forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hika
degenerates.
Jordan
Sliding over vehicles, I hold a belief for which I am Thomas Cruise.
Jordan
Ma in realtà, il fato ha voluto che io sia Bobby con quell'attrezzo.
abraker
I am home for the Thanksgiving and am finally able to play osu! using my home setup. I have not realized how much my laptop's screen sucks ass. I am able to read AR9 with my home monitor as if it's AR8. It's a regular 60hz.
Faust
Having difficulty deciding what to have for lunch.
Foxtrot

Jordan wrote:

Ma in realtà, il fato ha voluto che io sia Bobby con quell'attrezzo.
Is this some kind of reference I'm missing? My Italian sucks now
Rurree

EneT wrote:

susmariosep anak ng teteng
8-)
B1rd
mamma mia spaghettini il fettucine ristretto risotto con lamborghini cappuccino macchiato affogato

That is Italian for 'Hitler did nothing wrong'.
Faust
Sounds pretty tasty to me.
Zain Sugieres
You forgot pizza you dumbo
Jordan

Zain Sugieres wrote:

You forgot pizza you dumbo
whoever dis guy is he nd asshole
Jellyblob
x
Razzy
These Cards Against Humanity Black Friday ideas just keep getting stranger (read: better)
AutoMedic
i dig that
glu_old
ok
abraker
hole against humanity
B1rd
Milkshake
I don't even remember which one of these is mine because they're all the same thing
jjrocks
I definitely gotten too old for this community but it's fun to check up on it every once in a while c: Hope you all are doing crazy fun things!
Tornado

jjrocks wrote:

I definitely gotten too old for this community but it's fun to check up on it every once in a while c: Hope you all are doing crazy fun things!
Naah not anymore.I lost my motivation for that 4 months ago :D

Excluding my singing performances
jjrocks

Tornado wrote:

jjrocks wrote:

lol I know the feeling. Well then go wild on the singing performances >:O
Tornado
Yeah I will but Im still waiting the day that my neighbour will come in to my door and warn me about that I shouldnt scream against a computer lolz
jjrocks

Tornado wrote:

Yeah I will but Im still waiting the day that my neighbour will come in to my door and warn me about that I shouldnt scream against a computer lolz
Truth. It'll take some time though so you should be fine. Alright now to go back into hiding for another 7 months.
Tornado
Good luck,Veteran Osu! Player :P
Rurree
Don't worry you're not too old

Taiga is like 33 or something
B1rd
Or so he says.
Mahogany
I've seen a pic of Taiga, I'd believe he's 33.
Endaris

Tornado wrote:

jjrocks wrote:

Looking forward to your osu!idol submission.
Tornado

Endaris wrote:

Looking forward to your osu!idol submission.
I am just too good for it lul

Lakira approves
_handholding

Mahogany wrote:

The way the guy talks I'd imagine him to be a very damaged man in his 30s
Railey2

B1rd wrote:

Reminds me of something I saw on Youtube, a person was put in a classroom with 5 or so actors, and they were asked to identify which was the longest line on a piece of paper. The actors deliberately chose the wrong answer, and despite the right one being clearly obvious, something like 75% of people who participated in this test chose the wrong answer as well.
you are looking for this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asch_conf ... xperiments

"In the confederate condition also, the majority of participants' responses remained correct (63.2 per cent), but a sizable minority of responses conformed to the confederate (incorrect) answer (36.8 per cent). The responses revealed strong individual differences: Only 5 percent of participants were always swayed by the crowd. 25 percent of the sample consistently defied majority opinion, with the rest conforming on some trials. An examination of all critical trials in the experimental group revealed that one-third of all responses were incorrect. These incorrect responses often matched the incorrect response of the majority group (i.e., confederates). Overall, 75% of participants gave at least one incorrect answer out of the 12 critical trials."

Overall, people aren't doing as badly as you put it.

