ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
52,534
show more
Zheng Jiang
It actually has nothing to do with price, obviously most things work like that but that does not mean every chocolate is like that and you might just pay for brand
Wei Wuxian
Cacao is becoming an expensive resource and the plant itself could become endangered because the rainforest if where it grows best. So chocolate that uses higher percentage of cacao is more expensive because the bean itself if becoming scarcer.
Brands that are higher priced also tend to not mass farm cacao in conditions that destroy the beans flavour and thats another reason it's expensive because of the upkeep to maintain original flavour.

So yes, cacao does have to do with the price because some companies jack up the price to maintain the level of quality.
Zheng Jiang
I stated that not every chocolate pays for quality but brand and you just need 1 company to make my statement that expensive != better valid.

Wait my previous post is written in a stupid way so ignore everything I said (implying any of my posts ever made sense)
Wei Wuxian
I'm bad at remembering the company names, tbh. Sorry fam.

But your argument is valid too because some companies can jack up prices due to notoriety.
Madvillain
Lindt is my favorite anyway. I don't really care about the brand nor the price, I just eat what's there. At least cheap chocolate actually tastes okay, unlike alcohol where in the cheap ones taste like mop water.
Wei Wuxian
Yeah, even cheap chocolate is decent.
Mahogany
I once had friends bring over a Hershey's bar from the states as a gift to us. Never got to eat it though, because my damn dog ate it, packaging and everything. I don't mind, though, I have heard that American chocolate is pretty bland compared to ours.
Madvillain
Hershey's chocolate has some tangy taste to it. I wouldn't call it bland in general, but more of a lack of the "cacao" taste. Still tastes good though.
Railey2

Almaz wrote:

I think you'll find the only experience the third world has with chocolate is through their chocolate rivers.
dude, africa is the worlds centre of cocoa plantations

if anything, they have too much experience with chocolate. The smell of chocolate probably triggers PTSD in half of the african population.
Wei Wuxian
There's also cocoa plantations in South America as well, just because the climate works for the crop
Catgirl
i'm not a huge fan of chocolate on its own, i prefer more fruity stuff. chocolate covered strawberries are good, as well as like, chocolate covered raisins, chocolate covered cranberries, etc.

but i wouldn't mind having Kisses in my mouth :^)
Railey2
what about chocolate with fruits?
_handholding

Railey2 wrote:

what about chocolate with fruits?
dairy milk - fruit and nut is shit
Railey2
I always read that as diary milk
Rilene

Catgirl wrote:

chocolate covered raisins
i want this
Eraser

Railey2 wrote:

what about chocolate with fruits?
Disgusting
Rilene

Mahogany wrote:

I once had friends bring over a Hershey's bar from the states as a gift to us. Never got to eat it though, because my damn dog ate it, packaging and everything. I don't mind, though, I have heard that American chocolate is pretty bland compared to ours.
Isn't it unsafe for dogs to eat chocolate?
Eraser
I love nuts, i love cashews. I love chocolate covered cashews
Madvillain
Chocolate covered acai is amazing fyi
FuZ
literally 5 pages of chocolate talk
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply