1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. osu!mania
show more
posted

Bobbias wrote:

In LR2, I believe LNs work similarly to stepmania (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I think they require you to press in the beginning, but do not require lifting right at the end of the LN. I have no idea how releasing early works, or if repressing does anything in LR2, so someone who actually knows about LR2 will have to cover that.
In LR2, you are judged for timing the press as well as the release. You are judged once, I suppose based on a combination of your press/release timing. If you press too late or release too early, the LN is missed. Missed LNs cannot be repressed.

Bobbias wrote:

On the other hand, LNs in O2Jam are much harder than LR2 or o!m
I don't know too much about O2Jam, but I'm pretty sure LNs are equally hard in both games when ignoring timing windows. I'm also pretty sure LR2's timing windows for LNs are slightly harder, maybe depending on the song's timing difficulty.
posted
no LNs in o2jam are WAY harder

on HX you die within 34 misses even less with bads they remove more life than a miss and recover from almost ded to full life in like 1.5k combo around 50 combo for each miss depends on your cool rate. if you miss the starting point of a LN you receive 2 misses or you SPAM it you will get 1 bad 1 miss and die very very quickly in lr2 and osu you can pretty much spam you way thru a LN wall
posted
can I ask here?
how to read hard pattern (*4 or more) on 4k mode?
can you suggest me how to impruv that?
posted
keep playing a lot you will learn it by time
posted
What makes a player an advanced player?
I've been playing for about 1 year, and I can almost clear 7k 2nd dan on Osu!(95.2%), while clearing the 8th easy dan on LR2
I can do the 3rd dan of 4k in Osu!, and got 6 dan in the 4k LN dan in Osu!
I can play the patterns (somewhat) in the pattern list in the advanced category
But OFC I still cant do any ET maps except when half timed and/or with easy

SO does that make be an advanced player?
posted

dennischan wrote:

What makes a player an advanced player?
I've been playing for about 1 year, and I can almost clear 7k 2nd dan on Osu!(95.2%), while clearing the 8th easy dan on LR2
I can do the 3rd dan of 4k in Osu!, and got 6 dan in the 4k LN dan in Osu!
I can play the patterns (somewhat) in the pattern list in the advanced category
But OFC I still cant do any ET maps except when half timed and/or with easy

SO does that make be an advanced player?
Well first off all 'advanced player' is just some random bullshit title the author used to describe a category of players, it doesn't really have clear outlines.
Second of all, whether you think of yourself as an advanced player or not is entirely up to you, I like to set my bar high to push myself but if you think u have good basic knowlegde at the game with decent skill than sure.
posted

ReTLoM wrote:

no LNs in o2jam are WAY harder

on HX you die within 34 misses even less with bads they remove more life than a miss and recover from almost ded to full life in like 1.5k combo around 50 combo for each miss depends on your cool rate. if you miss the starting point of a LN you receive 2 misses or you SPAM it you will get 1 bad 1 miss and die very very quickly in lr2 and osu you can pretty much spam you way thru a LN wall
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know the specifics, but I knew that LNs were brutal because every time I go back and try to play O2 I think "wtf, how do you lose so much HP on a single LN".
posted
I think Jhlee0133 qualifies as ET LN player

Just look at this :

:o
posted
what does it mean by
Go in your xK.ini
does this mean I have to go into each separate .ini in my skins folder for the skin I use?. does that mean I have to keep redoing this on 5k and 6k.. ect.
posted

Space-Dandy wrote:

what does it mean by
Go in your xK.ini
does this mean I have to go into each separate .ini in my skins folder for the skin I use?. does that mean I have to keep redoing this on 5k and 6k.. ect.
just the key you want to change.
also, newer skin don't have those. they have it in the skin.ini instead.
posted
Okay now , ET is a not good solution to gain more pp , it's making developer sad and unhappy
posted
I know what is my problem... I can't focus on the screen and on the keyboard at the same time. It's an irony that i can full combo on other rhythm game's HARDEST DIFFICULTY (like llsif) and i can't even play an easy 4k on osu!mania :|:|
posted
I might've missed it, but what are Hands?
posted
3 notes at the same time
posted
This guide seems fairly interesting, however I'd like to give my insight on improving as an osu!mania player.

osu!mania is not an easy gamemode. In fact I'd argue it's got a pretty challenging learning curve, however this learning curve can easily be slimmed given how you practice. Mania has a lot of techniques, such as LNs, SVs, Jacks, streams, and more. Your goal as a mania player is to improve each of these skills over time. The good thing about the community is that they make a lot of practice maps so you can easily get specific practice in whenever you want!

An example of this would be my Galaxy Collapse pass. I couldn't hit the speedjacks to save me life, so I remembered my friend gave me a vibro practice map he made. I played it for a day or two before trying Galaxy Collapse again and I noticed significant improvement to my play!

I ended up passing it.

Also note one important thing: Always push yourself! If you think a play is just out of your reach, keep going for it until you succeed. I do that and it never fails.

One of the most important things to understand

Do NOT get into the habit of pausing! Always play stamina draining maps and do not pause during them. Pausing constantly reduces your stamina and your consistency! It's the worst habit you could get into
posted
i hope they make the score unranked as soon you press ESC
posted
helpful :D
posted
Hello ! First of all thanks a lot for your guide. I am a beginner and I want to improve at Osu!mania.
I play beatmap around from 2 to 3 stars, (4K) and 1 to 1.5 stars in 6K and 7K and I noticed few things :

I managed to end songs without any miss and still got something around 80% in my score. I guess it's because I don't hit the note perfectly, but I don't really know how to improve.

I got something like ~-25ms; + 30ms every time, sometimes it's -25+40 sometimes it's -50;+30 but the average is around ~-25ms ; +30ms.
I think I have to check my 4k.ini and do something with my HitPosition but I don"t really understand what to do.

Thanks :)
posted
In your options make sure you have your “score meter” setting set to “hit Accuracy”, then watch through some of your replays. Look at the bar at the bottom center. If you are hitting early it’ll be the left of center while if your hitting late it’ll be to the right of center.
posted

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

In your options make sure you have your “score meter” setting set to “hit Accuracy”, then watch through some of your replays. Look at the bar at the bottom center. If you are hitting early it’ll be the left of center while if your hitting late it’ll be to the right of center.
Ok I did that, and notice two different things :

First, in beatmaps I am good (~r90%+) I hit around the middle, in equal measure
Then, in beatmaps I am not good (below 90%), I hit more early.

Does that mean something ? Thanks :)
show more
Please sign in to reply.