forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
kirueggy

Momiji wrote:

wow a full day without posts in this thread has happened recently
I bet it's because a good majority of people are dying from the transition into the winter solstice

It's absolute hell over here. California needs water, not hypothermia
deadbeat

Green Platinum wrote:

You should perm ban me then for calling crap for what it is then.
i'm going to make this clear right here right now. calling something crap isn't the issue. what is the issue is your cancerous attitude to anything you don't like. you abuse whoever and then blow up the mods when you get silenced for your horrible behaviour, then act like you've done nothing wrong. i've seen what you've been silenced for, and you if honestly believe you've done nothing to earn those silences, then you need to grow the hell up. you shit on mods for not helping explain silences, so i give you advice and you get snide and shitty about it. tell me, why should we bother helping you when you need our help when you're just going to treat us like shit anyway.

next time you complain about mods being unfair, just remember that you put yourself in the situation you're in. stop blaming people for the mess you got yourself in.
Green Platinum
I give people the respect I think they deserve. If they post in a "Your reaction to" thread and cry when they don't get the happy response they wanted my opinion of them diminishes quickly and this part of me wont change with silences.
FuZ

Green Platinum wrote:

I give people the respect I think they deserve. If they post in a "Your reaction to" thread and cry when they don't get the happy response they wanted my opinion of them diminishes quickly and this part of me wont change with silences.
But why would you waste your time doing that? You're literally arguing with 14 year-old kids.
Green Platinum
I don't even know why I bothered with my userpage at this point.
Yuzeyun

kirueggy wrote:

It's absolute hell over here. California needs water, not hypothermia
France needs cold mid-November not fucking AUGUST weather
Mismagius
We've been having a bit of trouble with weather as well. I live in a rather ok climate-wise place, 20-27C here lately, but Rio has consistently gone over 40C and even southern cities are reaching that point. More expected here since summer is coming, but...
Shohei Ohtani
I've been gone and already there hasn't been any activity in the BN for this month. No new BNs, I don't know about BN removals, no activity in the forum, literally nothing.

It's frustrating that I literally have to baby the staff into doing shit correctly. I'd hope that the people with time to dedicate to this game would be actually doing so. If I had the choice, I'd drop all of this bullshit schooling to make sure everything was running as actively as possible. But nowadays I don't even have time to think about this game because I'm either busy with school or wishing I was dead.

It's like a living hell

I have no mouth but I must scream
piruchan
Seems like I'm not the only one with shitty weather

Shohei Ohtani
yeah i heard the people in france have pretty shitty weather too
Bweh

Green Platinum wrote:

I don't even know why I bothered with my userpage at this point.
I don't know either.

I think you need to find something else to do with your time.
A Medic
Are my french people ok. You guys had such a situation yesterday.
Zelda
they're dead jim
Shohei Ohtani
local french kids fucking die
Zelda
Sometimes my desk is a little tall

dNextGen
is that a dog that looks like cat or

a cat that looks like dog
A Medic
What a fluffy animal.
Spice_old_1
plate pizza
Vuelo Eluko
it's definitely a cat
possibly a mane coon, respectable pedigree
kirueggy
FUCK ISIS

Yo if you guys don't mind checking out my bud's blog @ http://grindlaygrump.blogspot.com/ then that would be superb.

I assure you it's not me, I don't have the time to do this shit on a regular basis lmao
Zelda

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

it's definitely a cat
possibly a mane coon, respectable pedigree
Close, but no. That is a Norwegian forest cat.

deadbeat
for some reason, this angers me greatly
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Well, yeah. Anyone would be angry if they bought that expecting a physical copy of the game, only to find that it's not there.
Mahogany
As much as I despise physical media and refuse to use it, it's incredibly shitty that you can't actually get the game data on a disc anymore.

Kinda defeats the point of physical media.
deadbeat
i really want to get it, but i really don't like EA
Mahogany
Please don't.

Just play Battlefront 2 instead. Now that game is a classic~
DeletedUser_3905941
intrinsic value btfo
A Medic

Mahogany wrote:

As much as I despise physical media and refuse to use it, it's incredibly shitty that you can't actually get the game data on a disc anymore.

People still buy the (digital) game for the same price as the actual CD, what's in it for the companies to waste $$$ on making discs when they can just get people to purchase a digital copy of it. More $$$ in their pocket. But a plus side to (digital) games is that you can always have that copy (as long as you have the credentials to whatever you downloaded it off of) forever, and it won't get dusty, broken, stolen, snapped or lazer burned.
deadbeat
why bother sell the game in retail stores then? just skip the middle man and continue making people to use origins like they're already trying to do
Mahogany
To be honest I have absolutely no idea since I hear that after all expenses are incurred the publisher only gets like $14 out of the sale of a $60 retail game compared to a split that must be massive for a digital sale.

There's absolutely no point to buy physical for PC anymore unless you like boxes.
Railey2

deadbeat wrote:

why bother sell the game in retail stores then? just skip the middle man and continue making people to use origins like they're already trying to do
-> more money for the publishers and a couple jobs lost in retail. Also a lot more friendly for the environment, because you skip production of the CD, the box it would come in, and emissions from the transport of the boxes (to get them to the retailers).

