forum

[WIP] osu!mania maps, sorted by difficulty

posted
Total Posts
show more
Crimat
It's me again,

So to awnser your question Bobbias:

i compared Uni and flower flag to determine that Flower flag should be higher than it is and uni lower, the reason behind that being:

Flower flag has: Stairs and grace notes, 2 thing you dont find in uni, yes it is only pattern that i aren't used to but it still make it harder. I also think that uni is more ''relax'' to play, there is less part where you have a high concentration of note, it's more a constant thing (i'm saying that out of what i remember, might be mistaken).

For the mario song, the hard part about it is how the bpm change and the presence of SV, as you play the easiest difficulty of the song before you could assume that you get used to it, but i didn't feel like i was able to do it at all.

If i'm still not accurace enough about why i think these song aren't at the good level, feel free to tell me and i'll get a better explanation when i have the time because right now i dont. (i'm typing this while listening to my math teacher soo it's not like i can go and play the 3 song to extract the ''hard part'' from them and expose it here)

P.S. once again, sorry for the bad english
P.P.S o and i was forgetting, i already know my weak point due to my 4k experiance and yes i'm horrible with SV.
Stefan
Maybe you could also add my Election Angel, Uh! Map to the Beginner list. :p
PyaKura
Yay, finally passed on to the next stage ! Advanced, here I go !
(Cleared ChaiN/DestructioN [Insane] with a S, finally)

Anyways, here are some maps you might want to add to the list :

kors k - smooooch [7K MX] for ADV 1 (the difficulty being the sudden SV changes, the patterns are easy though)
Ikareru Kin no Shishi - G59 [Level 18] should be ADV 1 IMO, being harder than Sweet Rain [Insane]. Difficulty wise I think it is equal to ChaiN/DestructioN [Insane], perhaps that's just me. The main difficulty with this map is to keep up with the pace. The patterns are simple to read, but as the music is repetitive the patterns also repeat themselves in quick succession on different columns.
senya - Utakata, ai no Mahoroba [LV.21] should be able to replace G59 [Level 18] in the NOV 10. The beat is slower than Sweet Rain's but the patterns are a tad harder. It also features some Holds + Simples which is something lacking in this category, just before the ADVANCED level of maps.
Ci Mei Gui - Wu Xuan Lan [7K FEVER] : ADV 3 ? Holds + Simples during the whole map.
bj.HaLo - Ende [IN] : ADV 2 or 3 ? The patterns are simple/easy to read until the last part IMO.
Tatsh - Xepher [Insane] : This one is subject to frequent updates, but overall it feels like an ADV 4 when considering the patterns and the SV changes together.

I might be wrong about the ADV 3 and 4 maps I suggested as I don't really have the skill to play them correctly yet but I think my guesses are not too far from the truth. Tell me what you think.
Topic Starter
Entozer

PyaKura wrote:

Yay, finally passed on to the next stage ! Advanced, here I go !
(Cleared ChaiN/DestructioN [Insane] with a S, finally)

Anyways, here are some maps you might want to add to the list :

kors k - smooooch [7K MX] for ADV 1 (the difficulty being the sudden SV changes, the patterns are easy though)
Ikareru Kin no Shishi - G59 [Level 18] should be ADV 1 IMO, being harder than Sweet Rain [Insane]. Difficulty wise I think it is equal to ChaiN/DestructioN [Insane], perhaps that's just me. The main difficulty with this map is to keep up with the pace. The patterns are simple to read, but as the music is repetitive the patterns also repeat themselves in quick succession on different columns.
senya - Utakata, ai no Mahoroba [LV.21] should be able to replace G59 [Level 18] in the NOV 10. The beat is slower than Sweet Rain's but the patterns are a tad harder. It also features some Holds + Simples which is something lacking in this category, just before the ADVANCED level of maps.
Ci Mei Gui - Wu Xuan Lan [7K FEVER] : ADV 3 ? Holds + Simples during the whole map.
bj.HaLo - Ende [IN] : ADV 2 or 3 ? The patterns are simple/easy to read until the last part IMO.
Tatsh - Xepher [Insane] : This one is subject to frequent updates, but overall it feels like an ADV 4 when considering the patterns and the SV changes together.

