forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd
Feels good to have my comment featured in the newspaper again. MFW I'm taking my political shitposting to a national level.
DaddyCoolVipper
Strictly speaking, all online shitposting is shitposting at an international level.
B1rd
>mfw people complain about the holocaust

If the Jews didn't like the nazis then they should have just moved to Somalia. They voluntarily accepted the condition of being genocided by staying in Germany.
BrokenArrow
7.5k posts and this is by far the most retarded thing you've ever said, congratulations I thought you couldn't get much worse than this
B1rd
>German doesn't understand satire

I'm curious as to what other things I've said that are so bad.
Aurani

BrokenArrow wrote:

7.5k posts and this is by far the most retarded thing you've ever said, congratulations I thought you couldn't get much worse than this
You're actually surprised? lol
Green Platinum

B1rd wrote:

>German doesn't understand satire.
Your comment wasn't even satirical though.
B1rd

Green Platinum wrote:

B1rd wrote:

>German doesn't understand satire.
Your comment wasn't even satirical though.
Yes it was. It was a satirical reductio ad absurdum argument against people who try to justify government actions by saying you can just leave.

Generally I base by posts on the idea that people are smart enough to understand some subtlety and will realise that if an argument is stupid and illogical, it's not meant to be taken seriously, even if they are ignorant of the topic of the post in question. So I don't dumb down my posts by explaining everything in literal terms.
B1rd
And in this case, there is plenty of context to understand what I'm talking about. Just looked at the two previous posts.
B1rd
Anyway, to change the subject away from politics.

Having a cold shower was a cool experience. It's autumn at the moment, and I just turned the cold water on full blast and hopped under. It really provokes and extreme physiological response, and after a minute or two the water actually feels warm. Having cold showers is supposed to have a lot of health benefits and it feels great, so I can see why the Scandinavians do ice bathing.
abraker

B1rd wrote:

Having a cold shower was a cool experience. It's autumn at the moment, and I just turned the cold water on full blast and hopped under. It really provokes and extreme physiological response, and after a minute or two the water actually feels warm. Having cold showers is supposed to have a lot of health benefits and it feels great, so I can see why the Scandinavians do ice bathing.
thinking about it makes me cold. Idk, don't think it's for me. On the contrary, I like hot baths.
B1rd
They both have their merits. However I've always been the coldest getting out of a hot shower in a cold morning. When you take a cold shower it make you cold for the first 15-30 seconds, but then your body starts to heat up a lot to compensate. Or at least it feels like it does.
keremaru
cold water used to feel good when i was younger
then i turned into a mainland american and started using hot water
but then the downside of that was that i was used to being in hot water that the air felt cold
so really cold water is the best water

..now go take a bath in a waterfall
DaddyCoolVipper
Yeah cold showers are apparently really good for you. Too spooky for me though, I like my shower time to be comfortable
Naimae
Hi, sorry I'm late

Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
B1rd

citremi wrote:

Hi, sorry I'm late

Allow me to play devil's advocate here for a moment. For all intents and purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a dime a dozen, true virtues are a blessing in disguise. We often put our false morality on a pedestal like a bunch of prima donnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granted. So I ask of you to muster up all the strength you can because it is a dog-eat-dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge chip on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kitchen sink, and even though you are having a field day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sixth sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blind eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero tolerence when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around goes around, and when supply and demand fails you will be the first to go.

Mark my words, when you get down to brass tacks it doesn't take rocket scientist to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who wears the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through trial and error but I swear on my mother's maiden name that when you put the pedal to the medal you will pass with flying colours like it’s a piece of cake.
Fixed.
DaddyCoolVipper
Thank you birb
Meah
johnmedina999
Holy shit bird you didn't have to edit that whole post it's a copypasta wtf

Also, you messed up on "pedal to the medal" (it's metal).

Anyway, this whole discussion reminds me of the time Aurani admitted to bathing in the open air in a waterfall or something. Said he liked to feel the wind on his cheeks.
Green Platinum
I've seen medal, metal and mettle for that saying.
Aurani

johnmedina999 wrote:

Anyway, this whole discussion reminds me of the time Aurani admitted to bathing in the open air in a waterfall or something. Said he liked to feel the wind on his cheeks.
What's wrong with that? Not a single person can see you and it's beautiful on 40 degrees with that lovely breeze hitting your body as the water embraces you.
Pure Heaven
Milkshake
Reminds me of that one time my retarded roommate started washing her dishes using the hot water as I showered, the water turned ice-cold.
Truly a challenging experience, the challenging part being trying to not lose my fucking shit at her. It literally says above our apartment's sink "is someone showering? don't use the water here!"
VinZentVanDough

Milkshake wrote:

Reminds me of that one time my retarded roommate started washing her dishes using the hot water as I showered, the water turned ice-cold.
Truly a challenging experience, the challenging part being trying to not lose my fucking shit at her. It literally says above our apartment's sink "is someone showering? don't use the water here!"

People that never follow the rules smh
Comfy Slippers
Let's go boys and girls! It's politi-test time!

https://8values.github.io
http://www.politiscales.net/en_US

B1rd
Respect women property rights.

The second one is way too convoluted.
ColdTooth

I think the first one is also.. kinda misleading. I don't even consider myself a liberal, but this site thinks I am, even though I'm not.
Comfy Slippers
You can try
https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Still think that this one is relatively biased
B1rd
That test is quite bad. An I don't see how Coldtooth isn't a Liberal, according to the bastardised American definition, considering the results on his political test.
Jordan
h
ColdTooth

B1rd wrote:

That test is quite bad. An I don't see how Coldtooth isn't a Liberal, according to the bastardised American definition, considering the results on his political test.
DaddyCoolVipper
The 8values test sucks, within the first 10 questions there were 2 that stuck out as being insanely subjective
B1rd
Almost like political opinions are subjective.
johnmedina999
I'm going to post mine because I'm bored.

DaddyCoolVipper

B1rd wrote:

Nah, what I mean is, for example:

"Maintaining a balanced budget is more important than ensuring the welfare of all citizens."

I believe that maintaining a balanced budget is part of what ensures the welfare of all citizens, since economy doing good = more money for welfare, infrastructure, etc. So how can I honestly answer this question?
Comfy Slippers

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

The 8values test sucks, within the first 10 questions there were 2 that stuck out as being insanely subjective
The combination of these 2 (politiscales and 8values) is the best you can do as far as online political tests go.They aren't perfect by any means, but they do give a solid insight.

My only concern here is that I see myself more as a pragmatist rather than a populist.
Green Platinum
When does agree become a strongly agree is my issue with those tests.
Aurani

ColdTooth wrote:

I think the first one is also.. kinda misleading. I don't even consider myself a liberal, but this site thinks I am, even though I'm not.
It's almost as if online tests don't mean anything and are just for fun
B1rd

johnmedina999 wrote:

I'm going to post mine because I'm bored.

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Nah, what I mean is, for example:

"Maintaining a balanced budget is more important than ensuring the welfare of all citizens."

I believe that maintaining a balanced budget is part of what ensures the welfare of all citizens, since economy doing good = more money for welfare, infrastructure, etc. So how can I honestly answer this question?
You're just being too particular about the framing of the question. You should just ask yourself whether you are okay with putting the country into debt to fund social programmes as labour is prone to do.
E m i

rate
Naimae
[quote="B1rd"]is this the fabled radical centrist
show more