forum

Sudden "Failed" status after finishing a map [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nathanael
Explain the issue you are having:
This is the first time I've experienced this...
When I played on multiplayer for the first time ( once opened osu! ), I suddenly got the "Failed" status after the song ended.

At the beginning, I got a lag from the hitscores on the left. Of course some notes were missed there.
( I got this lag because I just started playing multiplayer at the current session. So the hitscores are still loaded from that time )

At the middle, I began raising my place to the 1st. Then after the last note, I suddenly got the "Failed" status unexpectedly...

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:
I've got no idea if it is reproducible or not.

Similar/Duplicate Threads:
Osu! Insta-Fail Bug ( /w Video ) ( Posted by Lokovodo )
Problem with some songs ( Posted by Dany94 )
Failing at the end, even with HP bar full ( Posted by osu_gangster )
Songs randomly failing at the very end with full HP bar ( Posted by Sephibro )
Getting SS/Passing map with enough HP and still failing ( Posted by Piotrekol )
Instant loss at the end of maps? ( Posted by mockingod )

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
As you can see on this screenshot of the results, I have the top score and the "Failed" status.
Its VERY impossible for that result to fail it. Specially I haven't used any mods. The proof should be also the performance graph..

* Added mockingod's thread (collecting similar threads for more info about this weird bug).
Scorpiour
confirmed.

but since it only occurs after you revive i put it in low priority first
MillhioreF
How is this confirmed? What triggers it?
Scorpiour

MillhioreF wrote:

How is this confirmed? What triggers it?
met same case when i mp... several die -> revive in a game (app map) and after the last spinner a suddenly death occurs
Nines
If this was supposed to have been fixed by one of the more recent updates, it hasn't. I can confirm that it still happens.
MillhioreF
I still can't replicate this personally, but I guess it does happen from time to time. Maybe I don't play enough multi.
Topic Starter
Nathanael
I can't also replicate it again when I'm at multiplayer. I think this occurs by chance.

Edit:
I experienced this again but it suddenly returned from normal.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to screenshot it because it changed less than a second. ._.
Rori Vidi Veni
rhtrhthrterhrtehrhreh
astelios
There is a friend having this issue too in single player.
Aposke
I can confirm having this issue in single player as well. Just now, it happened for me on this map after getting 91.55%. It may possibly have had to do with missing the very last note.
Nines
This happened to me in singleplayer about a month ago. I remember it because I experimented a little with it. After failing, if you watch the replay by doing F1, at the end of the song it still goes to the 'results' screen as if it hadn't failed, but the score doesn't get uploaded anyways.
MillhioreF
I've now had this happen exactly once; it seems to have been caused by severe system lag. Going to be really hard to replicate reliably.
Topic Starter
Nathanael
I don't know if this is possible but it can be a lead.
While this lag occurs, notes/sliders might stack just like the on the 2B maps on IOSYS - Endless Tewi-ma Park.
bialapanda_DELETED
Happens to me all the time and is very easy to replicate. All I have to do is to play osu for more than 2 hours and then suddenly on every map i play since then it says failed at the end even if i got SS on it. Of course score isn't saved.

When i restart computer I can play normally for another 2-3 hours and it happens again. It is visible that it is going to be this way after the score values for the hits don't appear at all While playing the map, even when I know i've hit all 300's.

I recently started to put my PC in and out of the sleep mode for five seconds and it seems to work.
Koruny
I'm having the same problem. I was playing this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/357966 beatmap. I was about to fc it, had around 93% accuracy, max combo and full hp. When i approached the last spinner, getting 11k on that. Then my hp suddenly drops from 100 to 0. The map was already over, there were no notes left. It counted as fail. This happens every time i play this map, regardless if it is a fc or not. Later, the same happened with this http://osu.ppy.sh/b/315010 beatmap.
Those are the only 2 i've encountered so far. The other maps work as they should.

Video i recorded later. Not the initial play, but the result is the same https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMki-eCBKfY

This also happens with NF turned on
Tanzureir
Actually this one can be replicate rather easily by trying this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/246410
Try the Tewi 2B diff. Even if you reach the end with full HP, a sudden fail is sure to happen. With NoFail mod on, the game will get stuck at the empty screen, and all one can do is just return to main menu.

