Topic Starter
freakkater

chong601 wrote:

freakkater wrote:

NEW TORRENT ONLINE!!!
osu! Beatmap Packs 0361-0370
Magnet | Torrent
Snatched the torrent but 48 KB/s????
yep. had to max-out my speed for the website and tracker availability... until 2017 i will host on this lame shit internet connection... but then i will get 50MB/s down and 10MB/s up at my town! btw you are the first one who loaded the torrent chong... everyone of the first ones will have the slowness of a torrent first and all later-loaders get full bandwith from multiple hosts!
B1rd
OP you are a good person.
[Bystander]
A little ot but...
What p2p client do you use?
Bitorrent is scarey. Utorrent is scarey.
(PUP) :o
Ash Marley
Do you have a torrent of all Ranked beatmaps?
chong601
Bad news... My VPS quota hit 3.2 TB at the moment, all torrents are subjected to a permanent 512 KB/s limit till 30 September

freakkater wrote:

yep. had to max-out my speed for the website and tracker availability... until 2017 i will host on this lame shit internet connection... but then i will get 50MB/s down and 10MB/s up at my town! btw you are the first one who loaded the torrent chong... everyone of the first ones will have the slowness of a torrent first and all later-loaders get full bandwith from multiple hosts!
Speed isn't my first priority... I'll wait till i get 100% for the torrent and i will tank the leechers until everything is sorted :D

[Bystander] wrote:

A little ot but...
What p2p client do you use?
Bitorrent is scarey. Utorrent is scarey.
(PUP) :o
I use uTorrent 2.2.1 (the last version before ads is added)
Yep they are scary but if you still wanna use it, remember to use diskio.sparse_files (and prepare for extreme fragmentation) and as well enable diskio.flush_files to prevent RAM getting filled by Windows if you are using the latest BitTorrent or uTorrent.

Ash Marley wrote:

yep there are
Pack 1-330 (one big RAR)
Pack 1-200 (individual packs)
Pack 1-300 (individual packs)
Packs 301-370 aren't packed into one unless if they are in 100s
Topic Starter
freakkater

Ash Marley wrote:

see website please: http://kater.selfhost.me/osutor.php
Approved Packs 1-10 and 1-11 are available!
All Ranked Maps are included in the other torrents as well (about 95% are ranked)
Ash Marley
Thank you. You're a legend! I'll seed them too.

edit: extracting the rar just gives me a bunch of audio files, images and osu files. Doing the usual dragging the osu file into osu doesn't work. None of them work. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, none of the beatmaps were in separate folders with the associated files. It's all just 1 mixed folder.
chong601

Ash Marley wrote:

Thank you. You're a legend! I'll seed them too.

edit: extracting the rar just gives me a bunch of audio files, images and osu files. Doing the usual dragging the osu file into osu doesn't work. None of them work. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, none of the beatmaps were in separate folders with the associated files. It's all just 1 mixed folder.
O.O did you extracted the .osz file as well? You are doing it wrong.....
The correct way is extract all .rar beatmap packs to /path/to/your/osu!/folder/Songs then launch osu! (if you didn't open it) or press F5 (if you have opened osu!).
DON'T MANUALLY EXTRACT THOSE .OSZ FILES YOURSELF! DOING THAT MIGHT CAUSE SOME ISSUES (like yours)

Edit: which beatmap pack torrent you use?
Salamat
Thank you. I always wait until 10 beatmap packs have been uploaded to download one of your torrents. I get a bunch of new songs every 1-2 months thanks to you. :)
Ash Marley
No, I only extracted the rar file. This is the content of the rar file.

It's fine, I got it now. It was just anime pack 1. It extracted zip files within the rar for whatever reason. The others extracted just the osu files.
Topic Starter
freakkater

Ash Marley wrote:

No, I only extracted the rar file. This is the content of the rar file.

