posted
Total Posts
show more
benjanyan
-
szcz4w

benjanyan wrote:

szcz4w wrote:

Hello. Someone can help me? I need m.link with 200-300/330 pack. Thanks in advance.
Most of them are on here: http://kater.selfhost.me/osutor.php
you have my gratitude thanks a lot
chong601
Due to my incompetence in managing my server, I have to reformat my server and consequently I have to redownload all the packs...
Will make some server go mad with my download speed :|

UPDATE: Server is back up
Imperf3kt
Regrettably, I must stop seeding.
It was fun while it lasted.
chong601

Imperf3kt wrote:

Regrettably, I must stop seeding.
It was fun while it lasted.
That's some awesome upload ratio o_o
benjanyan
-
chong601

benjanyan wrote:

Today was supposed to be bye-bye VPS day but Heart Internet gave me another month for free. I'd deleted everything so I have to re-download what I was seeding but woo, another half a TB of bandwidth usage for you guys.

After that, I won't be seeding though. It was excess space and bandwidth which I don't have on my new (significantly cheaper) VPS.
:(
its fine though, there's enough seeders for most small beatmap packs now (big beatmap packs are being handled by me)

EDIT:
@freakkater: is there any ETA on pack 381-390?
Topic Starter
freakkater
NEW TORRENT ONLINE!!!
osu! Beatmap Packs 0381-0390
Magnet | Torrent
zwoots

Am I going to regret this guys?

Also if I stop seeding I'm sorry. It's for hard drive running out of space reasons if I do but I'll try to keep it seeding for as long as possible.
chong601

zwoots wrote:

Also if I stop seeding I'm sorry. It's for hard drive running out of space reasons if I do but I'll try to keep it seeding for as long as possible.
It might cause problems if you want to seed both the official beatmap pack and that but it depends you your current storage space.

Don't worry about unable to seed... There's still a few seeders with seedboxes and they can tank it (I have 300/300 Mbps effective bandwidth)
Topic Starter
freakkater
:!: :!: :!: :!: I WANT TO QUIT THIS! :!: :!: :!: :!:
yes, folks... i know i did a good thing long time now, but i hate how my preferred osu-mode (ctb) is developing. i haven't played a single map for about a month now due to the new star-rating... it's for peppys stars only, not for casual gamers anymore.
I'd be happy to send anyone willing to continue this all the full information on kater.selfhost.me (since it's a free dns account i have no problem with giving it away)!

Information i need of you to apply for my job and the data:
HTML/PHP knowledge?
Database Management (MySQL)?
are you able to run a server 24/7?
do you have a torrent client on your server (you have to build all torrents)?
upload speed?
zwoots

chong601 wrote:

zwoots wrote:

It might cause problems if you want to seed both the official beatmap pack and that but it depends you your current storage space.

Don't worry about unable to seed... There's still a few seeders with seedboxes and they can tank it (I have 300/300 Mbps effective bandwidth)
I was more talking about the quality of the beatmaps in the really early beatmap packs, actually.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by 'official beatmap pack'?
chong601

freakkater wrote:

:!: :!: :!: :!: I WANT TO QUIT THIS! :!: :!: :!: :!:
yes, folks... i know i did a good thing long time now, but i hate how my preferred osu-mode (ctb) is developing. i haven't played a single map for about a month now due to the new star-rating... it's for peppys stars only, not for casual gamers anymore.
I'd be happy to send anyone willing to continue this all the full information on kater.selfhost.me (since it's a free dns account i have no problem with giving it away)!

Information i need of you to apply for my job and the data:
HTML/PHP knowledge?
Database Management (MySQL)?
are you able to run a server 24/7?
do you have a torrent client on your server (you have to build all torrents)?
upload speed?
:(
About the info:
HTML=yes, PHP=no
I know database but i don't know how to protect it xD (never actually done any website with database facing the internet)
Not really 24/7 but there's a weekly restart due to how Windows work (trying to make it monthly)
Yes of course (qBittorrent 3.1.11 custom built for speed)
100 Mbps guaranteed, burst up to 300 Mbps

zwoots wrote:

Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by 'official beatmap pack'?
Official beatmap pack as in those packed by Marcin/DeathxShinigami
The 0001-0330 beatmap pack is repackaged in one big .rar file which is different to the small beatmap packs, big beatmap packs and 0001-0200,0001-0300 since those are individual packs, not repackaged ones
chong601
RIP beatmap torrents....
idk whether to write the whole webpage from scratch or just ask freakkater for the whole source code of the webpage and just dump it to my server...
Sins
beatmap torrents still works downloading 0-330 right now
benjanyan
-
chong601

benjanyan wrote:

There's always been another tracker and webpage with the packs on there. He just never posts in this thread. :P Just putting it out there...

http://tracker.hiramiya.me/

It's creating the torrents and initial seeding that needs attention.
But will (s)he updates the torrent links when someone (probably me) uploads a new pack?
If he did update, then probably I can start packing when the next beatmap pack released
(0391-0400, 0001-0400 and 0301-0400)

(I will do the packing based on the beatmap pack mirror site listing (http://osu.yas-online.net/))
Topic Starter
freakkater
Ezoda got the information about all necessary things and you may contact him to help him out
dionzz99

:)

P.S : sorry for not seeding, my internet is trash for this filesize (my upload is around 10KB/sec). i have to wait 1 week non-stop to actually finish it.
chong601
Its been a great fun for me to help the community to seed these beatmap torrents.
In the duration of April 30 to today, i have seeded 42145.59 GB to help speeding up the download of the beatmap packs.
Sadly, I have to cease all seeding operations indefinitely to make way for my real life stuff (i no longer have the time to take care of this server :()
Hopefully I will come back seeding when I am out of those issues soon :)
Hiramiya
Wow, I never realised just how much attention this all got, or how long I've been seeding all these packs... Although I haven't posted, I've been constantly seeding (and maintaining the tracker, without ever checking, yeah okay I'm weird)

If anyone wants to help with uploading torrent packs, I can activate your account on my tracker - just register for an account and drop me a PM here quoting your username there (or make it matching, that works too, but definitely PM me!) and I'll set your account to an uploader get in touch, and keep an eye on the second post of this thread.

All minipacks up to 400 are on the tracker, however it seems some are broken/incorrect. Fixing them now. Fixed!
Latest 391-400: torrent
Updated to fix folder names:
381-390 torrent
371-380 torrent
361-370 torrent
351-360 torrent
341-350 torrent
331-340 torrent

Thanks all for your support :)
Hiramiya
Latest Osu! Megapack torrent is available!

Containing packs 301-400: torrent
chong601

Hiramiya wrote:

Wow, I never realised just how much attention this all got, or how long I've been seeding all these packs... Although I haven't posted, I've been constantly seeding (and maintaining the tracker, without ever checking, yeah okay I'm weird)

If anyone wants to help with uploading torrent packs, I can activate your account on my tracker - just register for an account and drop me a PM here quoting your username there (or make it matching, that works too, but definitely PM me!) and I'll set your account to an uploader.

All minipacks up to 400 are on the tracker, however it seems some are broken/incorrect. Fixing them now. Fixed!
Latest 391-400: torrent
Updated to fix folder names:
381-390 torrent
371-380 torrent
361-370 torrent
351-360 torrent
341-350 torrent
331-340 torrent

Thanks all for your support :)

Hiramiya wrote:

Latest Osu! Megapack torrent is available!