Kisses wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

The way the guy talks I'd imagine him to be a very damaged man in his 30s
To his defense, it is not his first language.
Mahogany
Taiga is perfectly understandable. English is a really fucking difficult language to learn, and I think his skills are very impressive.
Tornado

Mahogany wrote:

Taiga is perfectly understandable. English is a really fucking difficult language to learn, and I think his skills are very impressive.
I cant complain it since I learned english just by playing online game for years.But I really dont think that english is very hard to learn.Because it is a global language that we see anywhere.It shouldnt be hard as the asian languages
B1rd
If over one third of people fail to identify an obvious objective reality because of pressure to conform, I hate to see how they'd do in matters that require more determined logical and deductive reasoning in subjects that are clouded in ideological false truths. Actually I do know the answer to that.
Mahogany

Tornado wrote:

I cant complain it since I learned english just by playing online game for years.But I really dont think that english is very hard to learn.Because it is a global language that we see anywhere.It shouldnt be hard as the asian languages
I just think there are a lot of intricacies in the language that even native speakers have a lot of trouble with - like the difference between their/they're/there, or even the present tense "I read" and then the past tense "I read"

When you look at it from an objective viewpoint it is a pretty messed up language - But I guess the fact that it's literally everywhere must help a lot. I'd imagine it's a lot easier to learn english passively if you spend a lot of time on the internet or playing videogames, for example.

I still think it's impressive though - if you haven't had any problems with it, you must be pretty smart! (though you are supposed to put a space after a full stop :p)

B1rd wrote:

If over one third of people fail to identify an obvious objective reality because of pressure to conform, I hate to see how they'd do in matters that require more determined logical and deductive reasoning in subjects that are clouded in ideological false truths. Actually I do know the answer to that.
And you complain about me spouting pseudo-intellectual bullshit?
Railey2

B1rd wrote:

there is a difference between not being able to identify something, and being able to identify something but opting to display a different opinion publicly.

The ability to withstand social pressure and the ability to apply deductive reasoning are two entirely different things, too.

The takeaway from Asch's experiment shouldn't be that people are inherently bad at thinking. As the control group showed, people are perfectly able to identify the correct answer with an error of less than 1%.

Mahogany wrote:

B1rd wrote:

And you complain about me spouting pseudo-intellectual bullshit?
his post was fine imo. I only call posts pseudo intellectual when there is a blatant misuse of technical language, but b1rd's posts don't fall into that category at all.
B1rd

Railey2 wrote:

there is a difference between not being able to identify something, and being able to identify something but opting to display a different opinion publicly.

The ability to withstand social pressure and the ability to apply deductive reasoning are two entirely different things, too.

The takeaway from Asch's experiment shouldn't be that people are inherently bad at thinking. As the control group showed, people are perfectly able to identify the correct answer with an error of less than 1%.
I was never implying that people are bad at thinking when not subject to social interference. My point is that the pressure to conform has a strong influence on people, and that it also affects their thinking. "I suspected about the middle – but tried to push it out of my mind.". This is Orwellian tier thought suppression demonstrated. Some people may say one thing and choose another, but there is a definite force for people to conform their very thoughts to those around them. And this is for something where the right answer was immediately and explicitly apparent. Imagine the effect this has on issues where the answer isn't explicitly obvious and it's easy to accept the plausible psedo-truths of your peers. The things you mentioned are not that different after all.
Shiirn

jjrocks wrote:

Tornado wrote:

Truth. It'll take some time though so you should be fine. Alright now to go back into hiding for another 7 months.
don't forget

you're here forever
Tornado

Mahogany wrote:

Tornado wrote:

I just think there are a lot of intricacies in the language that even native speakers have a lot of trouble with - like the difference between their/they're/there, or even the present tense "I read" and then the past tense "I read"

When you look at it from an objective viewpoint it is a pretty messed up language - But I guess the fact that it's literally everywhere must help a lot. I'd imagine it's a lot easier to learn english passively if you spend a lot of time on the internet or playing videogames, for example.

I still think it's impressive though - if you haven't had any problems with it, you must be pretty smart! (though you are supposed to put a space after a full stop :p)
Well actually I just wanted to learn the storylines of the games that I played long time ago so I just had interests to learn it.So it was actually "fun" to learn.I was really bad at school when I was 10-11 but after spending enough times; I was getting high notes despite I was sleeping on the english lessons ( ˘ω˘ )
_handholding

Mahogany wrote:

It's not about his English skills it's about how unreasonably aggressive he is and just generally negative. Let's be real it's not like his English skills are that bad, they are decent enough that we can be sure he means exactly what he says and it's not just a small misunderstanding
show more