Yuudachi-kun

Trash Boat wrote:

er, no. the other kind of spike.

Khelly wrote:

pffft
embed it or go home

EneT
I said: "GO CHANGE YOUR DNS."
That's legit advice; do it if you haven't already.
Trash Boat
and i said "er, no. the other kind of spike" lern2read dammit
Aurani
Ooooo

Tensions rise between Argentina and the GBR. Will this lead to a second Falklands War?
Trash Boat
we have space for Bosnia and Herzegovina as well :D
EneT
Are you talking about FPS then?
Trash Boat
frames per second? could be. yes. It doesnt happen that often but when it happens, its really annoying. actually Ill have to check it in depth, to make sure.
Aurani

Trash Boat wrote:

we have space for Bosnia and Herzegovina as well :D
Fuck Bosnia, you can have it. Rape it if you want.
Granger

Aurani wrote:

Just decided to try out Shogun's "Fall of the Samurai" after recently having watched Samurai Champloo, and WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK is naval artillery support doing there...... I just decimated an army 3 times my size without them ever having made contact with my troops.... but I have to admit, watching people flying around is the best feeling ever. I should've tried it out sooner.... I really should have.
Tell me about it, lel. Playing civ 3, spain declares war on me... spains millitary vastly outnumbers mine but... Well, i send tons of naval artillery, bombard the shit out of everything and capture spains cities with nothing but a mere few infantry units.

Its funny to see, i capture the first city, enemies troops run in to take it back and die to the dozens at its walls cause they literally have to walk trough a rain of fire. Good that in these games corpses just disappear or the city would have drowned in miasma.

Trash Boat wrote:

question, how do you deal with lag spikes? I'll really appreciate some answers that arent such as upgrade your hardware and alike, unless its inevitable.
Any idea what causes these lag spikes? Theres many reasons why a game could have lag spikes.
Aurani
At least you didn't kill your own general by shooting him with a fucking cannon ball. :p
B1rd

Aurani wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Have 3-4 spearmen and the have the rest as bowmen. Archers can shoot over hills and soldiers while gunmen must have direct line of sight. Archers also have a longer range. So in practice you can have all of your archers concentrating your fire on a single unit while the gunmen are still struggling to get into range.
It may very well be that archers have longer range and can shoot over barricades and hills, but what happens when the approaching army makes contact with you? The archers can fight in melee, yes, but they're at a disadvantage there compared to the regular infantry. Meanwhile, guns have shorter range and have to have a direct line of sight, HOWEVER, they're the deadliest once an enemy is up close. 3-4 mass volleys and all but the toughest enemies are either going to sustain a shitton of casualties or even rout if the fire was concentrated enough.

The key to winning a battle isn't to completely decimate the enemy force - it is to make them all rout, and guns and artillery do a much, much finer job at that than bows.

I favoured the bow over the matchlock in regular Shogun, as the matchlocks are sooooooooooooooo goddamn short on range and inaccurate, whilst having almost the same morale effect as fire arrows/whistles. They were just inferior in every way to the bow, but in FoTS it seems that the muskets do a great job at screwing the enemy force in the arse.

Of course, this argument works only if the balance of forces is equal or in enemy's favour, not if you have the upper hand. Bows will ALWAYS do a better job if you have more units than the enemy does.

Edit: I just lost my general in the dumbest way possible. Set my artillery piece to explosive shot, aimed for the enemy muskets and waited for it to reload and fire. In the meantime, I relocated my general to the right flank where the enemy didn't have any spears, so I could charge in after we meet - so what happens? The pathfinder decided that the shortest route would be in front of the cannon, so it fired RIGHT as he was in front of it with his bodyguards, being blown to pieces, raping half the people who were operating the cannon and another 20 spears nearby.
What a grim day to be a leader. lol
You underestimate the power of the humble bow, mate. What makes you think the approaching army would make contact? Not like muskets are particularly good at melee compared to samurai archers, and the best FoTS melee units are lightly armoured, which means they get mowed down by arrows. If the approaching army tried to melee, I'd hold them down with Samurai spearmen (which are an amazing unit, great defensive capabilities, fast, and cheap) and fill the backs of the enemy units full of arrows.

In in a ranged standoff? I put the cheapest shittiest archers or those cheap RoTS polearm units at the front in lose formation to absorb all of the gunfire, meanwhile sending volley after volley of arrows into the ranks of the gunmen while they're advancing or wasting ammo on my meatshield units. If they get into range of my main forces I simply pull back, keeping my meatshield units to keep the enemy from advancing any further. It's all about skirmish tactics and divide and conquer. And being able to concentrate fire is great advantage, and one that is often overlooked by the enemy. Did they foolishly put have their general in range of my archers or, even worse, put their general in stand and fight mode? Select all archers> fire arrows> fire on general unit. Goodbye general.

Oh, and look at the gem I just found while browsing my local gaming store http://puu.sh/kEQGT/98f46e9b5a.PNG
Shohei Ohtani
Im losing control of my mental state to where ive stopped being able to know if im doing things as a joke or not anymore
Yuudachi-kun

Reditum wrote:

Im losing control of my mental state to where ive stopped being able to know if im doing things as a joke or not anymore
You're depressed
Trash Boat

Steam why u no online?
Shohei Ohtani

Khelly wrote:

Reditum wrote:

You're depressed
Depression isnt a real disorder lmao
B1rd

Reditum wrote:

Khelly wrote:

You're depressed
Depression isnt a real disorder lmao
So being sad to the point you're suicidal for no apparent reason isn't a disorder? Of course it is.
UnderminE
I didn't die today

god bless
Granger
So in some parts of the city i live in, they started adding arabic signs under the street signs. cause the muslims refuse to learn German.