Containing packs 301-400: torrent
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
*repurchases the server and start seeding*

BTW:
381-390 and 391-400 is broken (the link on the tracker site is correct)
Hiramiya

chong601 wrote:

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
*repurchases the server and start seeding*

BTW:
381-390 and 391-400 is broken (the link on the tracker site is correct)
Aha thanks very much, extra bandwidth is more than appreciated!
I've amended the URLs in my above post ^^
chong601
it seems that 301-400 beatmap torrents isn't compatible with (doesn't seem to be 100% complete when checked using qbittorrent file checker):
301-310
311-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
371-380
381-390
391-400

probably i will not seed those above packs and seed 301-400 instead (or maybe i provide a fixed torrent file?)
-OR-
i continue seed the above torrents and i provide a new 301-400?
Hiramiya
The 301-400 megapack torrent is delivered in the same way as the previous megapacks 201-300 and is not interchangeable with the minipacks. It's unfortunate, but this is due to the way torrent protocols work :(
The 001-100 and 201-300 minipacks were only compatible with the megapacks as they were created after the megapacks. I don't imagine anyone even uses the minipacks between 001 and 200 any more...

This is how my folder structure works:

(Disregard the 401-400 folder there, that's just preparation and is not yet available)

In your case, and probably many others, the easiest thing is to copy all the packs from the minipack folders into the megapack folder, and seed that. Since a megapack is out, there isn't much need for the mini ones now anyway!

It's nice to see there are already people getting the 301-400 torrent, can those of you who do please seed for a while, no matter how slow your upload speed is (every little helps!) to help others. Thanks~
chong601
I actually seed both mini and megapacks (seed small packs if they aren't packed to 100s, then seed the big packs once they are available and kill minipacks off after a while)...

Those stopped are the affected torrents

Because, on the previous 100-pack torrent, they are both interchangable (i shove 1-400 pack to one giant folder and cross seed them as necessary to make the the bigger torrent packs available faster)

For now, I am trying to get 301-400 and see whether that makes those minipacks compatible, If not... that may be the end of the small pack seeding :(

Extra info:
I might make a 301-400 pack 1st if the previous option failed but it depends to you to swap the torrent file :)
Hiramiya

chong601 wrote:

I actually seed both mini and megapacks (seed small packs if they aren't packed to 100s, then seed the big packs once they are available and kill minipacks off after a while)...
This is the same as what I do, as per my 'offical' seedbox:

chong601 wrote:

Because, on the previous 100-pack torrent, they are both interchangable (i shove 1-400 pack to one giant folder and cross seed them as necessary to make the the bigger torrent packs available faster)
Do you mean the 201-300 torrent? As far as I'm aware that is not compatible with the minipacks (201-210, 211-220, 221-230, etc) or it shouldn't have been.. (Edit: Re-reading what you say here, do you have all the beatmap packs in one big folder, and all your torrents run from that? If so, that actually sounds client-specific and non-conforming to the bittorrent protocol..)

chong601 wrote:

For now, I am trying to get 301-400 and see whether that makes those minipacks compatible, If not... that may be the end of the small pack seeding :(
If you pause the torrent, copy the .rar files from the minipack (301-310, 311-320, etc) folders into the megapack (0301-0400) folder, and then force a re-check, it should work correctly.

chong601 wrote:

Extra info:
I might make a 301-400 pack 1st if the previous option failed but it depends to you to swap the torrent file :)
I'd rather not swap the file since it appears to be working correctly to me, the only issue seems to be with how those are being stored for you, and there are already plenty of peers using that torrent..

P.S. I see the 0001-0200 and 0001-0300 torrents in your client - those are deprecated and will soon be removed from my tracker ;)
chong601

Hiramiya wrote:

Do you mean the 201-300 torrent? As far as I'm aware that is not compatible with the minipacks (201-210, 211-220, 221-230, etc) or it shouldn't have been.. (Edit: Re-reading what you say here, do you have all the beatmap packs in one big folder, and all your torrents run from that? If so, that actually sounds client-specific and non-conforming to the bittorrent protocol..)
They do (since as you can see, 1-200 and 1-300 have 0 bytes on download)
Afaik, most torrent client do allow custom folder names (uTorrent, BitTorrent, libTorrent-based client). I am using qBittorrent though (used it since uTorrent keeps on filling up the RAM everytime it have >20 MB/s). qBittorrent allowed me to reach 40 MB/s on full load

