forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Green Platinum
I seriously believe if you have an issue with the direction peppy is taking the forums you should leave and have the conviction to stay out since it looks like nothing will change his mind.
IppE

Green Platinum wrote:

From what I could gather the whole point of moving was some whiney tantrum/protest about the new design.
Eeh, more in the lines of "we don't really like the new layout or how the moderation is done here etc. etc. so we'll just do our own thing instead of bitching and whining about how things are done here".

I don't see how that is a tantrum, but if you want to think of it as such, go ahead.
Vuelo Eluko

Green Platinum wrote:

I seriously believe if you have an issue with the direction peppy is taking the forums you should leave and have the conviction to stay out since it looks like nothing will change his mind.
i seriously believe people should post wherever the fuck they want regardless of what you say
Fabi
Shohei Ohtani
fuck your edgy ass bullshit fucking Dulcet just made the most savage return after some horny chinese dude complained about being friendzoned and all you can talk about is how people are no longer posting their libertarian political views on a different server than the one that you're currently posting im so dissapointed
Hika
bruh lol
Aurani
dNextGen
tfw one year closer to death

A Medic
All I can see

silmarilen

Dulcet wrote:

oh god
hi firo prochainsaw
Granger
exactly 13 days and 13 pages ago it was when i last visited this page. Seems like i didnt miss much since the people i miss havent posted either.
chaee
Birdy

dNextGen wrote:

Happy birth man.
Railey2

Green Platinum wrote:

It's hypocritical to storm out in outraged protest only to return when nothing has changed and the outrage dies down.
Aurani didn't leave to "make a point". I think he knows full well how ridiculous that would be. Peppy doesn't care about "points", so that would render Auranis efforts useless and him a fool.

The only reason hes been posting there and not here is because there is barely anything going on here. (he also didn't post in my threads or responded to anything I did! :c )

Since he is free of the restraints that people with points have if they don't want to lose their integrity, he can just post wherever he wants - until the forum-design changes. When that happens, you can expect him to never post here again.. to our great dismay.

Until then, we can all take a bath in his ego that is flooding every thread he ever posted in.

And if he ever posts here again when the design finally changed, we can all point our fingers at him and yell: See, someone changed his opinion even though he's been really vocal about it! This is a bad thing! So bad, badly bad!

Seriously though, I cant say that I dislike the new design. I genuinely think that most people who complained about it are victims of the status-quo bias.
Aurani
What do you mean "he also didn't post in my threads or responded to anything I did!"? Give me some examples, else I call bullshit. :p

Also, it would be good if you came over to Tuuba when you feel like discussing something, as you're probably the last person here I genuinely can have a conversation with (and that's the sole reason I frequent Tuuba more than Osu nowadays - everyone who mattered is now posting over there).
Don't be a mongrel, you mongrel. :V
Shohei Ohtani

reading the comments on this video gives me great joy
Wlesh

Umaru Umaru Umaru Umaru Umaru Kumaru Kappa Keepo umaru chahaan
dNextGen

Static Noise Bird wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

Happy birth man.
thank fam
Zelda

Static Noise Bird wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

Happy birth man.
this tbh
Lust
so whens old avatar week
Zelda
shit nigga I can't even change my avatar because osu wants me to verify that I'm me and I forgot the name of the email address I used to make this account
oopsie
Birdy

Lust wrote:

so whens old avatar week
this
silmarilen
old avatar week is always the last/first week of the year, so 3 more weeks.
DeletedUser_4041880

Hi
TaylorSwift
cuz baby now we get bad blood.

Stay stay stay

loving him was like driving a new maseratti .....
UnderminE

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Lust wrote:

so whens old avatar week
this
oh I know that girl on your avatar
Birdy

UnderminE wrote:

oh I know that girl on your avatar
I know she's turkish so that wouldn't surprise me too much
Kappa FrankerZ
morning all
Shohei Ohtani
God, I've failed in everything I've tried to do

I came into college with the school expecting that I'd be a great tubist who was well liked by the school, with a lot of friends, and not wishing daily that I could be murdered. But it's not really like that. I'm literally at risk of being kicked out of the tuba studio because I've fallen so far behind, a lot of my friends are with me mostly because I have money or they think I'm autistic or something, or because they just enjoy making fun of me for various things. And every day, I'm either sitting in the back of class, on my phone because I've stopped giving a shit, or dozing out and getting yelled at for not paying attention.

