Tae
TL;DR - 3D people are just as important as 2D people
Go outdoors and meet people, etc
Yuudachi-kun

Almaz wrote:

Ewww

Just go up to random people and creep them out when they want nothing to donwith you good idea
Catgirl

Railey2 wrote:

Do yourself a favor and give people IRL a chance. Try to get to know them like you try to get to know people online. Online or offline, people are just people.
Or don't do that, that's fine by me too. But at least stop making poor excuses for yourself, you can do better than that.

just saying, i really do value your opinion and it's something more to think about, more things to try later. even if you or someone else tells me i'm a terrible example of a person for stuff like this, telling me that still helps me a lot. i know i'm far from being perfect and i want to take in as much as i can so that i can improve myself later on.

i did 4 years of university and i've been out in the real world for about a year and a half, meeting a ton of people through school and work. and the first thing i've found is that not a single person in that time has really met what i look for in a person. i'm not saying that anyone i've met online has either because everyone has some kind of problems (whether they share them or not), but they're generally more approachable and we already have one big thing in common because we met each other in a place like this.

after thinking about it for a bit, i would say the difference between meeting people in real life vs online is that when i meet people in real life, i meet them because i have to, and i see the things i don't like first. when i meet people online, i meet them by choice because i see the things we have in common first. later on i might find that i like a person in real life but they wouldn't get that far because i disliked them at first and won't take a second chance to get closer to them. online, typically i find things i don't like in people afterwards, but i keep giving them chances because we clicked initially. i don't know if this is a good comparison or not.
Tae

Khelly wrote:

Almaz wrote:

Ewww
I was only summarizing what Railey said ;-;
FuZ

Faust wrote:

I think Khelly is a good name for a female, for what it's worth.
the only khelly i know is a disgusting fat girl
Yuudachi-kun

FuZ wrote:

Faust wrote:

I think Khelly is a good name for a female, for what it's worth.

Hi
Yuudachi-kun

Almaz wrote:

Khelly wrote:

quote="Almaz"]TL;DR - 3D people are just as important as 2D people
Ewww[/quote

I was only summarizing what Railey said ;-;

Now explain how to do it in a way that doesn't make people run away from you because they have no business with you if they don't know you
FuZ

Khelly wrote:

FuZ wrote:

Hi
irl + youre matthew
Yuudachi-kun
My name isn't matthew
Cyclohexane
first off

Railey2 wrote:

Do yourself a favor and give people IRL a chance. Try to get to know them like you try to get to know people online. Online or offline, people are just people.
Or don't do that, that's fine by me too. But at least stop making poor excuses for yourself, you can do better than that.
holy bonkers actual good advice in off-topic i did not expect this

next

Catgirl wrote:

and the first thing i've found is that not a single person in that time has really met what i look for in a person. i'm not saying that anyone i've met online has either because everyone has some kind of problems (whether they share them or not), but they're generally more approachable and we already have one big thing in common because we met each other in a place like this.
now i've been at uni too and i don't know your story but most people I hung out with at uni were friendly people even if we didn't share the same interests. you're not in high school anymore, so you should be in an environment where the majority of the people you work with aren't acting like dicks. There's very little chance you haven't met anyone who shares common interests with you, maybe a lot of people did and never told you, or maybe you simply haven't gotten to know them well enough.

Catgirl wrote:

i would say the difference between meeting people in real life vs online is that when i meet people in real life, i meet them because i have to, and i see the things i don't like first. when i meet people online, i meet them by choice because i see the things we have in common first.
well this just sounds like you don't want to meet people really, unless there's some kind of layer of anonymity (like a username) which I can respect, but i'm pretty sure you not clicking with people irl is mostly on you. it really shouldn't matter if the people you meet don't share your interests, chances are they're also very interesting people with incredible stories to tell, so if you don't click immediately by some common hobby, interest yourself in theirs instead. It's not like people online are magically more drawn to each other or whatever the fuck. If anything I'm a lot more aggressive and opinionated online than irl where i mostly don't give half a shit about anything.

