1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings

show more
posted
I'll help :P
Server located in NetherLands


I'll leave everything I grab on there, pretty much until I decide to let the box expire.

Edit: Or rather, I would --- IF I could actually get the .torrent or the magnet link...
posted

Imperf3kt wrote:

I'll help :P
Server located in NetherLands


I'll leave everything I grab on there, pretty much until I decide to let the box expire.

Edit: Or rather, I would --- IF I could actually get the .torrent or the magnet link...

(Download speed is usually 900 Mbps but limited to 300 Mbps due to hard disk speed limitation)
posted
Since the beatmap-torrents are now well-seeded... i have stopped all seeding and now focusing on 1-330 extreme big packs till it have 100 seeds...
(I will seed back small torrents after i have done seeding packs 1-330
posted
:idea::arrow:Website of me now has all .torrent files and magnet links checked and working!
http://kater.selfhost.me/osutor.php
posted

freakkater wrote:

:idea: :arrow:Website of me now has all .torrent files and magnet links checked and working!
http://kater.selfhost.me/osutor.php
YAY :D
OT: more seeders for the extremely large beatmap torrents please....
posted
Once beatmap pack #370 comes out could you make a new torrent for 1-370, containing the original beatmap packs, and not a repackage into one file?

I know there's good intentions behind the 1-330, but packaging into one file is just a really awful idea for many reasons:
  1. It cuts your seeding pool in two. People using the old torrents can't seed from their files: they have to redownload everything again.
  2. People that downloaded from the site can't seed from those either.
  3. It wastes space when extracting, especially if it's a .rar just containing more .rar files.
  4. Users can't do anything until they have the whole huge file.
  5. Users can't set priority on packs they want sooner than others.
  6. Users can't select individual packs to download and seed, if they just want a few of them. This is especially important for people with bandwidth caps.
  7. Really, torrents are made to support multiple files, letting users select which they want to download and seed. This single file torrent is a huge step backwards and hurts both seeders and leechers in terms of availability, bandwidth, disk space, and downloading options.

If you switch to a single unified torrent, it'll eliminate the need for both the single file 1-330, and all the individual torrents for 1-100, 101-200, etc. You'll have all your seeders in one place, and users will be able to choose which packs they want to download and seed from in their own client.
posted

electrolytes wrote:

Once beatmap pack #370 comes out could you make a new torrent for 1-370, containing the original beatmap packs, and not a repackage into one file?

I know there's good intentions behind the 1-330, but packaging into one file is just a really awful idea for many reasons:
  1. It cuts your seeding pool in two. People using the old torrents can't seed from their files: they have to redownload everything again.
  2. People that downloaded from the site can't seed from those either.
  3. It wastes space when extracting, especially if it's a .rar just containing more .rar files.
  4. Users can't do anything until they have the whole huge file.
  5. Users can't set priority on packs they want sooner than others.
  6. Users can't select individual packs to download and seed, if they just want a few of them. This is especially important for people with bandwidth caps.
  7. Really, torrents are made to support multiple files, letting users select which they want to download and seed. This single file torrent is a huge step backwards and hurts both seeders and leechers in terms of availability, bandwidth, disk space, and downloading options.

If you switch to a single unified torrent, it'll eliminate the need for both the single file 1-330, and all the individual torrents for 1-100, 101-200, etc. You'll have all your seeders in one place, and users will be able to choose which packs they want to download and seed from in their own client.
I am actually preparing to do this which i plan for this style because i only get big beatmap packs first then smal packs thereafter:
1-100
101-200
201-300
301-310
311-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
(This will change when the 301-400 packs are available when all small beatmap packs will be consolidated into one big pack to make file management easier)

The reason I did not download small beatmap packs from 1-300 is because if i chose small packs, I can't seed big beatmap packs as big beatmap packs only have one folder and all 100 packs are in it. If i pack the torrent with big beatmap packs, others can point the small beatmap packs to the big packs in which when they do torrent recheck, i will check those files that are in it and ignores other files unrelated to the torrent.

Yeah the one big chunk of .rar files messed up my hard disk fragmentation due to the way I set my utorrent to use sparse files which makes a high fragmentation issue every time i downloaded the torrent (in which some seeders might experience a few upload influx due to me attempting to make defragmentation easier) and most of those seedbox and VDS/VPS user which i use have size limitations on their hard disk in which if we use these beatmap packs, it will be easier on our side too :)
posted

chong601 wrote:

electrolytes wrote:

Once beatmap pack #370 comes out could you make a new torrent for 1-370, containing the original beatmap packs, and not a repackage into one file?

