forum

How do you guys deal with pain in your left hand.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
beeboy123
How do you guys deal with pain in your left hand (or right depending on your tapping hand) after playing Osu. Anything from streches

Please, no "stop playing with your wrist replies". I cant alternate fingers if I do.
winber1
why is this in general development

oh i know.
you need to develop and train your wrists more so that they don't get tired and feel pain.

no seriously. if your wrist is legitimately hurting you should stop playing and take a break otherwise u will be at risk in getting a life-long injury in your wrist. If you're just tired, and it's not hurting well then you're just weak and pathetic and you should feel bad.
Ephemeral
i recommend getting a wrist rest since you're probably setting yourself up for an rsi if you're actively experiencing pain in a hand that is being compressed often due to play

those oppai mousepads are actually not bad (though for the right hand), but a simple 5 dollar gel wrist pad will do wonders for you
Dexus
Do these as recommended and invest in a stress ball or some sort of hand exercise equipment to help strengthen your hand.

http://m.wikihow.com/Exercise-Your-Fingers

Previous two posts are good advice: take breaks often (sometimes longer than a day depending on how hard you play) and invest in some sort of support for your hand so it can be less strained.

Also look through the forums/youtube (even ask some pro players) for how to have good (not correct as there's plenty of ways to play) technique.
XPJ38
Moved to G&R.
[ Zan ]
Take a short break? If it hurts for a long time then you probably should just take a loooong break
enik
Try to experiement with your hands position, change the heigh of your chair/table/keyboard. I had constant wrist pains once, surprisingly, they were indeed caused by a wrong left hand position.
Yakuyan
Just take short breaks...watch anime...whatever. But it is good that you take breaks because you don't want to overexert or damage your wrists or may be even hands. When you keep playing osu!, you're going to realize that your breaks will get less and less until you don't need anymore. I realized that you started playing 2 months ago. Don't worry, pain will slowly go away when you keep playing. ;)

Another tip: If you are tapping hard, try to tap on the keys with less force. That may help.
JAKACHAN
Learn to alternate without using your wrist. I know you said not to say this but you will end up streaming so much faster if you stop using your wrist.

I went from being limited at about 220 to 250 in an hour after I stopped using my wrist.
Mathsma

JAKACHAN wrote:

Learn to alternate without using your wrist. I know you said not to say this but you will end up streaming so much faster if you stop using your wrist.

I went from being limited at about 220 to 250 in an hour after I stopped using my wrist.
What do you mean using your wrist? Like rocking your wrist left and right?
Dexus
If you feel your forearm when you twiddle your fingers you can see muscles move there and not in your hand/wrist. Learn to have better control of that and you're golden.

hmm... I'm thinking of training single tapping out without wrist usage just to see if this works too, never thought of it as it was easier to do with your wrist. It doesn't mean it was proper/useful though!
PLAYER WITH RSI
i use my left hand to masturbate over 2 hours to build stamina
Purple

Mathsma wrote:

JAKACHAN wrote:

What do you mean using your wrist? Like rocking your wrist left and right?
I've heard of "streaming with your wrist" for a while and it confuses me as well.

Streaming fast makes parts of my arm hurt, not my fingers. If my fingers or hand hurt I stop inmidiately and take a long break.
Aquamarine
Play a lot. Think of it like working out. Feeling pain is a good thing. You'll have more endurance the next day with rest. Keep in mind your technique; preferably a relaxed position so you don't develop any permanent chronic pain.
Dexus
Feeling pain, and feeling a burn. Two different things.

When working out you're not supposed to hurt from it. You're supposed to feel a burning sensation which means lactic acids are being released. If you're pushing yourself to where you feel any sort of pain close to sharp pains or hurting you're doing it wrong and you're going to damage yourself.

Just relax, you shouldn't have tension at all. osu! is more of a dexterity thing than raw strength.
cantbesocial
My right hand actually hurts when i play. (My pen hand) My typing hand never feels pain. I tried playing like mass stream maps too. But it never hurts my left hand. My right always hurts. Idk why it's like that, does anyone have the same problem?!?!
Sandy Hoey
Please no necropost, just create your own post. If it hurts, don't do it
Tamako Lumisade
Everyone has a problem with a pain in their left hand.

Meanwhile, I complain about a pain in my right arm.

#feelsbadman
My Angel Raphi
cut it off
JDHOLO
Take a hot shower, and do hand exercises to avoid RSI
Ayayano
Imagine reviving a 2 year old thread
Everett
My pen hand is the one that hurts most when I play not the other one
My vains hurt when I tap the keyboard and it’s been a day and it still hurts T-T
goturds
Nourios
cant relate my wrist doesnt hurt
Electro1009
well my wrist hurts sometimes when im playing but it stops within a minute after the round is over or if I paused for like a minute.
weary2008
idk, it's just those fucking dumbass Lolit Speed jumptrills that break my hand every single time
Apteryxx

Freshorderofdog wrote:

My right hand actually hurts when i play. (My pen hand) My typing hand never feels pain. I tried playing like mass stream maps too. But it never hurts my left hand. My right always hurts. Idk why it's like that, does anyone have the same problem?!?!
I have the same problem currently, did you ever get a solution?
troIIing

Apteryxx wrote:

Freshorderofdog wrote:

I have the same problem currently, did you ever get a solution?
stop necroposting and stop playing if you feel pain