forum

[Archived] Beatmap folder sort issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
verkel
I've grouped beatmap packs into folders in my songs folder, like Beatmap Pack #1, Beatmap Pack #2 and so on. osu! used to sort these alphabetically when I select Group by: Folder. However in two most recent builds the folders appear in seemingly random order. Pressing F5 in the song select fixes the sort but only for duration of that osu! session. When I restart the game, folders are in random order again. Also the F5 re-indexing takes a while so as a workaround it's inconvenient.

Also if I rename a folder, osu! won't allow me to select anything that's in there. Instead it rebuilds the song index (after which I still can't select a song in such a folder). I tend to mark packs which I'm currently playing like Beatmap Pack #53 (X), but this bug prevents me to do this.
FurukawaPan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
FurukawaPan
bump. This issue still present in b709. Also, when I try to select a map which is in a folder that I renamed, the "Processing folder songs" screen appears, then it goes to "Cyclone" (the map, I mean http://osu.ppy.sh/s/286)

I understand osu! getting confused when I rename one of my beatmap pack folders, but why does the program always follow up by selecting this particular beatmap every time?
Topic Starter
verkel
Bump bump. I'd really like this to get fixed. :)
FurukawaPan
I sometimes feel like this is a ghost topic. It's been here the whole time, except nobody sees it. :cry:
Gemi
I can confirm this, the folders are still randomly sorted when you start the game. F5 fixes this for that play session.

Also, if I add a new sub folder with only osz2 files in it, the folder is not visible, not even after hitting f5. If I add a new folder with normal song folders in it then it becomes visible after hitting f5, but not before.

The renaming song folders issue is still present. If you create a new song folder, play songs in it, and then shut the game, rename the folder and return, the songs work well. BUT if you do this with a folder that has existed in your game for a longer time, renaming it results in the songs not working. The songs start working only when you rename the folder back to the old name. I have no clue what could cause this, but possibly old folders are stored somehow differently in the databalse. Or something.
Topic Starter
verkel
Mu-mu-multibump.
Topic Starter
verkel
Seems that deleting osu!.db will fix glitches caused by folder renaming.
Topic Starter
verkel
Bump... It'd be nice to get these fixed someday. The sort problem at least is kinda annoying as there's no permanent workaround for that.
Derekku
I believe peppy said that this will be completely fixed once osz2 is released, but for now, it's still buggy (obviously). I have the same problem a lot, too ._.;
jemhuntr
bump
peppy
Folder sort is still on hold until osz2 is completely implemented (where it already works correctly). It's just too much effort to make it work with the extracted beatmaps, especially when they are going to be extinct in the near future. Sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time, but I'm sure a bit longer won't hurt, considering how long this has been broken for.
jemhuntr
awww. okay. it's not much of a problem anyways :)