forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Penguin

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

It's quite easy to see why, and it's not biology. I just mean under ideal conditions, all else being equal including the level of autonomy/responsibility of the mothers and all environmental factors like a stupid, probably abusive father who really doesn't want to have a kid with a 15yo removed.
First of all, you're incorrect in saying it's not biology. Yes, It also has to do with the fact that teenagers are less likely to get the correct prenatal care when they are pregnant, along with other hardships, but there is also a biological aspect to it. Under equal and ideal situations, teenage pregnancies are still more at risk than ones in their 20's.

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

it is interesting that you still go on to condemn ephebophilia as 'disgusting' when it's just human nature nothing more. Simple attraction of any kind shouldn't illicit such a response, and then when you watch a few documentaries realize most actual offenders aren't explicitly attracted to minors but are in it for the power play/to do something taboo you might start to have a more open mind about, well, the human psyche.
Sorry, I should've clarified that it's the "acting out" portion that is disgusting and illegal. I understand that some people can't control their thoughts and attractions to certain things, but if they cannot control their actions and don't realize that what they are doing is immoral, then it is a serious issue. Also, sexual offenders who are "in it for the power play" are just as disgusting, if not more disgusting. Men who have that interest are doing it because younger females are "naive" and easier to take advantage of.

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

but I agree, when the attraction goes far enough that it is a hindrance to ones ability to live a normal life and/or is acted upon, not simply when the natural attraction exists in the first place, it is a good idea to seek help or just turn yourself in, because this is the actual medical definition of a pedophile not the buzzword version where you might get a stiffy from a pic of a 15-17 yr old who looks like a young woman by all counts and be outcasted for nothing.
"pedophilia noun
pe·do·phil·ia | \ ˌpe-də-ˈfi-lē-ə, ˌpē- \
Definition of pedophilia
: sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object"

I might have misread the way you structured your sentence, but it's not only when the perversions are acted upon. I do agree though that pedophilia is thought of and used inappropriately a lot of the times, which creates a skewed perception for people that are uneducated in such facets.

B1rd wrote:

"Mid-to-late adolescents usually have physical characteristics near (or, in some cases, identical) to that of fully-grown adults; psychiatrist and sexologist Fred Berlin states that most men can find persons in this age group sexually attractive, but that "of course, that doesn't mean they're going to act on it. Some men who become involved with teenagers may not have a particular disorder. Opportunity and other factors may have contributed to their behaving in the way they do".[3] According to psychologist and sexologist James Cantor, it is "very common for regular men to be attracted to 18-year-olds or 20-year-olds. It's not unusual for a typical 16-year-old to be attractive to many men and the younger we go the fewer and fewer men are attracted to that age group."[11]"
I was mistaken with the "disease" aspect of it, and that is a pretty harsh word I used. Ephebophilia and even Hebephilia are not classified as psychiatric disorders. I should've been clearer that I was mostly addressing the fact that pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder.

My point still remains with the sociocultural and moral development. I should specify some more. Sure, it's not abnormal for an initial brief attraction to an adolescent who is close to full maturity around the age of 15 or so. But if you are attracted to a minor, realizing that it is a minor, and you don't see how it is wrong to CONTINUE to be attracted to said minor after the initial "attraction" phase when you first see them, then it's an issue. Being completely fine with being attracted to minors and not suppressing the feeling is disgusting.

B1rd wrote:

Just because men moderate themselves because of social pressure, doesn't mean that the fundamental attraction doesn't remain. I'm sure of the social pressure were to differ, many men would takes wives from 15 years old.
Sociocultural evolutions exist for a reason.
abraker

Penguin wrote:

Being completely fine with being attracted to minors and not suppressing the feeling is disgusting.
all things considered, humans are quite disgusting creatures in general. We try, but many don't give a shit.
Meah
Filthy pigs
Westonini
thank god I'm a cowboy and not a human
abraker
wait, how does a cowboy come to be?
Westonini
sugar, spice, eveything nice, cowboy hat, revolver. you know, the usual stuff.
abraker

Apparently sacrifice done via revolver also works but you need a certain amount or it won't work.
Penguin
But Professor abraker accidentally added an EXTRA INGREDIENT to the concoction.... CHEMICAL X.
Vuelo Eluko
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/pedophilia
"sexual perversion" does not just refer simply to attraction, even the google definition which isn't very useful nor is it the medical definition doesn't make that claim. It's a pretty common thing but no one talks about it, and did you know a lot of women experience sexual pleasure when breastfeeding? The body is just like that. There should be no shame in it.
Penguin

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/pedophilia
"sexual perversion" does not just refer simply to attraction, even the google definition which isn't very useful nor is it the medical definition doesn't make that claim.
This is what is said about DIAGNOSING pedophilia.
"According to the DSM-5, in order for pedophilia to be diagnosed clinically, such thoughts and behaviours must cause distress or interpersonal hardship to the affected individual or cause distress, injury, or death to persons who are unwilling or unable to consent to sexual behaviors."