It's fine, I got it now. It was just anime pack 1. It extracted zip files within the rar for whatever reason. The others extracted just the osu files.
when using winrar or other likewise software you can extract via drag and drop. but if it still extracts all within as well then you have to check your settings!
MiloSx7
Thanks! This is awesome! Since my upload speed is only 150kbps I will seed every pack I currently play. When I finish and download a new one I will quit seeding last one and seed the new one instead.
Lucmans
Thanks for posting these torrents!!!
Makes everyone's life soooo much easier : D
Razorflamekun
I went ahead and created a torrent for packs 371-376.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhtu3j4riugvy ... rrent?dl=0

I'll be seeding it as much as I can until I get a few additional seeders.

Cheers!
chong601

Razorflamekun wrote:

I went ahead and created a torrent for packs 371-376.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nhtu3j4riugvy ... rrent?dl=0

I'll be seeding it as much as I can until I get a few additional seeders.

Cheers!
y u do this D:
Topic Starter
freakkater

freakkater wrote:

After i got asked several times now: There will only be 10, 100 or all actual packs per torrent.
enough said (quote from first post)
chong601

come at me bro
Topic Starter
freakkater

chong601 wrote:

come at me bro
nice upload! *wants to have*
chong601

freakkater wrote:

chong601 wrote:

come at me bro
nice upload! *wants to have*
that isn't common tho... (its been that way for good 7 hours)
benjanyan
-
chong601
Probably BitTorrent blocking? I hosted away from my home because of the exact same problem (and it only allow max 1KB/s at any given day)
(or probably because a lot of users aimed at my server....)
Topic Starter
freakkater
seems normal to what i can see on the tracker's backend... about 200 connects per minute are a normal frequency, regular update-time of the utorrent-client is 5 minutes, so i guess we are dealing with minimum 1k downloaders! that's pretty impressive! if you are able to get 2-4MB/s this is a lot of work for your torrent client as well! eventually you can try to increase the maximum connects per torrent in your settings.
chong601

my settings are on the wild side (it crashes my uTorrent on 70+ MB/s upload rate....)
Topic Starter
freakkater
i don't know how to get an upload of more than 60MB/s at all... only my raid may be able to handle such a speed... but crazily i don't even have the internet upload to even test that properly
benjanyan
-
chong601

freakkater wrote:

i don't know how to get an upload of more than 60MB/s at all... only my raid may be able to handle such a speed... but crazily i don't even have the internet upload to even test that properly
mine is a RAID-backed 200 GB virtual hard disk on Xen (provided by the hosting company)
i also do regular disk defragmenting (and after any download) to maintain high speed reading/writing to hard disk
Topic Starter
freakkater

chong601 wrote:

freakkater wrote:

mine is a RAID-backed 200 GB virtual hard disk on Xen (provided by the hosting company)
i also do regular disk defragmenting (and after any download) to maintain high speed reading/writing to hard disk
so i guess a raid1-5-1 or similar... high speed and maximum security... nothing i could build up at home xDD
chong601
looks like these few days the number of users downloading using seedbox is going up...

it it goes on till my quota reaches 3.5 TB... i will tune down the upload speed till end of the month....
Imperf3kt
I'm doing what I can to help....
Kruzon
recently shit happens and lost all of my osu songs, glad this torrent exist. download is quite fast, going steady- thanks for this c: gw
Therieri
Hi! Thanks doing wonderful job like this! Just wondering that does these normal Beatmap Packs have all osu! ranked beatmaps to this date? Or is there known that some beatmaps are in these so I could download those one by one? Thanks!

Oh and if I want to download these packs as fast as possible should I download 1-100 ones first? Because those seemed to come faster than 1-300 one for me.

EDIT

Downloaded 1-100, 101-200 and 201-300 seperately and those came really fast! I also downloaded
SPOILER
osu! Beatmap Packs 0361 0370, osu! Beatmap Packs 0351 0360, osu! Beatmap Packs 0341 0350, osu! Beatmap Packs 0331 0340, osu! Beatmap Packs 0321-0330, osu! Beatmap Packs 0311-0320, osu! Beatmap Packs 0301-0310
and got all of these in 2-3 hours. I can't nothing but recommend using these torrents if you have at least few megabytes connection (mine is 100/10).

