forum

New user, highly addicted, but has question!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MoteOfDust
greetings everyone I am MoteOfDust, or Mote, or Marc, call me what you like. I have very quickly gotten addicted to osu, and have a couple questions concerning ranking, and particularly getting ranked.

How does one gain a ranking, the wiki has a vague explanation of PP, and gaining it, which thus in some way raises your rank. I however am unranked I assume since my profile shows no rank. Given I have only been playing for a couple days, so maybe I have to be a certain level, or you only gain rank on insane songs, or certain scores on certain songs, on 'insane' difficulty.

I am interested in learning SPECIFICALLY what one must do to get ranked, even if it is at the very bottom. I am trying to only play ranked songs, and trying to get to a level to play them respectably well on hard, and hopefully soon, insane.

thank you for all the help!
kazumi-san95
Hi there! Welcome to the forum! :)
Lust
Welcome to the community!

Hello! We are all welcoming here so there is no need to be shy, if you would like to add me to your friendslist, view my profile and hit add friend. If you haven't done so already, please take a look through the rules. You can talk about anything in particular (as long as its not spam) here. Need more information on osu? Check out our wiki which has a large wealth of knowledge! In addition if you encounter any issues and require technical support, do so here. I hope to see you around and if you have any questions feel free to PM me!

To get ranked, just keep playing and getting high scores. You can find more information on the PP system here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points
evanma
welcome homie marc, bout dat ranking. All you need to do is rank high on a song (once heard something like around top 600 or more, but its not exact and its forever expanding. so peppy dont flame me.), and depending on your rank and the level of the song you might get a little or a lot of pp, and then again you might get none if its too easy of a song.
Topic Starter
MoteOfDust
So, just keep playing and I'll get ranked naturally no matter what? If it's that easy that is a relief.

Thank you Mr. Side Pocket, i will add you, and hope to play with ya when I am much better some day ;D

EDIT - Thanks Evanma! I will make sure to work hard to hit that top 600(ish) bracket ;D
Knarf
Welcome to the forums!^^

Pratice is essential to get into rank 600+, but if you want to get a rank as soon as possible, try playing newly ranked maps.
The pp gained in new maps will not stablise, though.
mathexpert
welcome to the forums, and awesome avatar :P
Topic Starter
MoteOfDust
I'll definitely be practicing a ton to break the barrier ;D

@mathexpert - thanks haha
Chung
ppv2 might change things. apparently it will count all your scores towards performance. As of now though, just buckle up on that accuracy.
vizzy
Welcome to the forums. :)
Waraight
Hello and welcome to the forums! If your ever bored just hit me up in-game! *added*
Zalaria
First off, welcome to this highly highly addictive game ^^ *adds to friends* I too heard of a new pp system. I wonder what the changes will be.

Getting ranks will take a little bit of time when you first start off. Often times playing harder diffs will give more pp. (I started with easier diffs)

Welp, hope to see ya in-game soon! ^w^ (In florida on vacation currently xp)
Yunia Anindya
welcome! @ @
Birdy
Welcome, Marc! I hope you'll enjoy being stuck with us~
Raiken-
Welcome to the Forum, and Enjoy. It'll be interesting~