forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Railey2

Aurani wrote:

Illya is an incredibly good source of plot cannon fodder! I personally prefer her F/SN death, as it's got more faux tragedy in it and well, my waifu Gil is directly involved in it.

Death to the overrated shit loli.
but how can a loli be overrated I don't understand

I mean look at her dance

look

LOOK AT HER, AURANI
IppE

Railey2 wrote:

but how can a loli be overrated I don't understand

I mean look at her dance

look

LOOK AT HER, AURANI
http://chocolate.loli.dance/
kirueggy
Motherfucker, that site for some reason isn't blocked on my school's WiFi firewall and so I had to explain to the librarian what the fuck was I looking at
EneT
Little girls don't have curvaceous bodies.
IppE

kirueggy wrote:

Motherfucker, that site for some reason isn't blocked on my school's WiFi firewall and so I had to explain to the librarian what the fuck was I looking at
Can you not read the url and do a little thinking on what it might contain?
Aurani

Brian OA wrote:

Our friendship has ended

It was nice associating with you
Wait, we were friends? When? How? Where?

I'm going to Hell for this, but who the fuck cares, as long as it's Illya. =D
Here we see why Illya loved her dad so much.

Shohei Ohtani
>People complaining that the reason there's a cap is because the QATs are overworked and there is not enough people to look at all of the maps in qualified
>4+ people removed from the team in the past few months
>1 person added
>"hurr durr how do we solve this issue"
>"Can't add more people because we can't overwork the QATs"
>"If only we had more QATs"

Fuck I'm not looking forward to the winter break, because that means more free time, and more free time means more time on osu!, and more time on osu! means getting mad that the management literally has no clue how to efficiently manage anything past an "in-crowd" that promotes regional circlejerking lmao
Railey2
be the QAT you want to see
Shohei Ohtani
I would but even if i started modding again and rejoined the BN, the QAT is specifically crafted to be filled with yesmen, which is why people like captin1 had a rough time in it while people like Lust thrived in it.

Its literally designed so that everyone in there has the same opinion. Which is great for approving maps consistently, but instead of that opinion being the community opinion, its generally loctavs opinion.

And the people are hand selected to be submissive and have the same homogenized opinion. Ive had such a rough time with talking with some QATs bedause any complaint i had was turned into "yeah but you guys arent staff so it isnt important" or "its what loctav says so thats what i believe"

So i wouldnt be let in even if i re-claimed mt position on top of the BN ranking
YawaH
uhhh...... merry christmas?
SaigonAlice

slandotski wrote:

uhhh...... merry christmas?
its the 18th you fool. you dunce. you numbskull.
Vuelo Eluko
after what happened to maps like yes we cant - wh and the roller coaster of fuck that was time freeze's ranking process ive come to believe QAT's in general do nothing but harm to the ranking process.
Mahogany
I think the whole staff and ranking system is seriously fucked I mean the fact that certain mappers can say an outright "no" to almost all of a QAT's suggested improvements after a DQ and then the map gets rebubbled and ranked with no issue

Meanwhile other maps can get disqualified 6 times and you'd seriously expect all the issues to be caught within the first 1-3 disqualifications because QATs are supposed to be professional mappers >_>
Vuelo Eluko

Mahogany wrote:

I think the whole staff and ranking system is seriously fucked I mean the fact that certain mappers can say an outright "no" to almost all of a QAT's suggested improvements after a DQ and then the map gets rebubbled and ranked with no issue
every mapper should be able to do this and it should happen all the time until the ones that habitually unrank shit realize their garbo opinions are unwanted and quit

VERY rarely is it warranted. the last time i can remember an unranking being fair was probably when that ridiculous koigokoro map got taken down.. it was a piece of shit on every level. i dont even care that i lost my 197pp play on it. im surprised it got unranked for the background and not the horrible mapping though.

then again im biased, i think cs3 should be unrankable.
Sayori-kun

EneT wrote:

B1rd
QAT think that they're hot shit and that their opinions should be law. Only a few mappers like Hollow Wings have been able to beat them.
Friendan

Aurani wrote:

I thought you hated lolis? Did I miss something or I am just remembering wrong?

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

the last time i can remember an unranking being fair was probably when that ridiculous koigokoro map got taken down..
If you're talking about Luerxa's version that one is still up, still gives a bunch of pp, still is garboge
Aurani
But I displayed nothing BUT hatred towards Illya in that post... I mean I pretty much pulled a scene out of context where Illya compares Berserker's dick to her father's. Can't get any worse than that.
Railey2
I think what is truly wrong with the whole QAT vs. mappers thing is, that everyone here seems to accept the premise that it has to be "vs."