I might be wrong about the ADV 3 and 4 maps I suggested as I don't really have the skill to play them correctly yet but I think my guesses are not too far from the truth. Tell me what you think.
Congrats! :D

Thank you for the suggestion! I added some songs you mentioned without questioning them since I still remember how it was mapped (But I still have to check them soon.) About moving G59 to Adv 1, I guess I can agree with you. I drafted it in Nov 10 since I did not take into consideration the speed of the map. You can think of it as me saying you have to have that kind of speed already when you are at advanced as a prerequisite, but then again not everyone likes to play fast song. (Some likes high-density ones but slow, some fast but few, some etcetc...) Anyway, I moved it. Let's see how it goes.

I still am not sure about the last 3 songs you mentioned since I haven't checked them, but I added them for now.

About smooooch, The patterns in this map are indeed somehow easy, though I guess we can put them in Adv for that. I'm still thinking whether SV-changes reading skill should be taken into consideration or not.

(Sorry for my half-assed response, but again, thank you. I've been quite busy, and bored of osu lately x_x)

Crimat wrote:

First thing i want to say, thx for the post it gave me a good way to introduce myself to 7K.

Now, for a bit of feedback.
I just started playing 7k after a good amound of time playing 4K, so maybe my 4K affect what map i can or cannot play but, in the beginner section:

- In beginner 3, Flower Flag is too hard (should go in beginner 5 i think)
- In beginner 5, If it takes a lifetime is way too hard, i managed S on the other one but i can barely do B there, should go up maybe to 7
- In beginner 6, Uni is too easy, i would put it in beginner 3

and just to show my point, i'll add some screenshot of my collection so you can compare the rank and % and see how much try i put in some of the song:

Beginner 3: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1025734 and yes it look like i have an A on big money but it's just because it's a higher pointscore than the 2 S i did there
Beginner 5: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1025736 i did try the map multiple time but i always end up quitting before getting my magnificent B registered
Beginner 6: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1025737 The B was done while riding a city bus, i did both A before it

so that's pretty much it, some of the note did change since i took the screenshot but when i did these rank i was pretty much at the same skilllevel.
I'll continue to play and give feedback as i progress, hope it helped.

P.S.: sorry for my english, i'm french at base so i might have done multiple mistake there.
Hello~ Thank you for trying out this list. Some of your suggestions does seem valid, so I might review those songs soon when I have the time.

Roxas wrote:

Ento can u add my diffs on croix too? :D https://osu.ppy.sh/s/88692
\o/ Hopefully I can add all the ranked maps by next week since I have nothing to do. So, yes, I can add that xD

Hanyuu wrote:

KOTOKO - unfinished (TV Size) [7K Burst] ? ADV 4?
Tamura Yukari - Fantastic future (TV Size) [Liese lv.24] ADV 3 ?
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/87194 [EXHAUST] ADV 6~7?
Tatsh - Xepher [SHD] EX 3? lol
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/236643 [7K Expert] ADV 4?
I'm still not going to put some Expert songs yet until the adv is somehow "finish", but thank you for these. I'll take note of those song you mentioned. I have added those ADV for now, but I still need to review them. Thank you for the suggestions!

