forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bweh

Khelly wrote:

I think that given the fact it was in the middle of the night when no one was around except for two people, it doesn't matter. Are you trying to imply everyone's going to read every post that they missed?
I was around. Wanted to check OT while I was working on some projects late at night; nothing big. Still, when you post shouldn't matter. Some read, some don't, regardless of the time of day. What I'm saying is that someone's going to read that.

Khelly wrote:

That seeing some conversation between two people at times of inactivity suddenly makes the thread private and not for everyone else? Who comes to that conclusion when reading? (Yes I base this off of you trying to pass this thread as becoming a "private" group that excludes people)
Look, I'm not trying to imply that seeing a conversation spanning a page here would make the thread seem private and therefore "ruin" it. I mean, that by itself isn't a big deal. Worst case scenario, you ruin my expectations for a new page and I go back to work. I was mostly just talking about old OT and how the massive clique back then hampered a bunch of things. I guess we spoke past each other there.

Anyway, it's not much of an issue at this point, but it does make me worry. If that kind of behavior became commonplace with most regulars, we'd back to old OT and that would be a real conundrum.

Khelly wrote:

At the end of the day, all regulars don't have to sift through any post and I know I regularly just skip to the last page when I wake up or go away for hours.
Yeah but I mean, I sift. I know others sift; we all have our own browsing habits. I know one guy read through like 2000 of these pages once just for the hell of it. Even if it's weird I think acknowledging that and still refusing to act with that in mind is just inconsiderate.

Khelly wrote:

You say that since it applies to the rules that it applies to everyone, but to me it feels like you're just trying to get around what you were attempting tosay in the first place with the wojjan quote.
okay that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me I'm gonna need to clarification on this

Khelly wrote:

What is this, your tough guy act?
my way of saying that was really rude like really fucking rude
IppE

kirueggy wrote:

i have a strong feeling that i'm still on ippe's foelist because he never notices me
Why would I have you on my foes list? I don't even know you.
Yuudachi-kun
I felt that you trying to say for two people to take anything to pms with the specific text " that dresses one person in particular" and then going back and saying your addressing of me was OK because it was about the rules is just some bullshit way to ignore what you previously were trying to say.
Vuelo Eluko
the fact that im not on ippe's foes list makes me very happy, we've even had a few successful interactions

why cant everyone here be more like him
Vuelo Eluko

Brian OA wrote:

It was. People were afraid of posting in OT because it was made out to be some kind of secret club. If you didn't get along with the crowd, get their inside jokes, and know their three sizes, you were pretty much ostracized by everyone. Stuff got nasty at times, too.

The image still lives in older users and it might still be perpetuated today, but the situation isn't as bad since everyone left.

I think
so true, i think my issue was i was trying too much to get reactions when i first got here, now i cant be bothered to care enough to even do that.
Bweh
Okay, let me clarify that because I'm not trying to ignore it.

It's not specifically because I addressed you over the rules. That was just the most relevant example right next to baduk. Looking back I got a bit too into it, but like I said,
it's fine if you want to talk about baduk with only one person around here; I think it's pretty likely that you'd get someone else interested and everyone involved can have a good time.
Meaning, it's fine as long as the conversation can actually be of interest to others. Talking about rules involves others, and the same goes for games, maps, politics, and so on and so forth. Either way, people get in on that and come out a little better afterwards. That's quality content.

Problem is when you use the forums like a chatroom, where you're talking about stuff that is really only of interest in a private situation. Like if I asked you for your steam name? PM. Maybe asked you about a map you were showing around here earlier? That'd be okay. Some other people might care about that. Why weren't you around for the last hour? PM.

I hope this suffices.
Yuudachi-kun

Brian OA wrote:

Problem is when you use the forums like a chatroom, where you're talking about stuff that is really only of interest in a private situation. Like if I asked you for your steam name? PM. Maybe asked you about a map you were showing around here earlier? That'd be okay. Some other people might care about that. Why weren't you around for the last hour? PM.

I hope this suffices.
I don't think this is a problem for the designated chat thread in OT, but I guess neither of our opinions would change about that.
Bweh
It's not really a chat thread.

Chats are a bit too private for this, being an open forum and all.
Yuudachi-kun

Brian OA wrote:

It's not really a chat thread.

