forum

Started making beatmap for a song that's too long

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
defused bomb
So I decided to start making my first map today. It's a normal difficulty map on this song here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeQbLmDigZg and while in the middle of it my friend was like, You know this song is 5 minutes right? I never realized the song was so long and I doubt people would want to sit and play this for almost 5 whole minutes. As you can imagine from my first time, learning to do everything was really hard and it took me about 3 or 4 hours to get the first minute and a half done. Is there anyway I can get Osu to skip chunks of the song? I really only want it to be about 2 and a half to 3 minutes long as I feel the song can be quite repetitive and people might not want to sit down and play something with such a slow rhythm for that long.
Shohei Ohtani
um you can cut the mp3
Topic Starter
defused bomb

CDFA wrote:

um you can cut the mp3

my worry is I will not be able to put all the beats I already have on this map onto the other one exactly as I have them now. unless I can copy paste everything I've made so far
Topic Starter
defused bomb
Secondly, is the song really too long? Do you guys think people would enjoy playing this to completion? even if it was 4 minutes and 40 seconds long
UnderminE
As a first mapper it is better for you to start with short songs.

Cut the mp3, you can copy your elements by opening your diff in notepad (either File menu in editor or song folder) and copy Hitobjects and Hitsounds part.
Raiken-
Start with a short song if it's your first time making a Beatmap. Because If you use a long song, it'll be a bit more difficult than a short song. just saying.