The ranking-process should not be about pushing your will through against QATs, but about reaching a compromise. The compromise should be based on the understanding that opinions on quality differ, but that the conjoint effort of both QATs and mappers will lead to a better result in most cases. The same should be true from the QATs perspective: They shouldn't just force their opinions on the mappers, but act with the aforementioned idea in mind.

I've seen people antagonize the QATs everywhere, and who knows in some cases they might have been justified in doing so. Maybe some QATs are biased and unfair towards certain mappers. However, I know for sure that many mappers have publicly been proper assholes towards QATs and their work, calling them corrupt, twisted and whatnot. I refuse to believe that the QAT is a community made of children that are on an embarrassing power-trip together, who deserve treatment like that.

Maybe stop introducing and then fortifying the idea that it has to be an "us vs. them". If you do that consistently, they will eventually adopt the idea and act accordingly. Stop making up sides like this is a battle or a war.

Instead, just treat them like people and give credit to them for the work that they are doing instead of acting all up-stuck and self-righteous. Because THAT certainly isn't helping. It just makes you a pain to deal with.

People are a lot more willing to make a compromise if you are nice to them. I hope, in the end we just all want to contribute to this game in one way or another.
Mahogany
I know members of the QAT only have good intentions, but the system is still deeply flawed. I'd say anyone would have a right to get annoyed and angry if their map got disqualified 6 times, and their reactions would be totally justified. QATs are supposed to be professionals, and they should catch all the issues preventing ranking within 1 or two DQs, and not take 6!

And, in my opinion, it's pretty bullshit that certain mappers can outright refuse to change quite a few things that a QAT has told them to, and get the map ranked anyway. Shouldn't QATs only be disqualifying maps if there's actually a problem that needs to be fixed, and not something they're willing to let slide when pressed?
-sev

Railey2 wrote:

Instead, just treat them like people
That is not how shit gets done in this world
Railey2

Mahogany wrote:

I know members of the QAT only have good intentions, but the system is still deeply flawed. I'd say anyone would have a right to get annoyed and angry if their map got disqualified 6 times, and their reactions would be totally justified. QATs are supposed to be professionals, and they should catch all the issues preventing ranking within 1 or two DQs, and not take 6!

And, in my opinion, it's pretty bullshit that certain mappers can outright refuse to change quite a few things that a QAT has told them to, and get the map ranked anyway. Shouldn't QATs only be disqualifying maps if there's actually a problem that needs to be fixed, and not something they're willing to let slide when pressed?
There surely have been instances where questionable decisions have been made, but what many forget is that this is to be expected. This is a field where objective judgment is pretty much impossible. Especially when QATs hold perfections as their own standard, things might take a little longer.

Of course there are double standards, and it is important and fair to address them when they become visible. It is not fair to slander a whole team for the things that go wrong, while ignoring all the things that go right.

I am not denying that there are problems with the system. I am unsure if there can be a system without problems when it comes to this, because in the end.. we'll always have to leave the ranking process up to human jurisdiction.

To address your second question: You can see disqualifications as a purely negative feedback from the QAT, or as a chance to make a good map even better through conjoint effort. If a QAT came up to me and said: "hey I have some ideas for this to make it better, lets disqualify it for a while and think this over", I'd have absolutely no problem with that. Even if there is no actual problem with the map and it could technically be ranked. The QAT is giving me some of his time to improve the map together with me, which is awesome. Optimally, I could then decide if the proposed changes seem favorable, and push the map through regardless if I decide that they aren't (after all, the map was fine before it was disqualified).
Technically, everyone should be allowed to push through certain things that don't significantly affect playability. Pointing out when people are ignored is part of fighting against the expected biases I talked about before - it is important and needed.

Kaienyuu wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

Instead, just treat them like people
That is not how shit gets done in this world
Way to go, quoting me out of context. I don't promote this as a godlike solution for everything, so your response misses the point completely. And besides, osu is not "this world". It is a pretty isolated and well regulated system, so you are in fact missing the point twice.

All I said was, that it is time to take a step back and reduce the toxicity that is creeping between people here. Antagonizing isn't helpful, as it is just creating an atmosphere that nobody wants to work in. It also isn't fair in most cases.
Vuelo Eluko

Railey2 wrote:

I think what is truly wrong with the whole QAT vs. mappers thing is, that everyone here seems to accept the premise that it has to be "vs."

