forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Railey2
A good thing about the new forum design is that it's actually more space-efficient than the old design when you're viewing a thread. Then they instantly ruin that again by making the design much less space-efficient when you view a subforum. And the absolute kicker? They are getting rid of thread pages. Hands down the single most retarded design choice ever made, instant dealbreaker. Do you guys know one freakin forum that doesn't use thread pages? I surely don't.

That's it for me. Time to retire and go back to the MAL forums. Fucking stupid. I really had faith in the development team to make this good, but apparently it's design > functionality to them. Too bad.
DaddyCoolVipper
Holy fuck, threads have no pages???

This is the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time, wow
Green Platinum

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

There are pros and cons.

Railey2 wrote:

That's it for me. Time to retire and go back to the MAL forums.
Something I should have done years ago lol. The clubs they have probably skips a ton of the hassle and bullshit here.
Zain Sugieres
its been pretty clear for a long while that the dev team doesnt care about off topic subforums and only cares about mapping/tournament/help subforums and in that case the lack or pages will not change much
DaddyCoolVipper

Green Platinum wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

There are pros and cons.

Can you list them?
Railey2
It just fucks the sites functionality, makes it infinitely harder to browse through long threads. It also takes longer to load and you can accidentally trigger it by scrolling up too high, which is super dumb.

If you load too much shit, it becomes disorienting you lose your sense of where you are exactly in the thread pretty quickly, because the site you're on changes its length all the time. Try loading a bigger chunk of a thread and go back and forth a bit, it's not fun at all. You know why that never happens with thread pages? Because they're all the same length, and it's a length that you can take in without any trouble. 15 posts per page. Always. You can also easily tell how far back you went just by looking at the pagenumber.

With the new design though? Who the fuck knows. It's a mess. The best you can do is using the postnumber to navigate, but that's just super awkward in longer threads.

The only upside I can see is that you can load longer parts of conversations all at once, but that's not enough of an advantage to make up for all the shit we'd have to deal with if this garbage design gets forced on us.

Green Platinum wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

That's it for me. Time to retire and go back to the MAL forums.
Something I should have done years ago lol. The clubs they have probably skips a ton of the hassle and bullshit here.
MAL Clubs are great. Now if only they didn't die out so quickly..
E m i
i hate when there's no contrast in something

and this? you don't just do this, the palette is so random there is no internal satisfaction associated with looking at the ranks
DaddyCoolVipper
Protest method: Making a new thread every single time it reaches 15-30 posts to keep the threads readable
_handholding

Zain Sugieres wrote:

its been pretty clear for a long while that the dev team doesnt care about off topic subforums and only cares about mapping/tournament/help subforums and in that case the lack or pages will not change much
What? Ofc it would have an impact in those places, why wouldn't it?

I pretty much agree with Railey overall. The dev team do care more about the design than the functionality of the users, especially as it doesn't affect them. The same happened with the new modding process with beatmaps where are lot of feedback/opinions (that aren't good ones) fall on deaf ears
Aurani
It's almost as if the devs of this place are shit. Hmmmmm :^)
BrokenArrow
Have any of you actually tried to send feedback to peppy or link him this thread? I'm pretty sure noone cares about the forums as much as OT does, so it might be a good idea to let him know. He said the new website will never be a finished product, so maybe he's willing to listen (especially concerning the infinite scrolling feature)
Tupsu
not only does tuuba still have thread pages, it also has selections for how many posts you have per page (´・ω・`)

also less weebs
https://forums.tuuba.moe/

I'm having a ball with this casual promotional astrtoturfing thing I sure hope nothing goes wrong with it
Endaris

BrokenArrow wrote:

Have any of you actually tried to send feedback to peppy or link him this thread? I'm pretty sure noone cares about the forums as much as OT does, so it might be a good idea to let him know. He said the new website will never be a finished product, so maybe he's willing to listen (especially concerning the infinite scrolling feature)
Especially concerning the infinite scrolling feature he's definitely not willing to listen.
BrokenArrow
I mean I know he has been very stubborn in the past but lately he seems to care more about what the community (i.e. reddit) thinks, so who knows dude
Hika

Aurani wrote:

Hika wrote:

I’m sorry. You’re very right in this situation :p
Look who finally noticed me! :p
To be fair, you didn’t reply back to me.
abraker

Endaris wrote:

BrokenArrow wrote:

Especially concerning the infinite scrolling feature he's definitely not willing to listen.
Infinite scrolling did get a bit better, but still not like pages. Going by post enumeration instead of sets of 15 is weird.
Zain Sugieres

Kisses wrote:

Zain Sugieres wrote:

What? Ofc it would have an impact in those places, why wouldn't it?

