4. Stare at this indefinitely:

For reference:
  1. 5,100 beatmaps
  2. collection.db file is 4kb
  3. Windows 7
  4. Sitting in regular office chair
  5. It's night time
MillhioreF
I'm getting this, too. It seems to happen to users who have giant beatmap collections.
peppy
Does it animate? Does it eventually complete? How long does it take? Does it happen every time?
Topic Starter

peppy wrote:

Does it animate? Does it eventually complete? How long does it take? Does it happen every time?

It does animate and play the song from the beatmap that is playing on the main menu. It happened 3~ times (closed after it was taking too long), seems to go on forever, now I restarted and it opened my collection just fine. Took me a good 10 minutes, I think.
MillhioreF
It does indeed animate - I get a small freeze every couple of minutes as if it completed, but it continues processing. I've sat at this screen for 5 minutes now without completion, and it does happen every time. My osu!.db file is 22 MB, so that might have something to do with this.

Edit: My osu.db changes filesize every time I quit osu! from this screen.
TheVileOne
It didn't reprocess for me. I have 9900 beatmaps. My DB file is only 8.45 MBs. A poster in Millhiores other thread poses a plausible cause to this. You should investigate.
puddinglol
But should it have an error message for every single beatmap? Mine will not load a single one and has a pop up for every beatmap.
I only have a little under 800 maps.
The processing screen lasts however long I leave it (~15 minutes now after multiple restarts and forced update)
It is animate, but there is no music or anything because the menu screen has no beatmap song on.
peppy
What is the error message
_koinuri

puddinglol wrote:

But should it have an error message for every single beatmap? Mine will not load a single one and has a pop up for every beatmap.
I only have a little under 800 maps.
The processing screen lasts however long I leave it (~15 minutes now after multiple restarts and forced update)
It is animate, but there is no music or anything because the menu screen has no beatmap song on.
That's what I get too, everytime I open osu!/try to start playing osu!

Still trying to click through all the error messages, 8500 beatmaps ;-;

After I finish clicking all the errors, it brings me to the osu!direct for some reason.
puddinglol
The same happened to me exactly. I ended up reinstalling the game, but now all my scores are gone.
Well I guess it's worth it if the game works? Still I am not happy about this.
I backed up all my files beforehand.
peppy
Reinstalling is never a solution. Please run the updater and/or wait for fixes before reinstalling.
inf2012
same thing Reinstall and update helps , but all collections gone :=\
_koinuri
I guess I'll reinstall too then. Were you able to put all your beatmaps back in? I don't want to lose my collection of maps, and I have some unsubmitted maps that I would still like to work on too..

Will try updater first
peppy
Do not reinstall. For fucks sake.

Run the updater. Make sure you are on 20130801.3. Try again.
puddinglol
Yeah I ran the updater multiple times and I couldn't even open the game afterwards.
I found it was a program file causing a problem, but there's no way I could replace it without reinstalling to obtain the good files as opposed to the corrupt one.

The first thing I checked was the version number and it was correct, so that wasn't a problem.
_koinuri
I'm on 20130801.3 and I get different error for all of my beatmaps I have now.

peppy
couldn't open? what error? please provide actual details.
peppy

Loli -[Koinuri] wrote:

I'm on 20130801.3 and I get different error for all of my beatmaps I have now.

Please update again to 20130801.4.
_koinuri
It works perfectly now, thanks peppy!
MillhioreF
Fixed completely as of 20130801.4.
puddinglol
I did not have copy the details of the error, I apologize.
However with testing files, the error resided in the application file, and I had updated to .4.
Backed up files work and it is running okay. Scores are back.

From the little I read on the error when Osu! crash upon startup a file was not found, but I could not read before it disappear.
It is perfect, thank you for working to keep it running well !!