1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. osu!mania
show more
posted
I don't really get the visual tune thing. I played a easy song 3 times with the sound off and the hidden mod on. I kind of see a pattern of a sort, but I'm not really sure where the xF.ini file is though... :?
posted

Shintsuka wrote:

I don't really get the visual tune thing. I played a easy song 3 times with the sound off and the hidden mod on. I kind of see a pattern of a sort, but I'm not really sure where the xF.ini file is though... :?
posted

iJXL wrote:

Shintsuka wrote:

I don't really get the visual tune thing. I played a easy song 3 times with the sound off and the hidden mod on. I kind of see a pattern of a sort, but I'm not really sure where the xF.ini file is though... :?
AH! So that's what it was! Thank you so much! :oops:
posted
You're welcome! I'm glad I was able to help :)
posted

iJXL wrote:

Shintsuka wrote:

I don't really get the visual tune thing. I played a easy song 3 times with the sound off and the hidden mod on. I kind of see a pattern of a sort, but I'm not really sure where the xF.ini file is though... :?
FYI the xK.ini config has been moved to skin.ini , the settings per keymode will be there inside the skin.ini
So if you want to edit xK.ini, edit the one that's in the skin.ini instead :D

CMIIW
posted
yeh um some if not all edits now to the k.inis arent working what you do is delete the inis and load up osu the key ones that is and it should create a skin.ini for u to edit
posted
Oh yes, I forgot about that. Thank you! :)
posted

WorldsWorst wrote:

Hey, I just read through this whole thread to see if anybody asked the same thing I was gonna ask, but I didn't seem to find anything like that, just the opposite.

Basically, this happened to me four or five times during my osu career (I play mania for about nine months now). In this rare instance, I get into these...states of mind and ability that I can beat songs that are MUCH harder than my usual skill cap and I get crazily better scores on my high scores if I play all my favorite songs when I get into that state.
Like, an example when I first had that...at that time my skill cap was that HD difficulty of Megistune 4k, and I couldn't even play MX diff without failing, but that one time where I got into the state, i FCed high scores on so many songs and got an A score on the Megistune MX difficulty I couldn't usually even pass!!!

On one side, I feel bad when I get into these states, because I literally rape al much high scores and the next day when that "state" ends, I'm back to my old skillcap and I feel like I don't deserve those newly obtained high scores

I should also mention that I was NOT under the influence of any drugs while in the states, they come completely random (same sleeping pattern, lifestyle, everything's the same)
Can anybody relate to this? I feel frustrated because of this because I play so well when it happens..and when it ends I'm just back to being at my usual skillcap..
this never came into my entire o2jam career. but that's probably just me instantly recognizing that "weird" feeling you got. Or I haven't reached your dilemma yet. because I'm still failing at Megitsune MX!!!!

edit: actually I passed. 81% accuracy T______T

honestly I don't even know myself what my "bottleneck" is. But if I have to guess, its my forearms hurting at bursts. my limit is 3.7 - 4.2 stars difficulty.
posted
I have little problem right now. I took a break from O!m for about 2 weeks and now all my skill is gone. I can barely get B on maps I could easily A on. I get 550k on maps I could get 750k on. I can't read patterns any more. Right now I play as good as I played five months ago. It's really frustrating. What should I do other than playing more?
posted
It took me a little time to get used to mania again after taking a break personally. Play as you usually play during like one week, you should get your skill back.
posted
Yeah. If you lost skill from a break, aka became "rusty", you'll have some re-training to do plain and simple. But at least you can assure yourself that the time span between your current level and the level you were will most likely be shorter than the first time around.

Breaks are also great for improving, once you reach the level you were at again, most the time you'll find yourself keeping that same improvement rate and improve well beyond that point. ^^

So yeah, I'm not aware of any magic tricks to give skills back... If you really want it back you'll have to work for it :p
posted

Drace wrote:

Yeah. If you lost skill from a break, aka became "rusty", you'll have some re-training to do plain and simple. But at least you can assure yourself that the time span between your current level and the level you were will most likely be shorter than the first time around.