Why dont we just kick these shits out of Germany? Its not like they contribute in any way or anything.
UnderminE
Well we have the same problem, apparently that solution doesn't work (we tried).
Aurani

Granger wrote:

So in some parts of the city i live in, they started adding arabic signs under the street signs. cause the muslims refuse to learn German.

Why dont we just kick these shits out of Germany? Its not like they contribute in any way or anything.
Tell that to your government. It supported shitty muslims from Turkey and Bosnia, even going as far as to welcome them as cheap workforce in Germany. I said that to the British mongrel, and I'll say it to you: reap what you sow. :p

Oh, just heard about the bomb in Turkey. Heh, I bet it was a Kurdish guy who threw it... regardless, we need more of those.
Shohei Ohtani
It's like every day, Europe turns into Conservative America.

While also calling Conservative America retarded.
Aurani
What the shit are you talking about, mate. Every conservative party member in the Western Europe favours the Atlanticist stance - meaning they love sucking murrica's dick. You just contradicted yourself there.
Shohei Ohtani
Oh shit where are those people because the only people I come across are literally like "wOW!!!! are you hamBURGER!! what a stuopid AMERICAN!!! yeah got eat HAMBURG@!!"

which by the way I was able to eat a hamburger last night since I cashed in a paycheck and now own more than $12. Good stuff.
Aurani
I've never heard of anyone from the West say that murrica is retarded, as they'd rather make out with them, than deal with Russia. Then again, I don't know who you talked to, but most of the people I did were grown up people with mature political views.

It's most likely young and inexperienced people who immediately bash on murrica, because you gotta be cool and blame them for everything, even though the whole West rolled with it as long as murrica reigned supreme.

Bunch of hypocritical assfags, if you ask me.
B1rd

Granger wrote:

You're right. But tell that to liberals. You will get called a racist and probably arrested for hate speech or something.

You should join Pegida
Granger
I mean, im pretty liberal myself and id welcome them, but it drives me mad how they're dead weight at best and leeches at worst. Shit like that needs to be removed.
Keep the useful kebabs who integrate and become germans, kick out the useless kebabs who dont and turn germany into kebabland.
B1rd
Well liberals will say that you shouldn't judge people on race and religion, but liberalism isn't based on logic. You easily tell how easily a people will integrate into your society by looking where they come from. Asians usually integrate pretty well, they're hardworking and usually start up their own family business. However you can tell that a bunch of Muslims or Negros from a third world country are not going to integrate well and will be nothing but a negative influence in your country.
Aurani
Liberalism in Europe like we see today originated in the United States and is the main reason we see so many fucking muslims around. I don't have anything against them, as long as they stay in their own countries, far, far on the East. Islam is naturally an aggressive religion, much like Catholicism, but they keep their traditions alive and don't integrate at all in other countries, so it's an extremely invasive religion.

I'd say we just burn Turkey along with the whole Middle East and leave the other kebabs alone, as they haven't done anything.
Granger
You can make ASSUMPTIONS based on race, and some of this has some merit i wont deny (stems from the whole... you know, growing up without proper education thing, technological and cultural factors. Its important to know that this mostly comes from the location rather than from the race.), but i've also seen the opposite where negros do exceptionally well. Hell, i know some personally, so ill just have to say i disagree with you there B1rd.

I have to note there that all of these people with ethnic backgrounds and yet are successfull, are not religious, or at least just very little though. At least those i know. Then again, im avoiding religous people so i dont really have the chance to get to know successful, ethnic and religious people.
B1rd

Granger wrote:

You can make ASSUMPTIONS based on race, and some of this has some merit i wont deny (stems from the whole... you know, growing up without proper education thing, technological and cultural factors. Its important to know that this mostly comes from the location rather than from the race.), but i've also seen the opposite where negros do exceptionally well. Hell, i know some personally, so ill just have to say i disagree with you there B1rd.

I have to note there that all of these people with ethnic backgrounds and yet are successfull, are not religious, or at least just very little though. At least those i know. Then again, im avoiding religous people so i dont really have the chance to get to know successful, ethnic and religious people.
If you blame everything on religion, culture, and education you're lying to yourself, and anecdotal evidence doesn't prove anything. It doesn't make sense that different races that evolved in different climates of the world would be the same, nature isn't egalitarian and it didn't create all things equal. It might be nice to feel that things are that way, but when you think about it logically there is nothing to suggest that it would be so. Even when you account for things like wealth, education and social class, there is still a difference.

This guy has good informative videos on the subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHwzfpS0d2c
Yuudachi-kun
This is for you CDFA

IppE
So buying a gun equals to depression.

Neat, off to get that SRA rifle I've always wanted.
Yuudachi-kun

IppE wrote:

So buying a gun equals to depression.

Neat, off to get that SRA rifle I've always wanted.
He bought a gun too?! This is news to me
Trash Boat
Leaving the suicide topic aside, the VR users/party gamers may find this interesting.
IppE
*find
Bweh

Reditum wrote:

Are you particularly impulsive?
Aurani
Brian mate, this isn't the time to seduce him.
Trash Boat

IppE wrote:

*find
what are you talking about?
show more