0.00%
Other
0.00%
What the fuck is an is tan?
28.57%
Total votes: 21
Topic Starter
AstralPhnx
I ONLY just found out about it and its just so freaking cool!! I mean its pretty much what an operating system would look like if it were an anime character!!! So freaking cool! Still what are your thoughts on os tans? Cool or just plain boring?
Apex_old
wut

At least introduce to us what is os-tan.
Jacqli
and give us some pics/videos please...
Shohei Ohtani

Pretty much this.

Except I believe there are versions where you can download them into your computer or something.
warwolfz

CDFA wrote:

Pretty much this.

Except I believe there are versions where you can download them into your computer or something.
that not an operation system
XPJ38
OS-tan by Wikipedia. Basically, they are anime-like personifications of operating systems, typically Windows, but it can also represent other systems like Xbox, Playstation, etc.

Each OS-tan has her own personality depending on the popularity / RAM consumption / stability / etc. of the systems. For example, Win ME is a boisterous little girl because the system is known to be unstable; the chest size if varying depending on the RAM consumption (yeah, that's subtle) so WinXP has the biggest one (OS-tans became popular approximately at this time when WinXP was the most recent system) ; and many other things.

That's a cool thing imo, cool and cute. The best one being Windows 7-tan :)
Rio-

XPJ38 wrote:

OS-tan by Wikipedia. Basically, they are anime-like personifications of operating systems, typically Windows, but it can also represent other systems like Xbox, Playstation, etc.
Which Means, They're The Anime-Styled Mascots of Windows OS?
Cropzy
Where is Gentoo, #!, Arch and Debian?
warwolfz

A group of OS-tans. Background, left (clockwise): Windows 98SE (in box), Windows 95, Symantec Antivirus (male), Windows 2000 (in front), Windows Server 2003 (fish outfit, with cat), Windows 98 (unusual form), Windows XP (holding skirt). Background, right: Windows 3.1, DOS (not their "official" os-tan). Foreground: Windows CE (fairy), Windows ME (levitated by CE).
dNextGen

Cropzy wrote:

Where is Gentoo, #!, Arch and Debian?
go be hipster somewhere else dude
Rio-

warwolfz wrote:

A group of OS-tans. Background, left (clockwise): Windows 98SE (in box), Windows 95, Symantec Antivirus (male), Windows 2000 (in front), Windows Server 2003 (fish outfit, with cat), Windows 98 (unusual form), Windows XP (holding skirt). Background, right: Windows 3.1, DOS (not their "official" os-tan). Foreground: Windows CE (fairy), Windows ME (levitated by CE).
You Forgot Them? I wonder If They're Official or Not...
UnderminE
Haha huge bobz and XP, too deep

Windows 8 must be flat, if you know what I mean
Apex_old
Your avatar is Win 8's mascot
UnderminE
Sadly win8 is not cool enough to be presented by glasses
winber1
they have finally realized that kawaii uguu twins are the best
Elisha_old
I think i no longer totally hate Vista-tan.
UnderminE
Vis-tan
Topic Starter
AstralPhnx
Also to do with ram consumption it's also shown by the os tans apitite. Xp tan is generally shown as one of those people who eats everything and everything whereas dos tan is more of a light eater (look it up on the os tan wiki)
mathexpert
Tuxtude, you should add a poll to this thread, I think it would be interesting~

Also microsoft is a genius for coming up with os-tans.
XPJ38

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Also microsoft is a genius for coming up with os-tans.
It didn't, OS-tans have been created way before Microsoft came up with its own.
Topic Starter
AstralPhnx
What kind of poll? As in whose your fav?
mathexpert
yep
Topic Starter
AstralPhnx

mathexpert9981 wrote:

yep
gotcha. Will do that now.

Edit: Done
Jacqli
where2download os-tan?
NotEvenDoomMusic

UnderminE wrote:

Sadly win8 is not cool enough to be presented by glasses
Ye, 2k-tan is only race of OS-tans.
she 2 cool for dis world.

my secret waifu and waffle.

Jacqli wrote:

where2download os-tan?
google images. euheuheuheuheheuheuheuheuheuheu-
no but there are those annoying popup thingies, maybe check that out.

I could slightly remember to had a vista one few years ago but then threw her away off my old laptop since she kinda was in my way whenever I had to do something.
NixXSkate

satriobp wrote:

Vista-tan and 8-tan look great, but i love XP-tan and 7-tan for who they are, nom sayin?
Nub1
I like 8 tan but i still use 7 lol :) still waiting win 8 to compatible with lot softwares
show more