I kind of used osu! as a way of calming down that sense of insuperiority, but every since about 2 years ago, I haven't even been able to feel that. I'm constantly ridiculed here even though I'm quite possibly one of the few people who even care about advancing this game in a positive direction, that is both positive for the community and mappers. I've been literally having break over barrier after barrier to try to achieve anything in this game, one of the last things I can say I'm legitimately passionate about, but either life takes me away from here, or corrupt moderation keeps me from achievement, since they know I'm a threat to everything they stand for. And it's not like I've even had much success with my mapping in the first place. Everything is "too outdated" and "not good enough", when I've put so much thought into the theory of how I map, that it's almost like a waste.

Just once, I'd like to feel like I'd accomplished something, you know. I'd like to be able to wake up and be like "yeah, sure, life may suck, but at least I've accomplished this one life goal"

Because after a few years, it starts to get to you. You start realizing that there's a reason you haven't accomplished anything. And it's not that I haven't worked hard enough, or that I'm not passionate enough, but rather because some people just aren't meant to be anything.
B1rd
Nice avatar. Cool guy tbh

And I feel the same way about things, but I think that even if you don't accomplish much it's best not to give up. Be realistic about your goals, and allow yourself breaks, just make sure to keep picking yourself back up. And about osu!, I think it's a lost cause. You should come to Tuuba instead. http://forum.tuuba.moe/index.php
-sev
Smooth
Zelda
Hey I used to know the artist of that character.
She's batshit fucking insane.
Birdy
Hey, I wanted to push this game forward too. Then the whole "Loctav - Desperate-kun - Mao" dynamic trio happened.

It's soon half a year from my last in-game visit. I couldn't do this anymore.
BrokenArrow
German dictators ruining the things we love since 1933
Birdy

Static Noise Bird wrote:

It's soon half a year from my last in-game visit.
And now it says "about 2 hours ago" on my profile. Who can I blame for this?
Shohei Ohtani
Pretty much things went to shit once peppy started trusting loctav with too much, and he got ephemeral on his side and convinced p3n and ztrot to take much less major roles

Once he took out the elites, it was all downhill

I was able to get some good stuff by pointing out stuff to peppy and having him deal with shit, but it seems to have regressed back to where it once was, lol
The Gambler
I just got myself a new fountain pen; a Pilot Metropolitan. Now I find joy in taking notes again.

Not the notes themselves however. And damn these ink cartridges are small...
Railey2

Reditum wrote:

Is my time over? Only in 6 short years? I feel like I've wasted my entire time, when I could have been something so great, I fell below the expectations of everyone around me and have ended a failure. Now as a new generation enters the game, I can't help but feel isolated every time I log on. I want to talk to people, but those whom used to give me solace have now moved on. I guess it's time for me to move on too. To become a silent observer rather than an active participant. I guess I had fun while I was here, but I guess the old have to leave and the new have to take over.
Is my time over? Only in 6 short years? I feel like I've wasted my entire time, but looking back, I contributed a lot to the game and peoples enjoyment of it by creating countless beatmaps that people still like to play and have fun with. 24 of them even got ranked, 15 of which have a rating better than 9,0. Now as a new generation enters the game, I can't help but feel isolated every time I log on. I want to talk to people, but those whom used to give me solace have now moved on. I suppose it is unfortunate that most people leave after some time, either because they don't enjoy the game anymore, can't support it for other reasons, or their private lives changed which doesn't allow them to continue playing. On the other hand, there is a steady influx of new players to whom I could talk and relate to. I could guide them and introduce them to parts of the game that they have not seen yet. Old friends are lost, new friends are made. People keep changing, but the joy that comes from being in company with people that share both my passion for music and this game, never subsides.

Reditum when did you get so pessimistic? If you want to talk to people, talk to them. People are everywhere in this game. Just because they are new doesn't mean that they are stupid or that you could never have a conversation with them. Or that they couldn't give you solace. You started out new and talked to older players too, at some point. If you lost what you had, get it once again. If you say that this can not be done, you are just lying to yourself. There is always new fun to be had if theres a sufficient number of people around. It turns out theres lots of people around here.
kirueggy
See I would've posted something about COOKIEZI FUCKING RETURNING HOLY but instead of being oblivious I decided to scour this subforum and the others for already existing "welcome back lgnd" posts and what do you know, I live to shitpost another day
abraker

kirueggy wrote:

See I would've posted something about COOKIEZI FUCKING RETURNING HOLY but instead of being oblivious I decided to scour this subforum and the others for already existing "welcome back lgnd" posts and what do you know, I live to shitpost another day
#BETTERSHITPOSTINGSOMEDAY
show more