Only minus is that site was offline for one hour. Maybe because of heavy usage. But still... it was fixed pretty fast! Thanks mate doing this for us!
Topic Starter
freakkater
the downtime of my website (kater.selfhost.me) is due to a problem with the ISP and their DNS-Management. i wrote a script to update the DNS, updated it every 5 minutes and got blocked because of too many times of updates. i had to edit it down to 1 hour wait each update and the reconnect each day is working, but only if the site is not under actual use. theirfor it can depend on when it will go down. but main downtime (i sometimes install updates then) is beetween 5pm and 6pm CEST
Red Label
thank you for torrent, i was without maps and it helped me alot :)
chong601

Therieri wrote:

Hi! Thanks doing wonderful job like this! Just wondering that does these normal Beatmap Packs have all osu! ranked beatmaps to this date? Or is there known that some beatmaps are in these so I could download those one by one? Thanks!

Oh and if I want to download these packs as fast as possible should I download 1-100 ones first? Because those seemed to come faster than 1-300 one for me.

EDIT

Downloaded 1-100, 101-200 and 201-300 seperately and those came really fast! I also downloaded
SPOILER
osu! Beatmap Packs 0361 0370, osu! Beatmap Packs 0351 0360, osu! Beatmap Packs 0341 0350, osu! Beatmap Packs 0331 0340, osu! Beatmap Packs 0321-0330, osu! Beatmap Packs 0311-0320, osu! Beatmap Packs 0301-0310
and got all of these in 2-3 hours. I can't nothing but recommend using these torrents if you have at least few megabytes connection (mine is 100/10).

Only minus is that site was offline for one hour. Maybe because of heavy usage. But still... it was fixed pretty fast! Thanks mate doing this for us!
1-300 pack has been limited to 512KB/s to reduce the bandwidth usage (reaching 10+ MB/s at peak and will finish up my quota if left unattended)

I am currently seeding all beatmap packs 1-370 (all big packs+smaller packs for pack 300 and up)

I am able to provide up to 50 MB/s guaranteed and burst rate up to 100 MB/s depending on the hosting provider and the hard disk rate since I am currently using virtual dedicated servers so throughput is kinda lower than a dedicated.

Note!: My server quota has only 100 GB left so all torrents are capped at 512KB/s till the end of the month (since my quota gets reset every 30th day of the month

[Suzuya Juuzou] wrote:

thank you for torrent, i was without maps and it helped me alot :)
Great to hear that! Hope you can seed it back (within your capability ;) )
Therieri
Oh okey I understand. Well luckily it's almost end of month. But to be honest I'm sure I couldn't get those beatmaps from elsewhere so fast than here. So I don't anything bad to say of those speeds.

And once again thanks doing this. You have helped much people like. I'll seed packs which I downloaded always when I can.
Topic Starter
freakkater
cool thing° the more who upload, the faster it gets to download ;-)
chong601

Therieri wrote:

Oh okey I understand. Well luckily it's almost end of month. But to be honest I'm sure I couldn't get those beatmaps from elsewhere so fast than here. So I don't anything bad to say of those speeds.

And once again thanks doing this. You have helped much people like. I'll seed packs which I downloaded always when I can.
Well, it really depends on the seeders though (There's a lot of seedboxes afaik from my random clearing and redownloading). At a good day, you can get ~20-30 MB/s of download even if I am not seeding.

I do have a plan to swap my current VPS (unlimited bandwidth with 4 TB quota to 100Mbps upstream/downstream with unlimited quota in the nearest time [or at least after I have mastered on how to use linux properly D:]). But from my view, I think 4 TB a month is decently enough even with the increasing number of GBs per day (from average of 70 GB to 150 GB and sometimes 400+ GB a day). I will definitely seed the beatmap packs as long as I could if my current piggybank allow me to do so (its decreasing badly due to the TCO of the server currently at $25 a month). But probably with my new job secured, I might able to run it at least for a good one year or more.

(I actually want to put a donation link at my server but I just don't wanna people to share my burden ;) )
benjanyan
-
show more