forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd
This is why I don't trust the reasoning capabilities of Green Platinum and people like him and thus don't feel the need to engage in behavior that would encourage any reciprocation of dialogue; they say stuff like "I don't care about your politics" when they were the ones that inserted themselves into a conversation that they weren't previously part of. Obviously not with the intent of engaging in any meaningful way, but simply to insult ideas they didn't like. This is something much more common among left-wing people, they are much more driven by emotions and they feel personally insulted by ideas as if it were a physical threat, and thus feel the need to engage in censorship and "attack" ideas. This is common as you have seen even among people who theoretically have the capabilities to engage in rational discourse, but purposely obfuscate the facts and antagonise people instead. "Getting along" with these people is an impossibility.
Endaris

B1rd wrote:

This is something much more common among left-wing people, they are much more driven by emotions and they feel personally insulted by ideas as if it were a physical threat, and thus feel the need to engage in censorship and "attack" ideas.
You're not giving yourself much credibility with such statements. Yes, these people exist but they definitely exist on both sides in numbers too high to be happy with.
Keep your anger for the leftist acting like that instead of claiming it was a leftist trait and generalising an issue that has to be either seen on a case-by-case basis or through the scientific lense, trying to find out where this tendency comes from without looking for monocausal reasons.
B1rd
It is a Leftist trait. I don't care for your argument to moderation fallacies, both sides aren't "the same". I've seen enough people's behaviour on the internet, including your own, to know what I'm talking about. And if psychological studies aren't credible enough for you, I don't know what to tell you. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 091559.htm
Green Platinum
Going for a picnic at the zoo for Christmas. What does everyone else have planned?
Endaris
That explains why you tend to ignore most of what people you consider "leftists" at least.

I'll be going to the church at christmas, they're always play a self-written theatre piece there which tends to be nice.
B1rd
I don't ignore people who are lefitst, I don't put any energy in to responding to people who aren't going to say anything worthwhile.
twirl_old_1
Osu! more like OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
Green Platinum

Endaris wrote:

I'll be going to the church at christmas, they're always play a self-written theatre piece there which tends to be nice.
Sounds pleasant. Do they perform Biblical stories? Or is it a more secular affair?
_handholding

B1rd wrote:

The thread is better without the inane conversations you bring into it with your pointless comments and insults.
ooooooo shit my nibba bbbbbbbbb nibba nibba

call foxtrot in to ref, she's too pussy to get in the ring anyways
Foxtrot

Kisses wrote:

call foxtrot in to ref, she's too pussy to get in the ring anyways

why are you always so angry at me dude
_handholding
Ommg did you just assume my emotions???!
Foxtrot
ok, weirdo
Endaris

Green Platinum wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Sounds pleasant. Do they perform Biblical stories? Or is it a more secular affair?
No biblical stories but the topic is always related to Christmas.
Having a part of Lukas, 2 (christmas story) being read is reoccuring in every single piece taken to the stage for example.
In one of the years I participated in the play (couple years back) we picked up the Christmas Truce from first world war for example.
Last year it revolved around the religions of the world. (hard to describe really, haha)
Faust

Endaris wrote:

No biblical stories but the topic is always related to Christmas.
Having a part of Lukas, 2 (christmas story) being read is reoccuring in every single piece taken to the stage for example.
In one of the years I participated in the play (couple years back) we picked up the Christmas Truce from first world war for example.
Last year it revolved around the religions of the world. (hard to describe really, haha)
That actually sounds good. Let us know how this year's turned out.
Jordan
johnmedina999
nice tomoko reaction image
Razzy

johnmedina999 wrote:

nice tomoko reaction image
you're alive!
johnmedina999

Raspberriel wrote:

you're alive!
Glad to be back ^_^

I had to take care of some stuff but now that the semester is over I should be here to stay! I quit playing the game, though, at least for the time being.
DJ Enetro
What game could you possibly pick over music though :(
Tae
Literally any other game. Besides, who says he's even playing another one?
Mahogany
happy holidays nerds ;)
johnmedina999
Happy holidays, Maho! Welcome back.
Green Platinum
Can't escape these Sub vs. Dub arguments even in Xmas presents.

Taj
As well as clenching your butt, the only hoagies would dive under the periscope.
Maze
Is this is still going?
Seph
and i say
Achromalia
Hey, yeah I don't know what I'm doing here

oh yeah, ill just post a song or something

DJ Enetro
A song that is full of errors cannot be enjoyed.
Achromalia
idk what you're on about but okay then ( 'w')

B1rd
Subs are superior. Even though I can't understand a lot of Japanese, I can still pick up a lot of things from the original dialogue that the English doesn't convey. "professional" translations are the worst at this, it's like they barely even attempt to convey the original meaning.

I watched Tokyo Ravens over the holidays. Very good anime in my opinion. It makes me think though, I wonder if I don't bother much with life because I've been desensitised by fiction which presents a more alluring world which causes one to vainly chase after its fantastical elements through escapism rather than getting on with tedious reality. Or maybe it's just me and my obsessive personality.
E m i

B1rd wrote:

Subs are superior. Even though I can't understand a lot of Japanese, I can still pick up a lot of things from the original dialogue that the English doesn't convey. "professional" translations are the worst at this, it's like they barely even attempt to convey the original meaning.
final answer :P
Green Platinum
What group did you use B1rd?
Maze
B1rd

Momiji wrote:

B1rd wrote:

final answer :P
Are we playing Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

By the way, I got my internet cut off to save $$$ so I probably won't be able to post as often anymore.
Foxtrot

B1rd wrote:

By the way, I got my internet cut off to save $$$ so I probably won't be able to post as often anymore.
This seems kinda overkill
Green Platinum
Internet can gets pretty expensive here but for that kind of action sounds like B1rd must be extremely strapped for cash.
Jordan
B1rd
The 73% "other" is Italian.
DeletedUser_4041880
How long does your Internet need to be cut off? I can’t imagine going without it at home for more than a week
B1rd
My generation doesn't know the meaning of saving, apparently. Too much of a culture of consumerism. I suppose some people would say that internet is a "human right". It's not that bad though. If I want to use internet, I can go the library or stay with family. Now I have more time to do more interesting activities, read books and manga, go oudoors, etc. Not sure when I'll get it reconnected, I'm not happy with the government spying on me with mandatory data retention.
show more