I pretty much agree with Railey overall. The dev team do care more about the design than the functionality of the users, especially as it doesn't affect them. The same happened with the new modding process with beatmaps where are lot of feedback/opinions (that aren't good ones) fall on deaf ears
well what I meant was those subforums wouldnt be affected as much, I dont think map threads often exceed 10 pages or smth and in off topic subforums u see threads that are 50-100 pages long and more
_handholding

BrokenArrow wrote:

I mean I know he has been very stubborn in the past but lately he seems to care more about what the community (i.e. reddit) thinks, so who knows dude
>December 19th 2017

Mara

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Protest method: Making a new thread every single time it reaches 15-30 posts to keep the threads readable
Oh my god, this is an excellent idea. 15 posts per thread, let's go.

Well, at least Tuuba Forums might become active again once the new layout gets forced.
Railey2

BrokenArrow wrote:

Have any of you actually tried to send feedback to peppy or link him this thread?
Hah.

Idk if you were there for it, but remember what happened when Granger gave a perfectly valid, long and detailed post about unused space in the new forum design? Remember peppy's reaction?
t/376031/start=30

no thanks. Peppy is a manchild. Let him have his shitty design. Time to move on.

SPOILER
Also, peppy openly admitted to taking bribes to "look into peoples appeals". £60 for unban anyone? The staff has zero integrity. I expect nothing from them.

And besides, it's only gonna be the heavy users that are really unhappy with the new designs. They care most about functionality, after all. Everyone else? They'll love looking at something shiny and neat, probably won't even mind the infinite scrolling cancer, because they're not spending that much time on here either way.
So peppy will keep hearing from that group that the design is good, and guess who he's gonna listen to.

The design will work for the majority, so in that sense it is not a bad design. It's just really bad for us, sadly.
Aurani

Hika wrote:

To be fair, you didn’t reply back to me.
???????????
Reply back to you? What? Do show me, as I'm 100% sure I replied to you...
abraker

Railey2 wrote:

Idk if you were there for it, but remember what happened when Granger gave a perfectly valid, long and detailed post about unused space in the new forum design? Remember peppy's reaction?
t/376031/start=30
we needed to yell louder than ppy. smack him with a bratwurst while at it too
Green Platinum

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Can you list them?
-Last post on a page is no longer relegated.
-Less downtime reading through a thread.
-I actually think it is faster to scroll through to find a post if you are not sure how long ago it happened. (Although search is a thing)

Railey2 wrote:

Also, peppy openly admitted to taking bribes to "look into peoples appeals". £60 for unban anyone? The staff has zero integrity. I expect nothing from them
How much does 100 pp cost?
abraker

Green Platinum wrote:

How much does 100 pp cost?
50 kudosu at the current exchange rate

And in case someone asks, unban costs about 2 years of supporter at the current exchange rate
Zain Sugieres
depends on the booster of your choice
Green Platinum

Zain Sugieres wrote:

depends on the booster of your choice
I'm talking buying directly from the pepster himself. Having no integrity and all.
Railey2
boost me zain
B1rd

BrokenArrow wrote:

I've tried giving peppy feedback... his responses usually amount to something along the lines of "fuck you, I do what I like". Last time I wrote up an in-depth critique of score-v2, but the thread was deleted quite quickly.

Green Platinum wrote:

Whoever is modding Otaku Culture now just shadow removes everything. As somebody who desperately wants that sub-forum to change this is depressing.
Fuck the mods and fuck how this forum is operated.
lo and behold, the archetypal forum moderator, these type of people are everywhere. It's stupid really, a lot of people have no discipline or self-respect and jump at the opportunity to engage in a sort of hierarchical power play even if it's something as inconsequential as a forum.