Meanwhile, pedophilia is defined as "a sexual perversion in which children are the preferred sexual object"

There's a difference between definitions and diagnoses. I don't really understand your statement though, so let me respond to the other way that I interpreted it; I never said that perversions only refers to the attraction.

"perversion noun
per·ver·sion | \ pər-ˈvər-zhən, -shən\
Definition of perversion
1 : the action of perverting : the condition of being perverted
2 : a perverted form
especially : an aberrant sexual practice or interest especially when habitual"

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

It's a pretty common thing but no one talks about it, and did you know a lot of women experience sexual pleasure when breastfeeding? The body is just like that. There should be no shame in it.
There should be no shame in being sexually attracted to prepubescent children??? Are you serious?? I am so confused as to what point you're trying to get across. Just so you know, we are talking about "pedophilia." The attraction to PREPUBESCENT children. B1rd and I were mostly talking about people's attraction towards postpubescent teens, and how it is sometimes unavoidable. As long as you realize that it's not okay and try and suppress those feelings, you'll be fine. There is nothing natural about being attracted to prepubescent children. That's why it's classified as a Psychiatric disorder.

Also, did you really just compare breastfeeding to pedophilia? When women get stimulation from breastfeeding, it's because women's breasts/nipples are an erogenous zone. Not because they are sexually attracted to the baby. Don't compare the two.

source
https://www.britannica.com/topic/pedophilia
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16913283
Vuelo Eluko
even from the get go i said medical definition, i don't care what the dictionary thinks because that definition doesn't govern how the world works.

The point of the comparison was that there are things no one talks about because they think it's wrong or bad but it actually isn't, and that's what I'm getting at. If you have an attraction to kids that you don't act upon that is fine, if you get a little wet from breastfeeding again that is fine. I am not saying they are comparable in what they are just in stigma.

i deal in absolute morality, something may be immoral only if it results in the harm of another person. That means drawings, feelings, and thoughts can never be immoral. One may also never commit a crime in a vacuum, meaning stuff like suicide and drugs should not be illegal either as far as I see it.
Penguin
okay, well by that logic, the medical definition of pedophilia wouldn't matter either. They are the exact same definition.
Vuelo Eluko
whatever you need to tell yourself to feel like you've won something
Penguin
All I have to say is try to write more clearly when responding. I have no clue what you're trying to say half the time.
Vuelo Eluko
It seems there is a language barrier, then. We can pick this up again when you have studied the language more.
abraker

Penguin wrote:

All I have to say is try to write more clearly when responding. I have no clue what you're trying to say half the time.
If you complain about clarity, b1rd is going to give you a very rough time lol.
Jazz
wow
Penguin
Where's sil? I thought he wanted to take part in this discussion lmao
Aiseca
Walled posts became common here for some reason ah~~
Meah
I've never lost in a debate
silmarilen
hi jazz
silmarilen

Penguin wrote:

Where's sil? I thought he wanted to take part in this discussion lmao
i rarely check this place lol
B1rd

abraker wrote:

Penguin wrote:

If you complain about clarity, b1rd is going to give you a very rough time lol.
:roll:

You mean I'll give you a hard time if you fail to be clear.
abraker

B1rd wrote:

You mean I'll give you a hard time if you fail to be clear.
I typically find you having different definitions for various things than what I am used to. As a result it's easy to loose clarity.
Penguin
So far I am able to comprehend everything B1rd says. Riince sometimes doesn't give much context with what he's saying, nor does he explain himself well.
Jazz

silmarilen wrote:

hi jazz

Hi sil
johnmedina999
Oh, I mistook you for "Razz" and I got excited.

Nevermind then.
Penguin
Jazz is one of my favorite music genres. osu needs more jazz
johnmedina999
It's kinda hard to map Jazz in osu tho. There's a 7K map with Bossa Nova which isn't jazz but it's still nice.

https://old.ppy.sh/b/1205546
Penguin
Too bad I only play 4K. I'm trying to map some of Dave Brubeck's stuff at the moment. The hardest part is timing properly. Sometimes the quartet is good at keeping tempo, but other times it's chaos.
Birdy
modern jazz fusion exists though and it tends to be pretty constant with the tempo. check out some stuff like fox capture plan and bohemianvoodoo, that stuff could be mapped easily.
DeletedUser_6709840
my neck hurts
abraker
does this have anything to do with me?
DeletedUser_6709840

abraker wrote:

does this have anything to do with me?

Naw

Rip, im out of coffee now
Sosteneshion
can we take a moment to appreciate this? 🍑
Westonini