forum

Do you still enjoy the game?

posted
Total Posts
show more
qwt
I haven't played in almost a year now, I enjoyed the game at first, over time I exhausted all the enjoyment I could gain out of playing, and quit playing, so I began to only map, and that also became unenjoyable, now that I plan to come back to osu! soon, I can see myself enjoying it, a bit excited.

I never really cared for my rank or skill, I just played what I enjoyed, and even then, that got tiring.
Anti-Aqua
I turned into a trash can so I just accepted i suck at the game and now i play anything.
AmyRunes
As a relax player kinda Yes...
VOS Laika
i do enjoy it altought i had my fair share of wanting to stop everything because of how competitive people can be
Golden
I still enjoy this game, it's really fun.
Simon12
Sometimes
[j0shu4]
I feel like everything surrounding the game has ruined the game for me (the communities, the dev(s), the state of stable, the state of lazer, etc.) along with my decision to farm pp starting at 900k, which kinda led me to play offline for awhile. All I really do now is find maps I like and play them with NFSO. I also try to snipe my friend's scores to see if I'm improving at all. Sometimes its enjoyable, but sometimes I get randomly tilted and close the game.
acrawford69
I love this game. The community is meh, its a mixed bag whether someone is positive or toxic. I just play for fun these days, I'm pretty sure I'll never pass my peak and I'm ok with that.
Beuto
I had a lot of fun when I started out and I still do but playing this game almost every day can get pretty annoying sometimes but yeah I still enjoy it
Fall Mix
I do enjoy this game a lot and have been playing it for a year straight without any breaks whatsoever. osu! is a game and is meant to be enjoyed but some others make it feel like it is a chore when it is not.
Gemlo
I still enjoy the game but certainly not as much as when i first discovered it. i recently started going for difficult passes and im finding a lot of fun in that
Dilly_P
No, I used to be addicted to this game, literally would do nothing but play it, wouldn’t even have fun playing it. It felt like a chore to play it, yet for some reason I still would waste hours after hours playing it 🥱. Thankfully I changed my habits and I’m now thriving HAHHAHSJDJDNDNND
Even when I come back to play this game I do not enjoy it
ikugoi
Still find the game fun but now getting into genshin again... the cycle will never end.
Neigdoig
I've not played in a while. I've kinda gotten away from that quite a bit, but I'm still active on the forms.
DxmineTheSour
Back when I first started, it felt amazing to play, still does. Although now that i'm trying to improve more, it can be a tad bit stressful sometimes, but overall still definitely enjoyable.
NekoTowel
I've left standard, because I can no longer play as well... but mostly because breaking a combo becoming too stressful (as well as life becoming more busy), and in mania, I enjoy mapping more since I cannot always give my best while doing 4k/7k, and it does feel frustrating when seeing 2 local scores from 2 weeks ago being better than what I just set.
Jagdblume
Been playing for a year, and I do still enjoy the game (playing and mapping). In terms of playing, I enjoy playing different mods. When I first started I would always play hidden for some reason, later on I learned how to play flashlight and half-time mainly because they weren't as popular as the other mods (Despite how uncommon people play FL and HT these are probably my favourite mods in std). In terms of mapping, a lot of songs I like aren't mapped in osu yet so I've been practicing how to map and it's been very fun so far.
Jrdem
Discovering and playing variety of maps especially bangers are what make me really enjoy this game.
ShaggyKrakatoa
yep, and don't think i'll ever not enjoy it. a lot of my enjoyment comes from improvement and the grind.
NotRaffi
stopped farming and started playing good songs, it's fun
meemimayuri
Not really, the rank reset keeps pushing me lower and lower and it discourages me so much even though I know it shouldn't, numbers are just numbers and whatnot.

So I changed my main mode from standard to taiko. Too bad there's a lot less maps and converts with this mode are awful, at least from what I tried.
OsuWCF20
Not totally but still enjoying for making my beatmaps with my favorite songs and play by myself.
I just only listen and play passional songs from Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan Series and Japanese classic songs. I'm not gonna say all songs are great, personal favorable stuffs cannot be forced to change.

Try not think about leaderboard or ranking, purely enjoying your only favorite songs is not a bad idea.
Neigdoig

OsuWCF20 wrote:

Not totally but still enjoying for making my beatmaps with my favorite songs and play by myself.
I just only listen and play passional songs from Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan Series and Japanese classic songs. I'm not gonna say all songs are great, personal favorable stuffs cannot be forced to change.

Try not think about leaderboard or ranking, purely enjoying your only favorite songs is not a bad idea.
I actually do the same thing, although it's mostly Featured Artists and Hololive songs (covers and originals). | 私は実際に同じことをします, それは主に注目のアーティストやホロリブの曲ですが (カバーやオリジナル).
ekorolkarz
Tbh I still kinda do enjoy the game despite being bad at it. Tho i must say that this game made my fingers a hand biceps which is completaly funny x)
Topic Starter
Manishh
nope i dont after 30min of playing
Kolmas

The Indian Guy wrote:

nope i dont after 30min of playing
same bro
nico-
i still play tear rain and my love cuz theyre such good songs, yes i still enjoy the game, its wrong to assume that people that play for improvement cannot enjoy the game, improvement is enjoyment to them
Patatitta

king hammer wrote:

i still play tear rain and my love cuz theyre such good songs, yes i still enjoy the game, its wrong to assume that people that play for improvement cannot enjoy the game, improvement is enjoyment to them
some people do play because they're addicted and dont enjoy the game tho, that's a reality, also even if you like improvement, if you dislike the training, I dont think it's worth it to play

for me, yeah, I still enjoy the game
atsuko0
yes :) osu is fun
supsatan
Corne2Plum3
yes
cod3
no not really
Scyla
Yes
Serenalav
No, I still chat on the forums though.
-Serenalav
- Marco -
yep
EdCvX
yes, pretty much enjoying playing the game by playing everyday and improving and getting out of 6 digits :D
jumbosoup
no
advu_
Yeah, if I didn't I'd have left by now