forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Seph
everyone on the internet is a psychiatrist!

damn, i wish i just didnt take up BS psych and just stayed on the internet for a long time
abraker

Seph wrote:

damn, i wish i just didnt take up BS psych and just stayed on the internet for a long time
live long enough to numb the suffering
Meah

Seph wrote:

i am not a psychiatrist but a psycho
silmarilen
Oh right, my account was 8 years old yesterday.
Hika
let’s sit down and think about what we’ve said here
abraker
psycho
Naimae
saikou
Milkshake

silmarilen wrote:

DJ Enetro wrote:

When you say autism, do you mean the 6th Urban Dictionary definition?
use this link for reference
Most definitely, considering who you're talking to.
that's rich coming from you
Aurani

Hika wrote:

Thinking is more than certain people are capable of, though. That's very insensitive! :p
Green Platinum
Whoever is modding Otaku Culture now just shadow removes everything. As somebody who desperately wants that sub-forum to change this is depressing.
Fuck the mods and fuck how this forum is operated.
silmarilen

Milkshake wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Most definitely, considering who you're talking to.
I'm not the one calling others autistic online.
_handholding
quite a lot of people in this thread seem to have vast knowledge of autism, to the point where they can diagnose someone on the spot; amazing!

Seph wrote:

ah shit, you made the joke before me :(
Seph

Kisses wrote:

ah shit, you made the joke before me :(
hey thats where we are good right?

M I N D R E A D I N G
Nessuka
Just smoke some DMT, sort yourselves out.
Hika

Aurani wrote:

Hika wrote:

Thinking is more than certain people are capable of, though. That's very insensitive! :p
I’m sorry. You’re very right in this situation :p
Hika

Nessuka wrote:

Do not fuck with this shit it isn’t fucking cool I almost died
Nessuka

Hika wrote:

Nessuka wrote:

Do not fuck with this shit it isn’t fucking cool I almost died
Then you missed the good bit. :(
DaddyCoolVipper

Milkshake wrote:

Aurani

Hika wrote:

Look who finally noticed me! :p
Tupsu
well the header bar changed from 'preview' to 'switch' so
Mara
Welp, it was nice seein' you all in this old forum layout.
abraker
10 seconds 'till mindnight
Railey2
A good thing about the new forum design is that it's actually more space-efficient than the old design when you're viewing a thread. Then they instantly ruin that again by making the design much less space-efficient when you view a subforum. And the absolute kicker? They are getting rid of thread pages. Hands down the single most retarded design choice ever made, instant dealbreaker. Do you guys know one freakin forum that doesn't use thread pages? I surely don't.

That's it for me. Time to retire and go back to the MAL forums. Fucking stupid. I really had faith in the development team to make this good, but apparently it's design > functionality to them. Too bad.
DaddyCoolVipper
Holy fuck, threads have no pages???

This is the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time, wow
Green Platinum

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

There are pros and cons.

Railey2 wrote:

That's it for me. Time to retire and go back to the MAL forums.
Something I should have done years ago lol. The clubs they have probably skips a ton of the hassle and bullshit here.
Zain Sugieres
its been pretty clear for a long while that the dev team doesnt care about off topic subforums and only cares about mapping/tournament/help subforums and in that case the lack or pages will not change much
DaddyCoolVipper

Green Platinum wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

There are pros and cons.

Can you list them?
Railey2
It just fucks the sites functionality, makes it infinitely harder to browse through long threads. It also takes longer to load and you can accidentally trigger it by scrolling up too high, which is super dumb.

If you load too much shit, it becomes disorienting you lose your sense of where you are exactly in the thread pretty quickly, because the site you're on changes its length all the time. Try loading a bigger chunk of a thread and go back and forth a bit, it's not fun at all. You know why that never happens with thread pages? Because they're all the same length, and it's a length that you can take in without any trouble. 15 posts per page. Always. You can also easily tell how far back you went just by looking at the pagenumber.

With the new design though? Who the fuck knows. It's a mess. The best you can do is using the postnumber to navigate, but that's just super awkward in longer threads.

The only upside I can see is that you can load longer parts of conversations all at once, but that's not enough of an advantage to make up for all the shit we'd have to deal with if this garbage design gets forced on us.

Green Platinum wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

That's it for me. Time to retire and go back to the MAL forums.
Something I should have done years ago lol. The clubs they have probably skips a ton of the hassle and bullshit here.
MAL Clubs are great. Now if only they didn't die out so quickly..
E m i
i hate when there's no contrast in something

and this? you don't just do this, the palette is so random there is no internal satisfaction associated with looking at the ranks
DaddyCoolVipper
Protest method: Making a new thread every single time it reaches 15-30 posts to keep the threads readable
_handholding

Zain Sugieres wrote:

its been pretty clear for a long while that the dev team doesnt care about off topic subforums and only cares about mapping/tournament/help subforums and in that case the lack or pages will not change much
What? Ofc it would have an impact in those places, why wouldn't it?

I pretty much agree with Railey overall. The dev team do care more about the design than the functionality of the users, especially as it doesn't affect them. The same happened with the new modding process with beatmaps where are lot of feedback/opinions (that aren't good ones) fall on deaf ears
Aurani
It's almost as if the devs of this place are shit. Hmmmmm :^)
BrokenArrow
Have any of you actually tried to send feedback to peppy or link him this thread? I'm pretty sure noone cares about the forums as much as OT does, so it might be a good idea to let him know. He said the new website will never be a finished product, so maybe he's willing to listen (especially concerning the infinite scrolling feature)
Tupsu
not only does tuuba still have thread pages, it also has selections for how many posts you have per page (´・ω・`)

also less weebs
https://forums.tuuba.moe/

I'm having a ball with this casual promotional astrtoturfing thing I sure hope nothing goes wrong with it
Endaris

BrokenArrow wrote:

Have any of you actually tried to send feedback to peppy or link him this thread? I'm pretty sure noone cares about the forums as much as OT does, so it might be a good idea to let him know. He said the new website will never be a finished product, so maybe he's willing to listen (especially concerning the infinite scrolling feature)
Especially concerning the infinite scrolling feature he's definitely not willing to listen.
BrokenArrow
I mean I know he has been very stubborn in the past but lately he seems to care more about what the community (i.e. reddit) thinks, so who knows dude
Hika

Aurani wrote:

Hika wrote:

Look who finally noticed me! :p
To be fair, you didn’t reply back to me.
abraker

Endaris wrote:

BrokenArrow wrote:

Especially concerning the infinite scrolling feature he's definitely not willing to listen.
Infinite scrolling did get a bit better, but still not like pages. Going by post enumeration instead of sets of 15 is weird.
Zain Sugieres

Kisses wrote:

Zain Sugieres wrote:

What? Ofc it would have an impact in those places, why wouldn't it?

I pretty much agree with Railey overall. The dev team do care more about the design than the functionality of the users, especially as it doesn't affect them. The same happened with the new modding process with beatmaps where are lot of feedback/opinions (that aren't good ones) fall on deaf ears
well what I meant was those subforums wouldnt be affected as much, I dont think map threads often exceed 10 pages or smth and in off topic subforums u see threads that are 50-100 pages long and more
_handholding

BrokenArrow wrote:

I mean I know he has been very stubborn in the past but lately he seems to care more about what the community (i.e. reddit) thinks, so who knows dude
>December 19th 2017

show more