Chats are a bit too private for this, being an open forum and all.
I'm pretty sure this is the thread where people have chatted about random things that have occured or are on their mind for ages now.
Vuelo Eluko
i was trying to figure out why silm was being such a faggot

then i figured it out
Bweh
Yeah but talking about random shit is better for discussion and/or fun times for all than asking you for your phone number.
Yuudachi-kun

Brian OA wrote:

Yeah but talking about random shit is better for discussion and/or fun times for all than asking you for your phone number.
So is this a denail that it's a chat thread or a confirmation about what I said?
Vuelo Eluko
hes saying its not a pm box you cuck

kewl custom text i think im going to use this for every post
EneT

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

i was trying to figure out why silm was being such a faggot

then i figured it out
When?
Vuelo Eluko
when i saw khelly using his avatar
im a bit slow on the uptake
Bweh
I dunno, I'm talking more about what it should be, not what it's become.

In part, I guess. Sometimes people use it to chat in the private, doesn't-ever-belong-in-here way. You do see a lot of discussion happen even if it's just about random things happening throughout our day. Regardless, it shouldn't be the chat thread.
Mahogany
Khel you already made a fucking thread for this baduk shit go use that instead if you have to be public about it

Quite frankly what you're chatting about is boring as fuck and at least most people here can be entertaining when they're having a conversation or at least aren't just giving basic technical support
kirueggy

IppE wrote:

kirueggy wrote:

i have a strong feeling that i'm still on ippe's foelist because he never notices me
Why would I have you on my foes list? I don't even know you.
Very strong generalization here but it's because you and Lewder are both from Finland and Lewder foelists every shitposter he sees so I was thinking you two had that brotherly sense or some ethereal shit like that even though I don't shitpost anymore

OT: Damn guys it was like 1:00 AM in the morning U.S. time zones when Khel and I were talking about Baduk can't you just let this occasion slide once?
And I can't get this bullshit client to work on my Surface Pro 3 either fuck me
IppE

kirueggy wrote:

because you and Lewder are both from Finland
Lewder is Finnish Swede, we share very little of this "brotherly sense".
Bweh

kirueggy wrote:

I can't see Lewder and Ippe getting along well

Bro you shitpost all the time

and like I said, it's not that big of a deal.
kirueggy

Brian OA wrote:

Bro you shitpost all the time
Not anymore ;'(

unless OT started counting post quality then shit
Trash Boat
OT only brings post count on jizz
Bweh
I was re-reading my CYOA from a couple years ago and man I can't believe it

It was so brilliant it makes me sad I'll never have time for something like that again
kirueggy

Trash Boat wrote:

OT only brings post count on jizz
post quality
Trash Boat
>implying anybody ACTUALLY read the whole thing. Its like the LOTR book
Bweh
Dude I just did

I'd really like to try to do something better sometime though.
Trash Boat
Not that, kiru meant EVERYTHING. Did you?
Bweh
Oh, okay.
Yuudachi-kun

Mahogany wrote:

Khel you already made a fucking thread for this baduk shit go use that instead if you have to be public about it

Quite frankly what you're chatting about is boring as fuck and at least most people here can be entertaining when they're having a conversation or at least aren't just giving basic technical support
No one's there, so it's like it doesn't even exist. And hey, maybe I can too tell you what you're posting is boring as fuck and that you shouldn't do it either, Tooth.
Trash Boat
Who's tooth?
Yuudachi-kun
ColdTooth
kirueggy
oh wait shit did he change his name to mahogany or
Mahogany

Khelly wrote:

No one's there, so it's like it doesn't even exist.
If that's referring to your thread in GD, then tough luck, because nobody cares enough.

If you're talking about this thread, it's a thread, not a chat room. It does exist.

Khelly wrote:

And hey, maybe I can too tell you what you're posting is boring as fuck and that you shouldn't do it either, Tooth.
Go ahead

kirueggy wrote:

oh wait shit did he change his name to mahogany or
Yes I used to be MahoganyTooth but then Mahogany got freed up recently sooo
Yuudachi-kun
This thread is a chat thread and I treat it as such. It does exist.
IppE
Yuudachi-kun

IppE wrote:

Why do you and brian keep making things about sleeping
-sev
Vuelo Eluko

Khelly wrote:

ColdTooth
VinylDash14, the name he used before you even knew what a circle was.
back in winter 2013, when i called him a faggot in #osu and we almost became enemies
Bweh

Khelly wrote:

This thread is a chat thread and I treat it as such. It does exist.
Well I mean that's okay as long as everyone's happy

Worst case scenario, it's a good thing my standing here means my opinion is officially superior by default

Khelly wrote:

IppE wrote:

Why do you and brian keep making things about sleeping
It's vital to your health
Yuudachi-kun
You're not even a real mod though ahueahuehuaheua
show more