Aurani

Hika wrote:

Noooo... I've been touching yours.
You can't even stand me
Rurree

Aurani wrote:

Hika wrote:

i greentext ur dick
That doesn't even make any sense..... you've been touching too much pinoy scrotum this month.
But I'm a girl
Aurani
Alright, so pinoy girls have scrotums..... wow
johnmedina999
Posting this here because I can.

Railey2
reddit is just awful for anything related to news or politics.
Don't ever go there.

So much misinformation and clickbait voted to the frontpage, because people care more about the sound of a headline than its accuracy.
DeletedUser_6709840

Railey2 wrote:

reddit is just awful for anything related to news or politics.
Don't ever go there.

So much misinformation and clickbait voted to the frontpage, because people care more about the sound of a headline than its accuracy.
I have to agree, Reddit is the worst place for it
Yuudachi-kun

johnmedina999 wrote:

Posting this here because I can.

I made that
DaddyCoolVipper
ShitAmericansSay is fantastic though
Mahogany
Fuck the default subreddits, they're all cancer. You have to find the smaller communities. ShitAmericansSay is a top-notch subreddit, gotta agree.
GladiOol
I most frequently browse /r/thenetherlands (only problem with it is that most of its users are green-left voters and boy-oh-boy do they like to shit on anything remotely right winged. But it does give me a shit ton of insight on more left-leaning ideas, principles and news articles and what not). And like once or twice a week /r/neoliberal for memes.

I dunno, I don't really like the setup 4chan and reddit use. It's too hive-minded. I prefer me good ol' forum setup like this one here.
johnmedina999

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

I made that
I know, it says "by Yuudachi-kun".
But this circle skin is OP.
kai99
fukngin tired after doing math

so wake me up whhen exams are over
Meah

kai99 wrote:

fukngin tired after doing math

so wake me up whhen exams are over
when September ends.
Yuudachi-kun

johnmedina999 wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

I made that
I know, it says "by Yuudachi-kun".
But this circle skin is OP.

Think about it
johnmedina999

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Think about it

Think about what? How OP the circle skin is?
My accuracy suddenly jumped 3% for no reason except that I changed my skin to the OP circle skin.
Yuudachi-kun
Maybe it was the hit position
kai99
skins = skill confirmd
B1rd

GladiOol wrote:

I most frequently browse /r/thenetherlands (only problem with it is that most of its users are green-left voters and boy-oh-boy do they like to shit on anything remotely right winged. But it does give me a shit ton of insight on more left-leaning ideas, principles and news articles and what not). And like once or twice a week /r/neoliberal for memes.

I dunno, I don't really like the setup 4chan and reddit use. It's too hive-minded. I prefer me good ol' forum setup like this one here.
heh it's the exact same with /r/australia

The insight it's given me to the left is that they think society is in perpetual class warfare of rich vs poor.
Railey2
Whether or not you think of it as warfare (i don't, personally) doesn't really matter. The core-concern is that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, no matter where you look. This you can't deny.
GladiOol

Railey2 wrote:

Whether or not you think of it as warfare (i don't, personally) doesn't really matter. The core-concern is that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, no matter where you look. This you can't deny.
The poor aren't getting poorer. They are getting rich at a much slower pace. Poverty has almost halved in the last 20 years and global poverty is still reducing to this very day.

''In September 2000, world leaders agreed upon a range of goals to help eliminate extreme poverty across the globe. They agreed on eight areas of focus, with a number of time-limited specific, ambitious and achievable targets. These are the "Millenium Development Goals."

One of those specific targets was to halve, between 1990 and 2015, the number of people across the globe living on less than $1.25 a day.

The target was achieved five years early. By 2010, 700 million fewer people lived in conditions of extreme poverty.''

B1rd
But it's not enough for the poor to get richer, the rich must get poorer, otherwise it's not a fair system right?

t. leftist

Talking seriously though, I do believe that the wealth disparity is artificially large, but I think one of the biggest causes are the artificial barriers on opportunity that prevent people from working, starting up business or getting an effective education. However the Leftists position is that supply-side economics is a conspiracy by the rich to keep people poor, and therefore we need higher taxes, higher minimum wage, more interventionist policies into the economy, more money into welfare and public programs and services et cetera, even if these things don't actually help in the long run.

