forum

osu! Beatmapping Contest #4 Results

posted
Total Posts
show more
yurunneram
I will state my opinion on the low number of contestants

There is definitely enough beatmappers on Osu! to create a larger number than this. I don't think it was lack of notification as most active beatmappers are usually updated on the announcements. I believe the mapper choose not to take part. It's either they didn't like the songs, had their own maps to tend for, or anything else. Personally I did not participate as I thought that there would be too much competition, but turns out there wasn't. Really the way to fix this problem is to make the competition more attractive. At least give more time for submission as it's 3 diffs. And maybe there could be a link to the results of the previous year's results when you announce the next contest so people will get an idea of the standard they're facing ^^

But yea, that's all I got to say ._.
evanma
these mappers be dope
Legxis

Soaprman wrote:

Currently compiling oszs with all entries in them. Stand by!

Here they are! The numbers in each difficulty name are the score they received. That way you can sort them by that and play them in order from the zeros to the heros... or the other way around!

Infected Mushroom - Pink Nightmares
Kurosaki Maon - Fuss Fuzz
Tomoya Ohtani - Rooftop Run (classic)

Alright, so sorting by difficulty name doesn't seem to be a thing. It still shouldn't be hard to play them in score order though!
Thanks, I was going to do something like this, but it turns out I don't need to^^

I already played all Fuss songs, to see how other people mapped it, and in my heart, wcx19911123 took first place, fartownik and Lesjuh second and Xgor third =)

Concerning the rules, I think it is totally normal not to allow skins, storyboard or backgrounds. However, I don't think that applies for custom hitsounds. Because hitsounds have a direct effect on the map and are not only exterior or decoration. Some mapping styles might not sound good unless they have their special hitsounds. So I think that rule should be re-thought about.
Ruidoso
Congratulations to all!
zeroclover

Legxis wrote:

I already played all Fuss songs, to see how other people mapped it, and in my heart, wcx19911123 took first place, fartownik and Lesjuh second and Xgor third =)

fffffuuuu... im still 4th there D:
[Luanny]
There was enough time imo. Just some mappers decided to finish their maps in the last week.
Kert
You didn't participate, you can't tell.
Though the main problem was not the amount of time, but the exams and everything in June
[Luanny]
I know people who participated and I follow this thread.
Sieg
HODOR
Loctav

Kert wrote:

You didn't participate, you can't tell.
Though the main problem was not the amount of time, but the exams and everything in June
Exams are always. Exams are here in August, in other countries in July, in others in June, others in May, April, March, February, September, October (like I have exams in October, even if others do have them in August).

That's how it works and can never be avoided. I can't imagine any contest where no one hopped in and said "NOT THIS TIME, ITS EXAMS TIME" D:
Kert
In my view one possible way to partly avoid this is to make time interval before deadline around 1 month+week or 2 weeks more (like it was changed this time)
Exam sessions rarely last for a whole month, don't they? So even if most of the time is occupied, there still will be those spare weeks to finish the mapset
peppy
All prizes have been awarded. Congratulations again to the winners. Hope to run another one of these soon with bigger scale.
Tsukiro
Hooray for the winner!! :D
Kenny
Heheh last place, no surprises there. I never mapped before, and I never knew there was a distance snap. ^^ Time to practice! :D
eee
I am actually proud of the way my maps turned out. Although I do not recognize some (most) of the mappers, I feel pretty good as to where I ranked.
Congrats to all who participated, especially the winners (it was a no brainer Lesjuh would receive a high score, but Xgor seems to really improved as a mapper since I saw him last).

bmin11 wrote:

Entries wrote:

Gens, eee, Lesjuh
Why aren't you guys mapping regular maps?
The beatmap approval system wasn't working for me at the time. If you're really asking, I was about to make an entire paragraph of why I disapprove of the ranking system. Not really because of the BATs and mods, part of it was me being busy outside of osu! and the frequency of how much my pending maps actually got modded.

And lastly, I agree with Charles about the reason the submissions were quite low. It would be a good idea to have the community take part in the song suggestions (I think it was like that for a previous contest (?)), where users can vote or make suggestions for the song choices.
Kyoko watari
Good :)
Otosaka-Yu
恭喜哦
CrooZen_old
Nice Job , guys
Pelly_old
Gratz everyone! :)
deadbeat
the party is over guys :)