forum

coding language?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Beuto
so I have been getting into coding again and remember a little bit of javascript and was wondering if that actually was the right pick since its pretty hard for me to get into again so should I just switch the language im learning or start JS from scratch? and also which language was used to make osu? and is this the right forum to ask this? (and hi abraker)
Corne2Plum3
If you are a noob and you think that JS is hard I suggest to you to use Python: it's very popular nowdays and easy to use.

osu! is coded in C# by the way.
keremaru
code.org virgin vs python gigachad
Winnyace
try a different language, although JS is so popular, it's insane. it's used... practically everywhere nowadays. from websites, to many popular apps from Spotify to Discord to VSCode, so if you're into this for a job as well, perhaps stick to JS. otherwise, just try a different language. Rust is nice, in my opinion. Python is nice as well and I like C++ a ton, personally.
Kolmas
COBOL gets you a job
Winnyace
if you enjoy coding for governments and using ancient technology
abraker
JS is a mess of things. Libraries and frameworks built on top of each other, every web page needs to import 5 mb of the shit. We are at the point of pretending to code in another language like TypeScript and CoffeeScript just to make our lives easier dealing with it. I am waiting for the day something better will be created.
z0z
too lazy to actually do anything with programming
YyottaCat
You should probably have a resource library open at all times.
Lilyn
I haven't dived deep enough in JS to form a right opinion on it. I've only dabbled with discord.js and electron n stuff

JS is pretty popular and it won't hurt you staying a JS main. You can get a job with it.. also it has node.js, <3
But it wouldn't hurt learning another language.

I think C# is osu's programming language..
Manishh
I have dive into coding but didnt swim mich because cant swim

Its just depend on your goals. Every language have their own thing which they do better
Python is the easiest which i heard but never tried tho I am trying to learn C#
Lmited
JS is good but python is definentally easier to learn imo
YyottaCat
A lot of games use C# actually.
Manishh

YyottaCat wrote:

A lot of games use C# actually.
Because average pc game creater use unity and unity use C#

Not everyone can use unreal engine
Meah
i know all code
im expert hacker

Corne2Plum3

bambinex wrote:

assembly or nothing
reject modernity, embrace tradition
Ymir
html ╰( ̄ω ̄o)

easiest language
Corne2Plum3

Muiikko wrote:

html ╰( ̄ω ̄o)

easiest language
HTML isn't a programming language
Manishh

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Muiikko wrote:

html ╰( ̄ω ̄o)

easiest language
HTML isn't a programming language
HTML, as a markup language doesn't really “do” anything in the sense that a programming language does. HTML contains no programming logic. It doesn't have common conditional statements such as If/Else. ... This is because HTML is not a programming language
show more