Wishy wrote:

I just started playing and I'm doing the Novice level (3~4). I have to say:

----NOVICE 3----

Catastrophe [Normal] - Entozer //U
agony (TV Size) [Normal] - woc2006
Shinseitaiju [LV.9] - ExPew //U
Rhythmical Planet [Normal] - ljqandylee

agony was by far the easiest map on this level, Catastrophe was way harder. Then again Rhythmical Planet and Shinseitaiju were on a complete different level for me, being maps I could either fail or clear with a maximum rank of B, while agony was an easy A, and Catastrophe was a few retries A.
Hmm, I have to go recheck those maps I guess. Though I agree with Agony being easy (as from what I remember, it is quite a slow song, but with LN,) but I still need to review them. I might have put it wrongly at Novice 3 since at a higher level, lower bpms tend to be harder to press x_x. But thank you for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions everyone! Hopefully I can review them soon when I have the time.
PyaKura
Hello,

About smooooch, I based my suggestions following what you stated in the OP :

Entozer wrote:

Advanced:
This difficulty is for players who have proper exposure to common simple/complex patterns. Players at this level can easily play simple patterns such as the stairs.

In this difficulty, songs starts to have a pattern unique to the song itself, and those patterns cannot be applied to other songs most of the time. Players at this level starts to learn about specialized patterns. At this level, the type of players starts to branch out. Some players will start to play songs that are mostly Hold-oriented, some play songs that have a lot of speed changes, and some likes to play song with high density.
which is why I thought that you would also take SV changes into account. :)

Anyway thanks for updating the list ! I have some new maps to play now.
Jin Xero

PyaKura wrote:

Hello,

About smooooch, I based my suggestions following what you stated in the OP :

Entozer wrote:

Advanced:
This difficulty is for players who have proper exposure to common simple/complex patterns. Players at this level can easily play simple patterns such as the stairs.

In this difficulty, songs starts to have a pattern unique to the song itself, and those patterns cannot be applied to other songs most of the time. Players at this level starts to learn about specialized patterns. At this level, the type of players starts to branch out. Some players will start to play songs that are mostly Hold-oriented, some play songs that have a lot of speed changes, and some likes to play song with high density.
which is why I thought that you would also take SV changes into account. :)

Anyway thanks for updating the list ! I have some new maps to play now.
The beat relation to SV changes are almost very easy to read in MX and its a simple 3 note chords. I do agree smoooooch[mx] has the potential to be adv1 but I don't think it properly breaks the adv barrier yet. You have to also consider the beat + note complementation.
Zealtron

Entozer wrote:

----ADVANCED 3----

Fantastic Future (TV Size) [7K Liese's LV.24] - Lieselotte GD (?) (victorica_db)

----ADVANCED 4----

unfinished (TV Size) [7k Burst] - ljqandylee //U
I personally think that these two should be swapped or have unfinished moved to adv2. I have a significantly easier time with Unfinished 7k Burst than I do with Liese's LV.24 Fantastic Future. (Also, isn't ljqandylee's unfinished ranked? Unless that link is wrong.) Take this with a grain of salt though, as it might just be me being bad at those certain patterns/holds.

EDIT:
I'll report back once I've tried some of the recent advanced additions.
Anopob

Zealtron wrote:

Entozer wrote:

----ADVANCED 3----

Fantastic Future (TV Size) [7K Liese's LV.24] - Lieselotte GD (?) (victorica_db)

----ADVANCED 4----

I personally think that these two should be swapped or have unfinished moved to adv2. I have a significantly easier time with Unfinished 7k Burst than I do with Liese's LV.24 Fantastic Future. (Also, isn't ljqandylee's unfinished ranked? Unless that link is wrong.) Take this with a grain of salt though, as it might just be me being bad at those certain patterns/holds.

EDIT:
I'll report back once I've tried some of the recent advanced additions.
That's interesting, I'm the opposite. I find unfinished much harder than Fantastic Future, haha. Sometimes I fail unfinished but I can get through Fantastic Future with no problems.

Just wanted to say this is the first time I am posting here, thanks a lot to all the contributors of this thread =D
Zealtron

Anopob wrote:

That's interesting, I'm the opposite. I find unfinished much harder than Fantastic Future, haha. Sometimes I fail unfinished but I can get through Fantastic Future with no problems.

Just wanted to say this is the first time I am posting here, thanks a lot to all the contributors of this thread =D
Oh, is that so? Guess I'm just bad at holds, haha.