Breaks are also great for improving, once you reach the level you were at again, most the time you'll find yourself keeping that same improvement and improve well beyond that point. ^^

So yeah, I'm not aware of any magic tricks to give skills back... If you really want it back you'll have to work for it :p
Yep, same experience here. Sometimes you can get lucky and come back from a break as good as you were before, but most times you come back rusty and have to spend a while regaining (and then passing) your old skill.
posted
Hi guys, I just want to know if there's a way to train finger speed. Because I can't stream fast in 4K (above 200 bpm). I can read the pattern but my fingers aren't fast enough to play it properly. I usually get around 85% on these songs, should I keep on pushing myself or is it better to start on lower bpm songs. Thank you :)
posted
Hm I've never really ran into finger speed problems. Seemed like my finger speed increased at the same rate as my reading did. Though if I were to recommend something I'd say play stuff way above your level (spam tier) here in there, it's what I used to do for stamina. Might show results for finger speed too.
posted
Hello, great guide, thanks a lot for creating it, I will come back here often! :) I'm new to osu!mania (like 1k retries), so I've got a question to you guys - is there any kind of exercise that can help me with my finger independence? (excluding playing ofc c: ) Also... I've got a problem with this pattern - any tips/good beatmaps to train it? :)
posted
Train your finger independence before trying to learn patterns. There isn't really any tips to train any pattern btw, just play it, that's all.
posted
Guys, I guess it's been more than 3 months that I'm stuck at 2~3 star 7k maps and can't improve.
I think I'm ok at normal notes patterns. I can pass Intersect Thunderbolt [Hard] without too much effort, but when it comes to LN "heavy" maps such as Wake up!, Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi and Fight 4 Real... I fail miserably. I can't even get more than 85% accuracy without my brain exploding in the process. lol

I know there's not much I can do besides playing more, but are LNs supposed to be this hard?
posted

gintoki147 wrote:

Guys, I guess it's been more than 3 months that I'm stuck at 2~3 star 7k maps and can't improve.
I think I'm ok at normal notes patterns. I can pass Intersect Thunderbolt [Hard] without too much effort, but when it comes to LN "heavy" maps such as Wake up!, Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi and Fight 4 Real... I fail miserably. I can't even get more than 85% accuracy without my brain exploding in the process. lol

I know there's not much I can do besides playing more, but are LNs supposed to be this hard?
Play more LN heavy maps. If you still find LNs hard, play even more LN heavy maps.
posted

gintoki147 wrote:

Guys, I guess it's been more than 3 months that I'm stuck at 2~3 star 7k maps and can't improve.
I think I'm ok at normal notes patterns. I can pass Intersect Thunderbolt [Hard] without too much effort, but when it comes to LN "heavy" maps such as Wake up!, Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi and Fight 4 Real... I fail miserably. I can't even get more than 85% accuracy without my brain exploding in the process. lol

I know there's not much I can do besides playing more, but are LNs supposed to be this hard?
The difficulty of reading LNs vary from people to people. As a BMS + gracenote + burst heavy + 1000 notes per second+ player, learning LNs personally was a painstalking process (took me 4 months to actually be able to read LNs like Sister's Noise Lv. 42 with a bad accuracy) unlike those who played o2jam. Don't worry, you'll get to the point where reading LNs are easier than they are for you as of the moment.
posted

edisk wrote:

Play more LN heavy maps. If you still find LNs hard, play even more LN heavy maps.
Sometimes the obvious answer is the one we need the most.
It's true that I've been avoiding LN maps hoping to magically do better the next time I play them, so I decided to focus on them for the time being. Thanks. :p

Lenfried- wrote:

The difficulty of reading LNs vary from people to people. As a BMS + gracenote + burst heavy + 1000 notes per second+ player, learning LNs personally was a painstalking process (took me 4 months to actually be able to read LNs like Sister's Noise Lv. 42 with a bad accuracy) unlike those who played o2jam. Don't worry, you'll get to the point where reading LNs are easier than they are for you as of the moment.
Glad to hear that.
I'll do my best then. Today I played lots of LN maps and it seems that I'm getting a little better already...
show more
Please sign in to reply.