Hiramiya wrote:

If you pause the torrent, copy the .rar files from the minipack (301-310, 311-320, etc) folders into the megapack (0301-0400) folder, and then force a re-check, it should work correctly.
Tried that, some packs aren't readed :( (only 86% complete)

Hiramiya wrote:

I'd rather not swap the file since it appears to be working correctly to me, the only issue seems to be with how those are being stored for you, and there are already plenty of peers using that torrent..
Looks like I will be back to the old way of having the actual folder rather than one big folder containing all the packs if this doesn't work...
(used that method because of the 1-200 and 1-300 but ok)

Hiramiya wrote:

P.S. I see the 0001-0200 and 0001-0300 torrents in your client - those are deprecated and will soon be removed from my tracker ;)
Saw that yesterday, but thanks for the heads up! :)

Extra thing:
I might add another 100/100 Mbps unlimited quota server probably next month since it seems that I can use up the quota on this primary server before the end of the month (8 TB of them) so that the downloads will be smoother ;)
Hiramiya

chong601 wrote:

Hiramiya wrote:

They do (since as you can see, 1-200 and 1-300 have 0 bytes on download)
Afaik, most torrent client do allow custom folder names (uTorrent, BitTorrent, libTorrent-based client). I am using qBittorrent though (used it since uTorrent keeps on filling up the RAM everytime it have >20 MB/s). qBittorrent allowed me to reach 40 MB/s on full load
Interesting, I've never seen that option in uTorrent before, unless it's in a newer version that I've never used. No idea on that :P
I wasn't counting the 1-200 and 1-300 torrent because as said, these should be considered deprecated - I actually have no idea how these were done as they weren't 'standard' and never appeared in my boxes.

chong601 wrote:

Hiramiya wrote:

Tried that, some packs aren't readed :( (only 86% complete)
That's very weird, since that's the way I do it on my boxes - otherwise getting these new torrents up would take forever!

chong601 wrote:

Hiramiya wrote:

Looks like I will be back to the old way of having the actual folder rather than one big folder containing all the packs if this doesn't work...
(used that method because of the 1-200 and 1-300 but ok)
If you can figure out some way to make your torrent client accept that, feel free! So long as the data seeded is correct. As far as I know, doing such doesn't strictly follow the bittorent spec, and I'd rather keep compatibility for those who don't understand the finer details of these things to minimise support-like questions.

chong601 wrote:

Hiramiya wrote:

Saw that yesterday, but thanks for the heads up! :)

Extra thing:
I might add another 100/100 Mbps unlimited quota server probably next month since it seems that I can use up the quota on this primary server before the end of the month (8 TB of them) so that the downloads will be smoother ;)
That would be very appreciated! I'm looking to add an extra box sometime soon once I do the redesign (to make things easier for people) but more is definitely merrier!
chong601
I might delete all the torrents i have running now and use your links instead... i think possibly the contents on freakkater's torrent make this issue (maybe like atime or mtime)... (also if i still can't manage to get them work...)

yay page 16
Hiramiya
I don't want to say anything specific, but considering the issues with the torrents from 340-390 (directory naming etc) I wouldn't surprised if there was some issue there. It seems that quality control went rather downhill as soon as he planned to stop contributing :(
If anyone's interested, the very basic first-design for the new osu!torrents page looks like this:

It actually now looks like this:
Hiramiya
The new osu!torrents page is live and contains all valid links to the latest torrents! Find it at http://osu.hiramiya.me/torrents.htm :D
chong601
Nice design! :D

Btw, is those torrent links at http://tracker.hiramiya.me stilll considered as official? 331-340, 371-380 and 381-390 isn't compatible with 301-400... (the beatmap packs are obtained from 301-400 torrent)
Hiramiya

chong601 wrote:

Nice design! :D

Btw, is those torrent links at http://tracker.hiramiya.me stilll considered as official? 331-340, 371-380 and 381-390 isn't compatible with 301-400... (the beatmap packs are obtained from 301-400 torrent)
The links on the new site actually just point to the original tracker address - they will still be valid for a while as I'm still rewriting the backend (and will at some point be modifying the actual tracker)

Thanks for pointing that out, the files themselves should be compatible as they're the exact same files (certainly I haven't done anything special with the actual packs) and that's how I made it work!

Considering the 301-400 torrent is out now, I think it's easier if everyone stops using the minipacks for those now, and just switches to the megapack. Something strange has happened with these torrents and it's not really worth the time to figure it out (since it makes no sense) especially as we won't have anything like this happen until the next 98 beatmap packs are out ;)

If anyone does find themselves wanting to figure this out; the torrents are all made from their own folders (as shown in my folder structure image) using the exact same files. I think those three particular mentioned minipack torrents use a different piece size, and is confusing clients somehow. This doesn't make sense though, since the source files themselves are identical.
chong601
That means all minipacks from 1-400 will be deprecated?
this sucks
23h of seeding and 56 GB good job xD
Hiramiya
Technically as soon as a 100-beatmap megapack was released, the minipacks were implicitly obsolete. I'm planning to make this situation more explicit, as once a 100-pack comes out there is really no need for the leading 10packs.
10packs will still be registered on the tracker (unlike the currently announced deprecated ones which will be removed) however they will not be listed on the osu!torrents page, and will not be seeded on my 'official' boxes. Others are welcome to seed, but everyone would be better off if the megapacks were seeded instead!

For anyone concerned about bandwidth use on the megapacks (i.e. downloading too much at once) they should be reminded you can select which files in a torrent you wish to download (standard functionality in most clients) and most clients also support download quotas to prevent going over any limits.

Edit: I realise I should probably clarify between obsolete and deprecated here.
Deprecated torrents are ones which will be removed from the tracker as they have been completely succeeded by another. In this case an entry and note will appear on the listings. (Example of this would be 401-425/450 451-500, which would be replaced by the full megapack)
Obsolete torrents are ones which still hold some meaning and will not be removed from the tracker, but should not be used as new (such as minipacks leading to a megapack) for the full set, only to update an existing collection (like for seed boxes) and will be removed from the 'official' boxes after a while.

There will be more information on the pages soon detailing anything I can think of, though I'm trying to balance time between documenting things, or improving the backend to provide more info~
chong601
Just a reminder that from 12am UTC (8 am UTC+8) 13 April 2015, I will stop seeding 1-200 and 1-300 since I am the only seeder available and no leechers available for the last 2-3 days (this marks the discontinuation of all 200s and 300s beatmap packs)
All uncompleted downloaders for pack 1-200 and 1-300 are encouraged to use 1-100, 101-200, 201-300 and 301-400 instead to continue downloading :)
chong601
sorry for double-posting :(

After a whole month of 7 TB of uploads and the ever-decreasing hard disk space on my virtual seedbox, I have planned to get a dedicated seedbox (current planned specs: 500 GB hard disk, either 20 TB monthly quota with a Gigabit connection or unmetered 100 Mbps, 4 GB RAM).

However, i might probably need to add donation links on both servers website (i probably still can manage running 2 seedbox at the same time and any extra sources of income definitely make my life smoother since i don't really have a stable income...)

UPDATE: the dedicated box is up, it may cause frequent random upload spikes to other seeders due to me optimizing the seeding speed
Karuta-_old_1
Just use google-ads, I will set it as my homepage and newtab so you will get money from them

Good job maintaining the torrents by the way

If anyone wants to find the download link, it is on the 3rd post on page 1

those with broken download speed, please download torrent
show more