Seems like a nice trade-off, provided that you don't work in retail.
deadbeat

Mahogany wrote:

There's absolutely no point to buy physical for PC anymore unless you like boxes.
only reason i can think of is heavy internet caps. i had to be rather selective of what games i downloaded/updated when i was only getting 50GB a month :(
Mahogany
Well yeah, that's a good reason to buy physical, but as we can see, there are a lot of games nowadays where the physical box doesn't contain anything other than a download code and a steam installer...
Railey2
support local economy ;_;
Mahogany
It depends on the game store and I doubt gamestop and the likes need to be supported and I don't think a store that's small enough to deserve your support would stock PC games tbh ._.
Zelda

Mahogany wrote:

It kind of makes sense, though
Modern AAA games tend to require 30GB+ space, and shipping that on DVDs would give people flashbacks to installing Windows 95 using floppy disks.
Of course you could put the game on a single bluray instead, but then there's the problem that bluray drives never really got into the mainstream PC market. Bluray drives themselves came around at a time when optical drives were already being phased out of the PC world and now there are more PCs without an optical drive than there are PCs with one.
Not to mention the issue of the price of a Bluray drive compared to a DVD drive, even now Bluray is still expensive in comparison with the cheapest Bluray drive available being almost 5 times more expensive than the cheapest DVD drive. And it's the same story with the disks, while a pack of 100 empty DVDs can be bought for 25 USD*, a pack of 25 Bluray disks costs upwards of 100 USD*.

Of course since these prices come from consumer stores, they are probably lower for a corporation looking to slap the same data on a few hundred thousand disks. They should still represent the difference, though.

All in all, releasing games on Bluray disks is expensive and, for PC games, caters to an extremely small market. You might say that games could be released on USB drives instead, which I totally agree would be cool, but while those could be used by everyone with a PC, publishers would once again run into the price issue. USB drives are even more expensive compared to DVDs than Blurays are, and including one big enough to fit a modern AAA game with each "physical" copy of the game would be ridiculous from that perspective. And releasing games on DVDs is silly because then you'd have to include like 10 or more disks.

*Danish prices converted to USD, your prices may vary.
Railey2
the last game I bought physically, came with 5 DVDs. No more of that, no thank you.
Vuelo Eluko
giving everyone a 30 GB SSD with their game is not even close to cost effective. Everyone would end up with a USB RAID array eventually.

Honestly physical media is just dead when it comes to video games, and I'm fine with it.

But here's an idea, have a station in stores where you plug in your flash drive and the game is put on your device after buying.. It's not without its downsides but it would work better than having to use 50 dvd's, optical storage is fucking dead and we should move on. It's not going to stick around like magnetic storage anyway because unlike magnetic tape or disks it is completely inflexible. You have fixed sizes with fixed data limits. Bad news, we still use fucking magnetic tape nowadays for corporate purposes because you can make that strip of tape as long as you want and it's cost effective.

i understand optical disks have evolved, weve gone from CD's with their paltry 700 mb, dvd's with their 4-8, and now blu-ray, but everytime there's a 'leap', there requires an entirely new type of drive to be engineered and bought, imagine if you needed a different motherboard every time they came out with larger hard disks/SSD's or even flash drives? Utter fucking insanity, this is 1 reason why blu-ray never caught on for pc's because the whole thing is based on bullshit.

Equal in stupidity is consoles costing 400$ that can play games at 1080i which is basically 720p at the same quality settings a PC built for the same price can run at 1080p and would certainly outperform it at console resolution and also has all the functionality you get from having a pc instead which is too massive to try and list.

why would you pay 400$ for a weaker, locked down less-functional PC? All the components are repurposed PC parts now because AAA developers cannot be bothered to develop games for 2 different platforms, best to make consoles and computers basically the same but one ends up way worse as a result.

a pro of that is console porting isn't even a thing anymore console games will always run on pc unless there's bs DRM to crack, Console and PC both have x86 architecture now.
a con is that shitty console 1 can't be upgraded to be more powerful by individual component until shitty console 2 comes out and you have to scrap the entire old box and overpay once again for a computer that can't do computer things and runs games worse than a same price computer.

For god's sake. even Nintendo who were basically the last bastion of original hardware, true exclusives and interesting ideas are going to cave in and utilize a PC architecture AMD cpu into their next box.

It feels like the only reason AMD hasn't gone under when you consider how even the best AMD chip being worse performance-wise than over a hundred current nameable Intel ones, is poor people and lazy console R&D, oh and the fact that Intel hasn't managed to corner the market on budget chips, they only look forward.

The fact that for the price you just can't do better than an AMD chip is really keeping them from sinking. But it's also not giving them enough R&D money of their own to actually ever catch up. The fact is: CPU's are an investment, they last a freaking LONG time, essentially forever in my experiences, before burning out whether it's AMD or Intel. the vast majority of people, even those who would be fine with an AMD, save up a little more to get that delicious Intel performance that will mean more if they still are using it 5 or 10 years from now.

I'm using and AMD Phenom II x4 965, a left-over from the final time that AMD released a chip meant to compete with the very best intel chips in terms of price and performance. A bygone era it has become, but I still hold onto it because it's still pretty damn good and I love the spirit of competition it represents.

anyway enough autism from me, this has gone way off-topic.
Mercurial
So it seems that I can't change my avatar because of an "account verification" issue.

And I can't do shit since the mail I used to register in here doesn't exist anymore (Yeah, blame Hotmail/Microsoft for that).

So, yay! I'll be stuck with this avatar until ppy gets to help me (or someone else capable to do so).
Aurani
You do realise you can just.......... message the support team, right?

I mean it doesn't take a bloody Tesla to figure it out.
show more