I know there's good intentions behind the 1-330, but packaging into one file is just a really awful idea for many reasons:
  1. It cuts your seeding pool in two. People using the old torrents can't seed from their files: they have to redownload everything again.
  2. People that downloaded from the site can't seed from those either.
  3. It wastes space when extracting, especially if it's a .rar just containing more .rar files.
  4. Users can't do anything until they have the whole huge file.
  5. Users can't set priority on packs they want sooner than others.
  6. Users can't select individual packs to download and seed, if they just want a few of them. This is especially important for people with bandwidth caps.
  7. Really, torrents are made to support multiple files, letting users select which they want to download and seed. This single file torrent is a huge step backwards and hurts both seeders and leechers in terms of availability, bandwidth, disk space, and downloading options.

If you switch to a single unified torrent, it'll eliminate the need for both the single file 1-330, and all the individual torrents for 1-100, 101-200, etc. You'll have all your seeders in one place, and users will be able to choose which packs they want to download and seed from in their own client.
I am actually preparing to do this which i plan for this style because i only get big beatmap packs first then smal packs thereafter:
1-100
101-200
201-300
301-310
311-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
(This will change when the 301-400 packs are available when all small beatmap packs will be consolidated into one big pack to make file management easier)

The reason I did not download small beatmap packs from 1-300 is because if i chose small packs, I can't seed big beatmap packs as big beatmap packs only have one folder and all 100 packs are in it. If i pack the torrent with big beatmap packs, others can point the small beatmap packs to the big packs in which when they do torrent recheck, i will check those files that are in it and ignores other files unrelated to the torrent.

Yeah the one big chunk of .rar files messed up my hard disk fragmentation due to the way I set my utorrent to use sparse files which makes a high fragmentation issue every time i downloaded the torrent (in which some seeders might experience a few upload influx due to me attempting to make defragmentation easier) and most of those seedbox and VDS/VPS user which i use have size limitations on their hard disk in which if we use these beatmap packs, it will be easier on our side too :)
I hear it looks better.
posted
0361-0370, 0371-0380, 0381-0390, 0391-0400, 0000-0400 & 0301-0400 will become available as soon as the relevant packs are online.
:idea::arrow: i can make 50-packs if you want as well. even a monthly 0000-0xxx is thinkable but i don't know if the interest is high enough for those who want to download/upload. please leave me a PN if you are interested!
posted

freakkater wrote:

0361-0370, 0371-0380, 0381-0390, 0391-0400, 0000-0400 & 0301-0400 will become available as soon as the relevant packs are online.
:idea::arrow: i can make 50-packs if you want as well. even a monthly 0000-0xxx is thinkable but i don't know if the interest is high enough for those who want to download/upload. please leave me a PN if you are interested!
It's also a good way to divide the smaller.

However, Most people who download the old songs seem to be all at once.
posted

-[ Kami ]- wrote:

freakkater wrote:

0361-0370, 0371-0380, 0381-0390, 0391-0400, 0000-0400 & 0301-0400 will become available as soon as the relevant packs are online.
:idea::arrow: i can make 50-packs if you want as well. even a monthly 0000-0xxx is thinkable but i don't know if the interest is high enough for those who want to download/upload. please leave me a PN if you are interested!
It's also a good way to divide the smaller.

However, Most people who download the old songs seem to be all at once.
My recommendation: Continue the normal beatmap torrent making, just add the giant beatmap packs which include all big beatmap packs (100 packs) and then followed by small beatmap packs (eg if the giant beatmap packs reached 300, just add small beatmap packs after that (301-310, 311-320 and so on). If new giant beatmap packs released, just add the giant 1st).

tl;dr version of the above: prioritize the future extremely large beatmap packs this way: giant beatmap 1st then followed by small beatmap packs
posted
*working on 1-200, 1-300 torrent*
posted

freakkater wrote:

*working on 1-200, 1-300 torrent*
*waiting to be the 1st to grab it*
posted

chong601 wrote:

freakkater wrote:

*working on 1-200, 1-300 torrent*
*waiting to be the 1st to grab it*
osu! Beatmap Packs 0001-0200
Magnet | Torrent


*working on 1-300*
posted
osu! Beatmap Packs 0001-0300
Magnet | Torrent

osu! Beatmap Packs 0001-0200
Magnet | Torrent


*done, going to sleep now...*
posted
I love you. I'm on 100mbit down/50mbit up fibre and will seed for as long as i can.
posted
Due to some problems with my DNS-Provider i got bad news for now... my website is unreachable... woking on a fix, but that needs time...
DNS problems solved!
posted
Great :D

But there's one problem... It seemes that your webpage doesn't have the latest packs (looks like reverted back to the old versions) and the tracker stats is not available for viewing...
posted

chong601 wrote:

Great :D

But there's one problem... It seemes that your webpage doesn't have the latest packs (looks like reverted back to the old versions) and the tracker stats is not available for viewing...
i suppose you are using the old address (kater.selfhost.me/osutor) which i replaced with a single PHP. New link is http://kater.selfhost.me/osutor.php
//edit1: totally missed to change the description in the main article of this thread oopsy... now link is correct here as well...
posted
NEW TORRENT ONLINE!!!
osu! Beatmap Packs 0361-0370
Magnet | Torrent
show more
Please sign in to reply.