The ranking-process should not be about pushing your will through against QATs, but about reaching a compromise. The compromise should be based on the understanding that opinions on quality differ, but that the conjoint effort of both QATs and mappers will lead to a better result in most cases. The same should be true from the QATs perspective: They shouldn't just force their opinions on the mappers, but act with the aforementioned idea in mind.

I've seen people antagonize the QATs everywhere, and who knows in some cases they might have been justified in doing so. Maybe some QATs are biased and unfair towards certain mappers. However, I know for sure that many mappers have publicly been proper assholes towards QATs and their work, calling them corrupt, twisted and whatnot. I refuse to believe that the QAT is a community made of children that are on an embarrassing power-trip together, who deserve treatment like that.

Maybe stop introducing and then fortifying the idea that it has to be an "us vs. them". If you do that consistently, they will eventually adopt the idea and act accordingly. Stop making up sides like this is a battle or a war.

Instead, just treat them like people and give credit to them for the work that they are doing instead of acting all up-stuck and self-righteous. Because THAT certainly isn't helping. It just makes you a pain to deal with.

People are a lot more willing to make a compromise if you are nice to them. I hope, in the end we just all want to contribute to this game in one way or another.
the problem is the system is redundant and superfluous.. we already have BN's that can only execute their powers with objective reasons, they cannot simply 'opinion' a map into being ranked. They need to make sure ranking criteria's are met. This is the imbalance of power present, they don't operate on the same rules, they can just say "unplayable" and that's it, all the hard work and collaboration and making sure criteria are met swept aside because hur dur. I don't see why there needs to be another layer of bullshit over an already difficult system to push maps through. May as well tell the BN's they're incompetent and that peppy has no faith in them. Get rid of them altogether and make the QAT do everything, then immediately bring back the BN's because nothing got done while they were gone.

x
Mahogany

Railey2 wrote:

There surely have been instances where questionable decisions have been made, but what many forget is that this is to be expected. This is a field where objective judgment is pretty much impossible. Especially when QATs hold perfections as their own standard, things might take a little longer.
I've seen a map get DQed with one of the stated reasons being "You only have 1 page of low quality mods"
...that's entirely irrelevant to the map's quality and is not a valid reason for disqualification under any circumstance
-That wasn't the sole reason for disqualification but it's inclusion in the DQ post was completely unnecessary-
So what if the mods are low quality? Clearly the map itself is high quality if a BN thought to bubble it. The mods have little to nothing to actually do with the map. If I make the best map ever, and nobody can mod it because it's perfect in any way, does that mean it can never get ranked because I don't get any mods?

Railey2 wrote:

Of course there are double standards, and it is important and fair to address them when they become visible. It is not fair to slander a whole team for the things that go wrong, while ignoring all the things that go right.
I'd rather slander an entire group than single out and target individuals. Not to mention doing that would probably get me silenced. Slandering a single person would probably be flaming, and unfair towards them.

Railey2 wrote:

am not denying that there are problems with the system. I am unsure if there can be a system without problems when it comes to this, because in the end.. we'll always have to leave the ranking process up to human jurisdiction.
But the only way problems get fixed is if people complain about them enough. That's why I'm complaining. It'll never be perfect, but it can improve.

Railey2 wrote:

If a QAT came up to me and said: "hey I have some ideas for this to make it better, lets disqualify it for a while and think this over", I'd have absolutely no problem with that. Even if there is no actual problem with the map and it could technically be ranked.
If it's on terms purely of "Being helpful and friendly" I believe they should either:
-Mod the map and point out those issues before it gets into qualified
OR
-Ask you personally what you thought of those issues, WITHOUT disqualifying the map UNLESS you agree with what they're saying.
-sev

Railey2 wrote:

Way to go, quoting me out of context.
thx m8 I do it that all the time
SaigonAlice

Kaienyuu wrote:

thx m8 I do it that all the time
-sev
proofreading is is hrd

hi saigon
-sev

B1rd wrote:

QAT think that they're hot shit and that their opinions should be law. Only a few mappers like Hollow Wings have been able to beat them.
i bet hw gives good head
Friendan

Aurani wrote:

But I displayed nothing BUT hatred towards Illya in that post... I mean I pretty much pulled a scene out of context where Illya compares Berserker's dick to her father's. Can't get any worse than that.
It sounded like you hated her so much that you wanted to rape her :lol: my reading comprehension isn't good

