote:

The OP hasn't been edited since 9 days ago.
;_; My motivation sometimes go rock-bottom. Most of the time I have no chance motivation to work on this. orz

But if you have any questions to me about mania (including mapping), you can ask them in this thread and I will answer them.
Remi94
Hi people I'm still kind of noobish here in the mania world (almost 5 months playing it [and playing rhythm game in general]) I'm guessing I'm somewhere around novice 10 and advance 1 (can B almost all of them and A a couple [in advance 1]). My question is if I should start training with RD mod and or try to look for maps with specific patterns to improve because lately I'm feeling like I'm hitting wall after wall and no good luck in trying to improve in holds and in dense maps (BMS lv.00). Other stuff is that I'm getting pissed by stairs because after my change in play-style in 7k (from left pinky to space) one month ago I can't do stairs well anymore I most of the time I miss some (a lot) notes and the accuracy most of the time is pretty bad. Most of the maps that I play have a couple of them and my accuracy (which is unstable :cry: ) gets worse that it should be. What should I do? stick playing normally until it gets fixed or train specifically for it. Thanks beforehand :) and sorry for my bad english :P
Akihiro
Hey, I have an ugly spreadsheet with all ranked maps and the difficulties here :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

I that might help you, I'll gladly share it ;)

also sorry for not having modded the map you asked me to mod, Entozer..., could not find the motivation :o
xNinjaKittyx
Apologies if anyone has already posted this.

I'm a fairly new Osu! Mania player. I've only been playing for about a little less than half a year.

Right now, According to this scale, I am roughly around Novice 7-8.

I would like to give some feedback on level Novice 7-10.

1. First off, I would like to say that the skill gap level between Novice 7 songs
and on each level requires that you somehow find another/quicker/faster/efficient way of reading in order to advance. Also some songs in each level are significantly easier or harder than the others.

I would also like to note that these are totally biased towards how I see them. But I do believe there is some objectivity in what I'm about to say.
2. In Novice 8, Flip Flap [Hard] would be an easy Novice 8. I find it just as easy as Sweet Rain or Smooch. However, I do think Far East Nightbird is much more difficult, and significantly a higher level play than any of these songs.

3. Mermaid Girl I can pass with a B, which is what I get on Flip Flap, Sweet Rain, or smooch. I do see the change in difficulty, as it does have scroll speed changes as well as forces the player to read both sides, instead of the consistent left hand and right hand doing some melody or smth.
However, in Novice 9, Shinseitaju is extremely hard for me. The first 30 seconds is obviously very easy, but afterwards, I have no idea what I'm reading, or in other words, I just can't read that fast.

4. Novice 10 I just can't play any of them through (which is expected), So i have no comment on that

tl'dr
- Flip Flap [hard] suggested for Novice 7
- Mermaid Girl lv 16 suggested for Novice 8

Other suggestions
- Conflict [NM] placed as Novice 8 or 9. (definitely harder than something like Workaholic.)
Thing O Doom
How can I get better at LNs? Because quite frankly I suck at them.

I'm somewhere in the range of ADV 3~~, but I can pass Gigantic otn [entozers] till the last part with the Lns.

So like, G59 [18] and Sweet rain [Ins] are super easy for me, but Fantastic Future feels really hard to pass.

I can do music revolver [easy] patterns with some of the holds, but in general the holds make me die, ESPECIALLY holds on key 3 when I have to also use keys 1 and two, I feel my left hand fingers just lock up when I press down certain keys.

I just dunno how to get a feel for holds I suppose. Also I keep my read speed super low, like usually 6 for high bpm maps, and 8 for slower, is this a problem?
show more