Mahogany
If we don't need higher minimum wage then why are so many companies only paying employees the bare minimum? :thinking:

GladiOol
Companies maximize profit, true. so they'll employ at minimum wage. But blindly raising the minimum wage will (more than likely) result in more problems. (Empirical evidence is pretty short on this subject, though). The problem with raising it is that it will hurt the lowest-skilled workers for they'll no longer ''produce'' enough profit for the companies to be employing them.
B1rd
I'm not sure what you meant by your first sentence. I agree though, minimum wage gets rid of entry level jobs that don't make any profit if the employers have to pay minimum wage. For example, I just got let off a while ago from a job at a cafe, not because I didn't do a good job, but because my employers couldn't afford to keep me. They had to pay me around $23 AUD an hour. Now I have a new job, through a government program, that employs young people to go to farms, do fencing and plant trees. It pays around $12 an hour, which I'm perfectly happy with btw. So basically, I find it hard to get an entry-level job because the minimum wage is too high for me to be employed, and so there actually needs to be a government program to circumvent the minimum wage laws and mop up the large amount of unemployed youths in my area.

Cool vid on the subject: https://puu.sh/vrkOe/36a3309edb.webm

And not only that, the cost of paying the minimum wage has to be passed off onto the products, which directly affects the poor and middle class disproportionately. It also prevents a more meritocratic wage system, since the surplus generated by better workers will be needed to pay for the wages of workers that create a deficit. For example, say you need to employ a cleaner at the min wage of $15 an hour. It's a job that needs to be done, so you can't just not employ the cleaner. However let's say the labour of the cleaner is only worth $10 an hour. To recoup this cost, among other things, the company will now lower the wage of a worker who's labour is worth $22 an hour, and is being payed $20 an hour, to $15 an hour as well. This means that the more able and better workers are being penalised to the benefit of less able workers, and it deincentiveses hard work as it makes it much harder to get wage increases.

If you're looking for empirical evidence, countries in Europe with no minimum wage have consistently had lower unemployment than those with. https://www.cato.org/publications/comme ... -wage-laws
Mahogany

GladiOol wrote:

Companies maximize profit, true. so they'll employ at minimum wage. But blindly raising the minimum wage will (more than likely) result in more problems. (Empirical evidence is pretty short on this subject, though). The problem with raising it is that it will hurt the lowest-skilled workers for they'll no longer ''produce'' enough profit for the companies to be employing them.
They absolutely would, though. There's already a massive disparity between the amount of wealth a worker produces and what they're paid for their labor. Corporate types love to say it'd be unprofitable, but they're perfectly happy paying CEOs absurd amounts of cash - they could easily pay workers more.
Also, no fully employed person should EVER have to seek public assistance outside of extraordinary circumstances. We can't just let corporations shift their debt onto our governments.

B1rd wrote:

So basically, I find it hard to get an entry-level job because the minimum wage is too high for me to be employed, and so there actually needs to be a government program to circumvent the minimum wage laws and mop up the large amount of unemployed youths in my area.
Hopefully this is a learning experience for you about how great it is to have a government? The company is too scummy to employ you, and the govt is helping you out big-time. I really hope this helps you change your mindset.

B1rd wrote:

However let's say the labour of the cleaner is only worth $10 an hour. To recoup this cost, among other things, the company will now lower the wage of a worker who's labour is worth $22 an hour, and is being payed $20 an hour, to $15 an hour as well
Unionize and fight it, then. That's what unions are for. Corps will do anything to make money, they're not gonna cut wages "just because" they want to equalize cost. If they can scapegoat something, they will, but they'll cut costs everywhere and anywhere. Minimum wage is an easy target because for some reason people want everyone else to suffer as much as they do rather than improve everyone's standard of living.
Tae
what in the fuck who let this go down to page 2
henlo friends!
johnmedina999

Tae wrote:

what in the fuck who let this go down to page 2
There's nothing to talk about. This has been a slow week.

Tae wrote:

henlo friends!
Hi! How are you doing? Do you have shit that is either funny or interesting that you want to bring up?
Aurani

johnmedina999 wrote:

There's nothing to talk about. This has been a slow week.
You don't understand. OT has always been both shitty and inactive at times, but letting ITT drop to page 2 is pure heresy - especially since it has already happened two times this month alone.
B1rd
Theo only reason it dropped to page to was because of shitters spamming threads.
johnmedina999

B1rd wrote:

page to
B1rd
I guess my finger missed a key.
Rurree
kendrick lamar is the goat
kai99
hi
Dawns
kai my waifu
B1rd
Wow, best video on Tasmanian culture I've ever seen.

Dawns
i thought this was a meme but i actually learnt about tasmania from this video
johnmedina999
Wtf. No offense to anyone but I quite literally has to stop whatever I was doing and focus 100% on that video to understand what she was saying. Accents usually don't give me trouble; British, Russian, Asian, Indian, Mexican, German and others, I can easily understand; but not this.
kai99
dawnsday my waifu
Blitzfrog

kai99 wrote:

dawnsday my waifu
Rigged
show more