Kaienyuu wrote:

B1rd wrote:

i bet hw gives good head
I bet she would add unnecessary motions since she seems to love those

Hi Saigon
Shohei Ohtani
HW is also a bad mapper so

Although the only chinese mapper I like is 384059043 so
Bweh

Aurani wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

Our friendship has ended

It was nice associating with you
Wait, we were friends? When? How? Where?
You can't act dumb; especially not after sharing an intimate relationship
[img]
https://lphoto1.ask.fm/220/117/976/-269 ... owhorn.png[/img]

I mean, I'd understand if we were talking about Kaleid Liner's Ilya

What's so bad about actual Ilya
Aurani
Don't worry, we are definitely friends - although you seem to not like to poke me very much, mongrelic mutt.

Nah, nothing is wrong with her - was just having fun at her expense. The real problem lies in the people who "love" her, or her fandom, in other words. She, alongside Rin, has one of THE most cancerous fandoms around, on par with some of Touhou's characters. She's FAR too overrated in that regard, but otherwise okay in most other aspects.

The reason I didn't poke fun at Rin is because I quite like her initial character - the one before she inexplicably falls in love with Emiya (probably due to his overbearing intelligence :V) and gets boned. She was a pretty solid character at first and I respected her for that, but Illya's good points are overshadowed by the immeasurably cancerous fandom that I want no part of. She's pretty much fucking Cirno of Fate.

I don't even want to HEAR of Kaleid. FUCK that show and FUCK everything about it. I didn't even want to touch the torrent of that shit, let alone buy a copy. It doesn't deserve my money.
Bweh
I am not one to seek others out save by happenstance meetings, such as just being on the same irc channel/teamspeak room.

I don't know a lot about her fanbase, but I know that she's a best loli and poking fun at her expense is a totally not okay thing to do. We should be able to look past such a cancerous fanbase and appreciate characters and shows for what they are at face value.

Jumping over fences and trying hard makes most of the girls in Fate wet

Kaleid brings some nice fan-fiction-tier scenarios but for the most part eugh
Aurani
So..... I'm not the one to poke others and you are pretty much the same.... that sounds like a wonderful way to have a thriving friendship!

Ah come on, I couldn't help myself when I saw that screenshot that just so happened to be completely out of context.

Well, I'd rather have seen them implement the HF route than that crap... there are SO many good things they could implement instead of that! Also, I TRULY hope they bring S-Nero to me one day. I mean, if they could make Kaleid, they sure as fuck can make F/E as well.

I WANT THIS IN HD ANIMU FORM.
Shohei Ohtani
are you guys seriously fucking mad over slutty anime girls
Vuelo Eluko
1080p wallpaper edition

A Medic

EneT wrote:

Liez

SayoriKirigaya wrote:

EneT wrote:

God Bless

Aurani wrote:

Don't worry, we are definitely friends - although you seem to not like to poke me very much, mongrelic mutt.
Nah, nothing is wrong with her - was just having fun at her expense. The real problem lies in the people who "love" her, or her fandom, in other words. She, alongside Rin, has one of THE most cancerous fandoms around, on par with some of Touhou's characters. She's FAR too overrated in that regard, but otherwise okay in most other aspects.
The reason I didn't poke fun at Rin is because I quite like her initial character - the one before she inexplicably falls in love with Emiya (probably due to his overbearing intelligence :V) and gets boned. She was a pretty solid character at first and I respected her for that, but Illya's good points are overshadowed by the immeasurably cancerous fandom that I want no part of. She's pretty much fucking Cirno of Fate.
I don't even want to HEAR of Kaleid. FUCK that show and FUCK everything about it. I didn't even want to touch the torrent of that shit, let alone buy a copy. It doesn't deserve my money.

Out of all the character in touhou I don't even know why people like Cirno.

There are literally thousands that people can pick from but people want the ice fairy lol.

Doesn't matter though because Youmu is the greatest. Youmu is love, Youmu is life.

All You
Need in
Life Is
Youmu
SaigonAlice

A Medic wrote:

God Bless
I often find myself lying awake at night thinking about how I popularised this phrase in a circle of grown men with anime girl avatars
A Medic

SaigonAlice wrote:

A Medic wrote:

God Bless

I often find myself lying awake at night thinking about how I popularised this phrase in a circle of grown men with anime girl avatars

This is older than both of us though.
xch00F
bad
show more