1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. osu!mania
show more
posted
is there a best way to set up keys

Linear,diagonally or something like that?
posted
up to you, well...
posted

iGod wrote:

is there a best way to set up keys

Linear,diagonally or something like that?
There is no best way of setting up keys. It's all preferences. :)
posted
Even the most awkward of setups can workout in the end with a little work. Just use w/e you like ^^
posted
So I am at a point where I am trying to power through a wall, and the way that I am doing that is by playing 10 songs that are almost unplayable, but not quite, with "no fail" on. I am seeing improvement, but there are still moments when I have no idea what is happening. Will this method work for improving or am I going about it the wrong way.
posted

lolpoi wrote:

So I am at a point where I am trying to power through a wall, and the way that I am doing that is by playing 10 songs that are almost unplayable, but not quite, with "no fail" on. I am seeing improvement, but there are still moments when I have no idea what is happening. Will this method work for improving or am I going about it the wrong way.
If by nearly unplayable you mean that you spam most of the time and have no idea what's going on, you will probably not learn much from it. If it means you can read the notes to a certain degree but not quite hit them at the right time/with good accuracy then it'll probably work.

I try to play maps that I high C or get low B:s on to improve. :)
posted
What about songs that I get mid to high d on?
posted

lolpoi wrote:

What about songs that I get mid to high d on?
That probably means you're spamming like crazy and have no real idea what's going on, so I wouldn't play those songs. :)
posted
Thanks for the help.
posted
Play everything

-Try to SS songs you can FC
-Try to FC songs you can S
-Try to S songs you can A
-Try to A songs you can B
-Try to B songs you can C
-Try to C songs you can D

They'll all train diffrent aspects of skills and all of them will prove to be usefull in overall improvement.

Limiting yourself to a couple songs is a bad idea unless your goal is memorization.

And from my experiences, sticking in the same difficulty range results in slower and unstable improvements.

All in all, just play for fun with no real training mindset and it all happens naturally, mostly heh
posted
As newbie, I think it's good to focus on rough reading for a while, forget about accuracy. Go for D/C/B.
Once you're a few months in though and can clear some of the MX/Insane/etc songs (~lvl 25-35 o2jam level), I would focus on A/S/FC/SS (od8+), in my personal experience once you get to a certain level you have to start reading more accurately instead of just figuring out the rough shape of the patterns. Anything lower leads for me to bad habits. This may be a bit different for everyone though.
posted
Why doesn't the different keys mod work on some songs?

Like I will have the mod on 7k but the song will still be 4k
posted

iGod wrote:

Why doesn't the different keys mod work on some songs?

Like I will have the mod on 7k but the song will still be 4k
It's just how the certain map is made. Some will allow n-key, some won't. Just depends. If you are playing an auto-convert, those will always be able to be n-key.
posted
Only autoconverts can use key mods, mapped songs aren't compatible at all.
posted
Thanks a lot for the guide. Fine-tuning section finally solved my month-long accuracy problems :D
posted
where is the xK.ini file?
posted
Go to the 'Skins' folder in the osu! root directory (e.g. 'Program Files\osu!') and enter the folder of the skin you're using. If xk.ini files aren't present, you'll need to make them. The wiki has a few notes on the files: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!mania#Skin

I would point you to my skin's files as an example, but I haven't updated it yet. If you have any osu!mania skins, you could check the syntax of the xk.ini files - or copy them over to your current skin and modify them how you like.

EDIT: this guide looks seriously in-depth! t/203554
posted
Wow, that timing offset section made my life 159% better. Thank you so much for the tips, my accuracy isn't complete horse shit anymore.
posted
Thanks a bunch for the guide :oops:
posted
The only thing I've learned from this that I am still a beginner :(
show more