Anyway,
----ADVANCED 4----

Workaholic [Extra] - Agka //U
But I still feel that unfinished needs to move down to adv3. I haven't played God Knows, but I can easily A unfinished while I have a hard time passing Workaholic [Extra] (Heck, I have an easier time passing Game Brain[Lunatic] than this). Probably because of the sustained patterns instead of the more burst-like patterns of unfinished.

I'll throw a map here too.
Yakimochi no Kotae [R u m i's 7k Insane] adv2/3? The patterns aren't too difficult aside from a couple bursts and runningmen. Filled with holds and trills.
joelsp
This is the greatest thing ever. I felt like I could never find songs that were at the level of play I needed to progress. Thanks a lot

Map Suggestions: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/44967
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/49459
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/20406
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/75936 (4k)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/113909 (4k-6k)
Envisionise
Really loving the list, but I honestly think 7k Wintersun should be move from Advanced 6 to Advanced 8 or 9. The holds really test your finger independence, and speaking from my personal experience, I can finish G59 level 36 90% of the time and Nou Shou Sakuretsu Girl (Hard) 80% of the time, whereas for Wintersun... I'm nowhere near finishing that. Also, Wintersun really punishes you for missing (HP is 9) which is why I think it should be moved higher.

The songs are really great though :D Really loving the list. I hope the Expert list will be up soon!
NerdRage04
I am starting the school of Entozer today! I am ready to learn Professor E!!
Agka
Hi. Suggesting own map-
t/170282
Probably Adv. 10.
Envisionise
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1235156
I finally finished the last adv.10 song in the list. Lets hope expert comes out soon!
Xcrypt
gratz :) But do you even wintersun? :p
Drace
shinning collection > wintersun
Xcrypt
I guess that depends on how good you are with holds.
Bobbias
Shining Collection is fairly difficult the whole way through, where Wintersun's difficulty tends to come in bursts (some sections are relatively easy, whereas others are just plain evil).

Both of them are pretty damn hard but I would say execution wise Shining Collection is definitely harder. Wintersun only kills me because I can't read the slowdown , but Shining Collection kills me because of the speed/density (but I'm getting closer and closer to passing).
Envisionise

Xcrypt wrote:

gratz :) But do you even wintersun? :p
Haha thanks, and yes can pass 7k winter with 750k score, i just survive the crazy ln part, still can't hit the release of the ln's yet :p
Nanatsu
you're sorted by difficulty is mostly focused on 'o2jam style' maps.

i saw many players such as can fc Gigantic O.T.N Entozer's Another before last LN pattern but die, has epic hand speed but can't LN players.

LN is pretty fun but isn't fun to all players.
andromeda2020

_S u w a k o_ wrote:

i saw many players such as can fc Gigantic O.T.N Entozer's Another before last LN pattern but die, has epic hand speed but can't LN players.

I love LN so much <3
Taadashi
Sadly I don't like them LN because I can't play them at all. :(
Aqo
I'm updating my own list on my profile on a duo-weekly basis. This is only for ranked maps. Maybe some people can find it useful.
To keep it simple the list only has [Easy][Normal][Hard][Insane][Extra] sorting by my own leveling standards. Note that the level of the maps in [Easy] are around the level of this 7K MX (and [Extra] is pretty much just imperishable night 2006 unless something crazy gets ranked in the future)
Tear
Watch out we've got an Entozer fan over there
Taadashi

Aqo wrote:

I'm updating my own list on my profile on a duo-weekly basis. This is only for ranked maps. Maybe some people can find it useful.
To keep it simple the list only has [Easy][Normal][Hard][Insane][Extra] sorting by my own leveling standards. Note that the level of the maps in [Easy] are around the level of this 7K MX (and [Extra] is pretty much just imperishable night 2006 unless something crazy gets ranked in the future)
I think your scale is for more advanced players if an MX is for easy level, haha. :P
Aqo
For players who played more than a month or two I guess?