The cause is somewhat different from the severe system lag problem, but symptoms are the same. :? Hope this is not causing confusion.
Topic Starter
Nathanael
Piotrekol
idk if anyone still cares but it still is happening for me(and I'm getting it on Qualified map(and all previous that I mentioned in my thread)- https://osu.ppy.sh/b/418211 , got extra combo at the end(max is 512) https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1780616 )
SuperKagE_old
Bara-
I probably know a reason why, it just happened to me, and I say what happened:
Play a map
Get to the end, score doesn't matter
Hope that the game will lag in the final part, like last 1-2 sec
you should fail in this part, but after the lag is over, you still have full bar, and you can take on the last seconds, with nearly full hp.
Then after you hit the final object, you'll fail ;-;
MillhioreF
I've looked into this, and discovered that it happens when hit objects are entirely skipped over due to excessive lag. Allowing the map to be passed in this state would cause all kinds of problems with inconsistent scores, so this isn't such an easy one to fix, unfortunately.
Kunagi7
Same here: p/3302847
Maybe lag happens more because I play on a VM (Windows 7 Ultimate, 3 Cores and 3GB assigned, 2D and 3D acceleration enabled).
glitchdetector
I'll add this video into here, plus some extra info as this has happened twice today for me. (Restart has been done in-between)

So I played the map like normal, and it failed me after the last slider was finished. (Or rather at the precise end of it)
The video is a recording (cut) of the replay shown by pressing F1 after failing.
It shows the map being completed, not failing.

One thing to note is that I appear to get a combo of 282x, which appears to be one more than the maximum possible combo for the map. (All 50 people on global list has 281x)
It also slightly looks like the 282th combo comes from something after the slider. (Not quite sure)

I did not experience any lag when this happened either times.
waddlesticks
Since I made a separate topic due to thinking it was more relevant like that (since most people were stating single player wise) I'll post it in here in stead so the other topic can get removed.

Problem Details: So whilst playing this song with two friends (Normal difficulty)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/179353&m=0 - Rohi - Kodoku Egoism

Every time we get to the end off the song, it will auto fail. We didn't have this issue till the recent update.
When you finish the last slider (also the last note for the difficulty)
It makes the failed noise and returns to the multiplayer lobby.

So for this we had 3 people in total playing tag co-op.
It didn't happen on any other songs we played.

It only though, happened in tag co-op.

EDIT: Another song that does it at the end.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/92509 - senya - Kanjou Chemistry

We were playing normal with hard rock

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Unable to supply a video due to program not working and it happening a little to fast for the screenshot.

osu! version: 20141122 (latest)

Now the latest on this, today we all tried the songs we had a problem with in singleplayer, no problem at all.
Tried again with multiplayer and the problem came back.
So we tried it with pairing (only two of the three connected at the one time, rotating around)
Still had the problem.

If somebody is able to check it for themselves to see if they have the same issue?

Also I should note that we also have hamachi, so if anybody else here has hamachi running on their computer.
This "could" be the issue.
dionzz99
so... using No-Fail to prevent fail. and then i stuck in the end forever unless i use esc. seems we can't get any score..
polka
I've got this issue, too. After a very long song too ;w;
Mitsuhide
While playing multiplayer today, I got the same issue, and I've recorded it. It's like there are a ton of invisible hitobjects at the end of the map going crazy.
Seems to appear on any map we've actually managed to finish.

(skip to 0:30 to see the bug in action)

build 20141122
lemonadejuice_old
I got this bug too sometimes but not so frequent (so i don't really bothered with it, despite mild annoyance) but dont know if it's only happened on me, but it's getting more frequent. Is there's anything to prevent this?
Vanilla
1/4 of my plays are like this
peppy
do sumthing
HaHaBear
Frc
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYwO9x8lMsc
[/url]
still happening
Damnae
Try pressing F2 on the score screen to export the replay when it happens, and upload it somewhere. Videos of it aren't very useful.
Slider S
Just happened to me 2 times in one hour today, not in multiplayer, farming solo and at the end of the last spinner, my HP bar fall to 0
bialapanda_DELETED
happens to me all the time while playing tag coop
Jackabobora
happens on auto on beatmap Space Invaders (mode: osu catch)