What makes osu! so adictive for you?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Awoo-

Dumie wrote:

boat wrote:

You're all being brainwashed.

well, time to hunt down peppy now we know the truth.
But what if we can't handle the truth?
thelewa

Knickerus wrote:

Rhythm games get me the bitches
I second this
CsavarNat16

CDFA wrote:

please help
welp
Dumie
But what if we can't handle the truth?[/quote]

What if the truth can't handle us?
Magnolia

boat wrote:

best post ever
Rayz141
i love rhythm games. that's it.
jackisgone
Im competative..... just play to be better then people i know
Knarf

Rayz141 wrote:

i love rhythm games. that's it.
Tsukimi Luna
community....
Ideolo
The epic fails during gameplay.
MusicFan
The challenge. Smaller challenges like certain beatmaps, and larger ones like rank milestones.
Sapphiire_old_1
The Music , the Anime side of the game , and the community is just great :)
Ideolo
Clicking circles and hitting keyboards.
D33d
I love playing along to music almost as much as I love pretty patterns and making things. Unfortunately, it's very hard for me to find something which I enjoy for long enough, so my moments of playing and mapping are usually void-filling compulsions. The chat's pretty much another means to satisfying those compulsions.

I'll probably change my mind by the week's end.
Platinumsj

boat wrote:

I laughed so fucking hard at this!!!!
boat
It's true though and peppy is working for the nsa as well, they're monitoring your every step

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
#scandalous #setusfree #thanksobama
Keiti

SoG Tava wrote:

^

boat wrote:

uzzi
hinamizawan
smashing furiously a keyboard and weeaboo faggotry is a way of life
Naikaze

Shiroshu wrote:

My competitive mind.
Queen Chan

Gatyaa420 wrote:

Shiroshu wrote:

My competitive mind.
Professor Prinny
How easily it takes up my free time.
TiraMizsu
i love osu is because when i play insane beatmap which is damn fast for ppl who din play osu and they will say WTF HOW CAN U EVEN AIM IT AND DUN MISS this comment motivate me LOL erm if u wanna put it a easy way i love to show off!
South
Otaku....... everywhere........ i love it......
Justykanna
Lots of reasons!
The music selection is amazing... so many beatmaps and songs to choose from. Since I watch so much anime, a lot of my collection is from shows I've seen.
Of course, wanting to get continually better is part of playing so much too.
Not really osu! itself here, but I do love the community within the forums (for the most part) too.

Professor Prinny wrote:

How easily it takes up my free time.
That too. It can take up as little or as much time as you want (or in my case, however long I can play without making my arm go all sore D= ... )
Asagi Mutsuki
Because my psp broke and I can't play taiko on it anymore

SoG Tava wrote:

boat wrote:

It's true though and peppy is working for the nsa as well, they're monitoring your every step

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
#scandalous #setusfree #thanksobama
^
probably this too
Weed
To become the finger wrestling world champion that my father once was, I need immense training, to master the fingers within me. I shall become one with the finger. This game is perfect practice for that.
Dumie
The fact that there's always space to improve and it's not just a game where you spam an item or attack and you'll be able to pass. It requires real skill.
Of course, there's also some brainwashing and controlling behind the dark curtains.Oh this community is the best~

Did i mention how good the community is?
OzzyOzrock
the fact that there's an endless amount of songs i can play + the replayability of many of those songs

+ illuminati
r e i y a
It's extremely therapeutic, haha.
Rio-

Dumie wrote:

The fact that there's always space to improve and it's not just a game where you spam an item or attack and you'll be able to pass. It requires real skill.
And No chance of Cheating I guess...
Liiraye
I just like it when people play and appreciate maps I make. It's like what I love the most in this game. Ofc, I used to get heavy criticism at first but after 50+ maps or so you improve at least a bit I guess ._.
RaneFire

Dumie wrote:

The real skill in those other games is "staying awake."

For me though, I enjoy the concept of a game with no conceivable limit to what players can do. Every year, seeing games change because of the players is what makes them the most addictive for me and is also an inspiration to do better myself.
Kirachizu
Songs,awsome skins and no hacking.

+ its not a pay to win game,just skill x3
-Seren-
it's a music game with different game modes to play
EasyModeDX

Kirachizu wrote:

+ its not a pay to win game,just skill x3
pretty much this

then there is the fact that I enjoy really hard games and I love playing difficult beatmaps. Just as i'm getting tired of what i've been playing, a new beatmap comes around that puts my skills to the test

also, streams are addictive

Then there is the beatmap progression. I remember how primitive the beatmaps were when I started playing 2 years ago comparing to today, mappers always find better ways to map and, to make things even more interesting, within a limited framework consisting of spacing, AR, hit circles, spinners and sliders that has what, six years since the game's inception? Don't forget that you can still tell who made the beatmap just by playing it, so mappers all have their own way of doing things. Anyways, it's a hell of a formula, there aren't many f2p games that push my buttons so hard I end up playing it for 2 years.
Syrus
Like everyone said, it's a game of skill, not "Who has the better item wins"
yushe101
I'm not sure, I've gone through, twice in my year and a half playing, where I'd be inactive for three months then start back up in full swing. I just can't stop.

I do say it has a great selection of electonic music that's like freaking cocaine.
- Marco -

CDFA wrote:

please help
LOL i will use this as my profile page when i will have one

200 posts!
Elit3noob
Almost everyday updates of new released beatmaps
show more