OT is good for the most part, with it being left to its own devices most of the time. Though it seems that's set to change with the new forum design. I wouldn't recommend going to Tuuba though, it's the same deal of intolerable personalities wielding moderator power.
abraker

B1rd wrote:

I've tried giving peppy feedback... his responses usually amount to something along the lines of "fuck you, I do what I like". Last time I wrote up an in-depth critique of score-v2, but the thread was deleted quite quickly.
but score-v2 won't be used, so we win anyway?

B1rd wrote:

OT is good for the most part, with it being left to its own devices most of the time. Though it seems that's set to change with the new forum design. I wouldn't recommend going to Tuuba though, it's the same deal of intolerable personalities wielding moderator power.
people like being edgy and push boundaries then cry about it. It becomes a joke when people complain no action is being taken "where are mods? what they are doing?", while it is a hellscape of decision making for the mods themselves. People just have different standards and thresholds. Can't satisfy all of them. This is coming from my experience being the ot!neus discord admin, not really has anything to do with tuuba, but may be applicable.
Aurani
I mean of course you'd support anarchy (despite clear evidence of it being complete shit here) than some form of authority and order.
This place was a hundred times more active and lively when the kiddies didn't have the balls to post shitty threads about suicide or some other equally meaningless thing because they feared being shunned by the regulars and molested by the mod.

Won't comment on your Tuuba thing since it's clear that at this point it's far too late for you to realise anything.
Green Platinum
I only care about the rules being enforced consistently. If I take some of these edits seriously; calling yourself a snob is offensive language and saying thicc anime girls is sexual content.

It's basically club penguin.
E m i

B1rd wrote:

I've tried giving peppy feedback... his responses usually amount to something along the lines of "fuck you, I do what I like". Last time I wrote up an in-depth critique of score-v2, but the thread was deleted quite quickly..
Maybe peppy is just overshooting backwards a bit when trying to fit in with the osu teenagers yes? Surely he's a nice guy or something in reality, deep inside, or something like that.
Tupsu

B1rd wrote:

I wouldn't recommend going to Tuuba though, it's the same deal of intolerable personalities wielding moderator power.
I mean, Mara can be a bit of an egg sometimes, but I've not had any issues with Brian beforehand?

Momi wrote:

B1rd wrote:

I've tried giving peppy feedback... his responses usually amount to something along the lines of "fuck you, I do what I like". Last time I wrote up an in-depth critique of score-v2, but the thread was deleted quite quickly..
Maybe peppy is just overshooting backwards a bit when trying to fit in with the osu teenagers yes? Surely he's a nice guy or something in reality, deep inside, or something like that.
well you can try to keep shutting your eyes at his blatant transphobia, bullying of community members and blatant ignorance of what the community actually wants, but I have a feeling it won't work forever
_handholding

Momi wrote:

B1rd wrote:

honestly I think he just has an very little opinion of anyone that opposes his ideas, anyone without qualifications or of a status
E m i

Tupsu wrote:

Momi wrote:

well you can try to keep shutting your eyes at his blatant transphobia, bullying of community members and blatant ignorance of what the community actually wants, but I have a feeling it won't work forever
I was like 1% serious, hopefully that's an appropriate amount

Kisses wrote:

Momi wrote:

honestly I think he just has an very little opinion of anyone that opposes his ideas, anyone without qualifications or of a status
wouldn't that just be more childish? not actually caring but still managing to flip out and act mad.
Mara

Tupsu wrote:

I mean, Mara can be a bit of an egg sometimes
How is that related to Tuuba though? I understand where you are coming from with that and I don't deny it. I haven't done any moderation in Tuuba however.
Tupsu

Mara wrote:

Tupsu wrote:

I mean, Mara can be a bit of an egg sometimes
How is that related to Tuuba though? I understand where you are coming from with that and I don't deny it. I haven't done any moderation in Tuuba however.
it's because you're a moderator and bird mentioned people with moderator powers, so I gave my personal honest opinion about your suitability to moderatorship
when the memes are too next level, not even the people involved understand them
Aurani
Let's be honest here, Mara is a Nazi, but the kind of harmless Nazi you'd want to keep around.
Mara
But I can only moderate Mafia forum. :cry: Your memes are too advanced here.
E m i

Aurani wrote:

Let's be honest here, Mara is a Nazi, but the kind of harmless Nazi you'd want to keep around.
sounds good :D
show more