bottom line; if you want friends in your daily life, you gotta work for it. potentially anyone can be your friend if you are willing to lend them some interest and put efforts in making a friendship develop.

or you could just become some sour fuck like me who at 22 years old goes around yelling at people on the internet, but unless you're fine with the prospect of spending most if not the rest of your life alone I wouldn't recommend it.
FuZ

Khelly wrote:

My name isn't matthew
ok andrew
Hika
lol don't u mean Tyler, Fuz
Hika
also you're shittu if you don't even give ppl irl a chance
like literally you're missing out on good opportunities tbh
Faust
Ya'll need to chill out and look at some breasts.

Hika
Or get some real ones ?
Faust
Jeez, I wish.

I do think about it, but alas I wanna focus on my career.
If some cute girl enters my life one way or another, sure.
Cyclohexane

Faust wrote:

way ahead of you buddy
Faust
dam got seriously outplayed here
Foxtrot

Mr Color wrote:

Faust wrote:

way ahead of you buddy
Me too, I was already looking down
Yuudachi-kun

Hika wrote:

also you're shittu if you don't even give ppl irl a chance
like literally you're missing out on good opportunities tbh

You're also missing out on all the ways hey can hurt and fuck you over too
Cyclohexane
if that's likely to stop you, maybe you should consider staying on your own
Yuudachi-kun
It is some good reasons
Hika
Hypothetically, I guess if you were strongly mentally then perhaps talking to people irl wouldn't be so bad
Cyclohexane
and you probably wouldn't spend as much time on the internet, too.
Yuudachi-kun
What made you crawl out of your hole here again

I assume you got killed in a france attack
Foxtrot

Hika wrote:

Hypothetically, I guess if you were strongly mentally then perhaps talking to people irl wouldn't be so bad

Mr Color wrote:

and you probably wouldn't spend as much time on the internet, too.
You guys are kind of giving him shit for things we've all done though
Yuudachi-kun
I still wanna name chane to vcr
Catgirl

Mr Color wrote:

long post

thanks mr color~

i guess i'm just always conflicted and never really know what i want. everything in my life has gone poorly so i guess i just avoid people thinking they would make it even worse. at the same time i'm so used to being by myself that i'm too unmotivated to make any kind of change. sometimes i like being alone, sometimes i hate it, so i just kinda stay in limbo in the middle too afraid to do anything with my life.
Foxtrot

Khelly wrote:

I still wanna name chane to vcr
No
Yuudachi-kun
Ok vhs-chan
Catgirl
are you implying something about inserting the VHS in the VCR?

l-lewd...
Yuudachi-kun

Catgirl wrote:

l-lewd...

HOLY SHIT YOU ACTUALLY FIGURED IT OUT
Zain Sugieres
omg Catgril is a genius
Foxtrot

Khelly wrote:

Catgirl wrote:

l-lewd...

yeah ofc he's 22

90s basic knowledge right there
Catgirl

Khelly wrote:

Catgirl wrote:

l-lewd...

yeah my mom's the strange type of person who still uses a VCR to record TV shows because she lives in the past and won't learn any new technology... it's 2016 get with the program (or just don't watch TV)
Yuudachi-kun
I want dulcet to insert her big vhs into my vcr hole

or any of you fuckers
Catgirl

Khelly wrote:

I want dulcet to insert her big vhs into my vcr hole
[spoiler]or any of you fuckers[/spoiler]

and you can record whatever you want when it's in your vcr hole

mmmmm 6 hours of playback~

edit: wait do spoiler tags not work on new forums site? i didn't even see there was a spoiler and now it's just showing a broken tag for me
Yuudachi-kun
Living the dream right there

Hey catfirl you want some fuck
Hika
u post shit ur gettin shit m8
Catgirl

Khelly wrote:

Living the dream right there
Hey catfirl you want some fuck

yeah sure just wait until i get home, i got some shows i want to watch tonight but we can record them and watch later :^)
show more