forum

Display hitsound icons with key

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +32
Topic Starter
K2J
The use of hitsounds is one of the harder concepts to grasp and mod in an editor, due to it being an audial concept that requires the user to play back or select a circle in order to know what sound it has, and thus is sometimes hard to pattern. For me, anyway...

So! I propose that when the user holds a key down in the editor (say, Ctrl), each hitcircle / slider end point / spinner center shows a small icon below it that indicates what hitsound(s) apply. Just a simple thing to get the visual affirmation, and I think this would help me make better patterns with my hitsounds.

This isn't a problem only for me, is it?

EDIT: Grammar.
LuigiHann
I'd like this too. It'd be extremely helpful.
Derekku
....oh god yes

I'm not sure how it would work on repeating sliders though. Maybe the little icon wouldn't show up on it until you're on the place on the timeline where the repeat is.

I dunno :X

+Support :D
Echo
I think this is a nice idea.
Gabi
agreed! support!

however maybe not (ctrl) since holding it down and scrolling would change the beat divisor.

Shift, capslock or Tab maybe?
YoshiKart
I was thinking of this. :P

How about... the icons show when you have Lock Notes on?
Hanyuu
Really good idea - support
Topic Starter
K2J

Gabi wrote:

however maybe not (ctrl) since holding it down and scrolling would change the beat divisor.

Shift, capslock or Tab maybe?
Like I said, it should only be for a moment or so, but maybe it could have a button next to the snaps as well. Alt lets you change the distance snap as well as quickly toggling DS itself, so I don't think having Ctrl mapped to the same thing as the beat divisor would be too much of a problem.

I was actually thinking about Caps Lock since it's used in, say, video editing software for quick toggles.
Lizbeth
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zerostarry
Support
Kitsunemimi
Hehe...? I didn't really have much of an initial reaction to this, but it should be useful.
Soaprman
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
Bump!
crystalsuicune
That's a good idea,very useful for taikomapping,
since with the current editor it's hard to visualize
the different don/katsu combinations.

Support! :)
Lissette
Support!!
LuigiHann
I knew somebody had suggested this before. Further supporting it for its usefulness to both taiko and non-taiko mappers.
Sushi
Support++
Sleep Powder
Kirby : Hitsound icons when the notes are locked sounds like a good idea.

Support~

This way its easier for people to make less mistakes with their hitsound patterns
Derekku
Bump :T
CheeseWarlock
This would be useful beyond belief, and I can't believe I haven't posted here yet. Support, because if hitsounds are truly an important aspect of a map we should be able to edit them easily. I bet some people have gotten lazy with their hitsounds just because there was no visualization for more than the selected notes.
mm201
Maybe if we hover over a hit object with nothing selected, the appropriate hitsound buttons would light up?

Weak support, since this is based around osu!'s current, limiting hitsound paradigm.
CheeseWarlock
I should post here every time I once again realize how useful this feature would be.
show more