forum

How did you start rhythm gaming?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Inkling

Drace wrote:

Wow, bemani machines in america... I'd move there in a heart beat if it weren't for school

lucky lucky lukcy :o :o
The Super Arcade in socal that hosts Wednesday Night Fights on Twitch has IIDX and Pop n Music machines O:
Akihiro
Dancing Stage Euromix - 2000 (Yup I was 7 years old :) )
Guitar Hero II, then III - 2007
Stepmania - 2008 (both dancepad and Keyboard)
IIDX - 2009

and now I've played pretty much everything

Taiko, Project Diva, pop n' music, jubeat, Sound Voltex, ez2On, o2jam, djmax trilogy...
[ Demi ]
DDR 5th mix arcade and DDR super nova 2 since 2004 to 2012
Stepmania 2011 and 2012
Project diva on PSP 2013 to until now
osu mania 2013 to until now :) :D
Boomkin_old_1
played stepmania then found osu and played since then :)
Fullerene-
Stepmania: ~December 2012
osu!(mania): mid-February 2014
XK2238
I started my entire rhythm gaming since around 2005 when I was playing PIU (Zero, and I was still a little kid back then) when a kind, pro stranger saw me playing and then taught me how-to-rhythm. Been unconsciously pulled slowly deeper and deeper into the genre, and now... here I am.
jacwib
guitar hero:2008-2009
dj hero:2009-late 2009
Beats portable:spring 2013-now
Osu!Mania:somewhere inbetween-now
Stepmania:late 2013-now
Yellyfish
started Jamlegend (web based Guitar Hero styled rhythm game) around 4 - 5 years ago.
Joined osu!mania Jan 2013, been here ever since.
Karuta-_old_1
o2jam, at first I thought it was a kid's game but then later came to realize that it is way beyond what I see
Janioszek
Guitar Hero: World Tour 2009-2011
Osu!standard/FretsOnFire (started because my GH controller has broken) 2011-2012
Guitar Hero again 2012-2013
Osu!mania (the controller I have repaired has broken again and i smashed it on the wall) 2013-now

Occasionally I have been playing Rocksmith.
Greyusb
I was introduced to "Tap Tap Revenge" which is basically a 3k mania for iOS back in 2007...
Played that quite alot, and then I noticed this free game for my mac called "Frets on Fire"...
Played these two for about 3 years or so, and then I stumbled upon osu! in 2012, been playing until now :oops: still playing 4k only *cries*
projectc1
from o2 jam : i think from 2006 - 2009 (+ counting playing from official and private server)
guitar hero (only the first one) : 2006 / 2007 ?
osu!mania : apr2013 - now
ikzune
guitar hero, cant remem when but around the time it came out
2013 started playing super hexagon for a challenge, moved to touhou and now osu which i found osu mania to be a lot more enjoyable
Reba
i played o2jam for like 1 month and then i discovered osu a few years later
TyroneSama
Played DDR super-casually when I was younger, dabbled in Guitar Hero and Stepmania, found an ITG cab close to my school...it just kind of kept happening.
Jole
I started out with Guitar Hero 3 in 2007 and I kept buying all the newer versions and played them until 2013. I also got my hands on Rock Band 2 and DJ Hero in the meantime, but I didn't play those games nearly as much. Then in 2013 I found osu!mania and it didn't take too long to adjust from 5K only to 4,5,6 and 7K. And here in the spring of 2014 I started playing a little bit of stepmania and IIDX Tricoro.

I played Guitar Hero for so long because I never knew of anything else. Rhythm games are like an urban legend where I live
ggsnipess
Played some ddr on iphone (this is like when DDR still been outside of asia and was still going). Stopped for a while, got back into rhythm games with osu standard, then got onto FFR then onto stepmania. From there saw BMS, played extremely few songs (too damn hard for me). Now I just play osu mania + whatever is fun on ipad (CROSSxBEATS being one)
Valedict
Guitar Hero: 2006
Rock Band: 2007-2010
Hiatus (with occasional RB sessions here and there)
Osu! (Regular mode): 2013
Osu!mania and DJMAX : 2014

My rhythm gaming is limited as far as trying new games, but I'm branching out more nowadays. Probably gonna try o2jam or beatmania soon, and I recently got o2jam U on my phone which has been pretty fun for the most part. Bet it'd be better on an iPad though.
xasuma
I played guitar hero for about 4 years. (2008-2012) I think..

I miss it.. :(
-Sandy Corzeta-
2002 (1st year elementary school) : VOS (Virtual Orchestra Studio), probably this is the earliest Rhythm gaming that i know, loved the classic tracks like Hooked on Classic

2008 : Pump it Up 3 PC Emu and BeatUP Mania (StepMania fork for BeatUP Mania mode from Audition)

2012 : O2Mania and O2Jam

Late 2013 : osu!Mania