You can rest assured than the [Easy] ones are much easier than BMS level 0. :v
Taadashi

Aqo wrote:

For players who played more than a month or two I guess?

You can rest assured than the [Easy] ones are much easier than BMS level 0. :v
Haha, only BMS song I've been able to pass, with a B, is Gelnika's Wall, lol. :P

Dunno how hard BMS lvl 0 is though, lol. But I do know how hard that MX song is (Which is easy for a MX)
Nanatsu

andromeda2020 wrote:

_S u w a k o_ wrote:

I love LN so much <3

well, i like LN too. but my point is for all players.

do you think all rhythm game players were passed o2jam at least once? i never think. and these o!m ranked map LN style is favorable to o2jam free server / o2solo players.
andromeda2020
I don't know if all rhythm game players encountered O2jam but I do know that some mania players played O2jam before.
edit: maybe yes not all of them encountered it lol
Nanatsu

andromeda2020 wrote:

I don't know if all rhythm game players encountered O2jam but I do know that some mania players played O2jam before.
edit: maybe yes not all of them encountered it lol
I can say only that LN has huge gap about skill level with other players. If havent experience about playing o2jam.

I still think Lv.30 around map can pass players are still ET. They are has talent.

But most of all players can't pass it. Just nowaday's o2jam players are survive players. At result, They are almost pro.

So many people can think Lv.30 is not hard, but this is really no idea somehow for me.
Drace
What you're saying can work the other way around, I find level 50-60 full LN maps much easier than ~lv10 insane dan from the bms scale. It depends on what you spent your time training. Taking that into account, I find the list does a good job finding a middle ground between the two fields.
Nanatsu

Drace wrote:

What you're saying can work the other way around, I find level 50-60 full LN maps much easier than ~lv10 insane dan from the bms scale. It depends on what you spent your time training. Taking that into account, I find the list does a good job finding a middle ground between the two fields.
I know. just i want to say not all players are accept LN style. Its my experience from rhythm game playing.

In my opnion is this list is still okay for me oO and i didnt say such as 'revise this list'
Sonrilol
Slowly working my way up(down?) the list. I'd like to note that for me Workaholic [Insane] feels much harder than any of the Advanced 3 songs.
CaptainAhab_old
Thank you very much for doing this, I really appreciate it.

Working through Sweet Rain right now, it's a lot of fun!
ArcherLove
Can you make Osu!mania maps, for LN only ? the List I mean :D ~
Lyra
If it's not too much to ask for, could you put all of the maps in a respective Zip folder map pack?

Going through and downloading them all would be a pain now. ;n;
NFZ_Cap
This helps alot for a new player like me. im not new to the genre but moving from arcade cabs to mouse and keyboard has been difficult. ill try them out to see if it helps.
Taadashi
Sorry to bump this. Just wondering if this is still a WIP or if it has been abandoned. :P
Topic Starter
Entozer
I still have plans to do this, but I still have no motivation to continue... (So I guess this is still WIP? @_@)

Some of it is putting an "Achievement" List (like the verification program threads in 5k and 4k), and even listing the high score for each unranked song. I'm also thinking if I should make a "Long Note Only" list just like what ArcherLove suggested.

After I finish some of my maps to be put in the higher tier, I would probably continue this.

Sorry for the long delay and whatsoever. orz. (And sorry for the expectations ??) OTL
Taadashi

Entozer wrote:

I still have plans to do this, but I still have no motivation to continue... (So I guess this is still WIP? @_@)

Some of it is putting an "Achievement" List (like the verification program threads in 5k and 4k), and even listing the high score for each unranked song. I'm also thinking if I should make a "Long Note Only" list just like what ArcherLove suggested.

After I finish some of my maps to be put in the higher tier, I would probably continue this.

Sorry for the long delay and whatsoever. orz. (And sorry for the expectations ??) OTL
Ah, nono. No problem mate. :) Didn't mean to pressure you or something (sry if I did ;_;). Was just wondering since it's been silent for a while. :P
show more