forum

[resolved] osu.db is deleted by the new build

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Explain the issue you are having:

I can't find osu.db anywhere in my osu! folder. There are no backups of it, either.

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

1. update to the latest build
2. ???

This causes osu! to get completely stuck when it tries to process beatmaps.
puddinglol
I just updated and now none of my beatmaps can process.
I am having the same error...
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
New update seems to have fixed this. Post again if you still encounter problems.
peppy
Make sure you are on b20130801.1 (check top-right of options) before reporting this as an issue.
Thatgooey
Found a bug and a fix, there is a map by val0108 called Yowane Haku - somethingsomethingotherlanguagesymbolshere , and inside that folder is another folder with the song and file being in that second folder. I took it out and put it on desktop and now my maps process just fine and go to the map of the song playing on the main menu again. Maybe has something to do with the song files not being in the right folder, I don't know. Maybe this helps, any map in your folder like this might cause same issue :X
peppy
Please zip a copy of this particular map structure and upload.
Thatgooey
Here is the upload of it http://puu.sh/3QPXV.rar

Processing hangs for like 30 seconds when this map is present, and always defaults to it. The song plays just fine in game, but causes processing problems.
TheVileOne
It seems to work fine for me on the latest public build. Can you confirm?
Thatgooey
Yup, works just fine now. Guess a second or third hotfix patch came out after I logged out, but it resolved this issue. Cool.