posted
Total Posts
show more
Hika
except me, thanks!
Bweh
That goes without say
B1rd
Rest in peace, dreams. I don't know what I have in life to inspire to now.
Trash Boat

B1rd wrote:

Rest in peace, dreams. I don't know what I have in life to inspire to now.
What happened?

Brian OA wrote:

Don't worry, everyone here is ineligible
Ayyyyy lmaoooo I never said anything about becoming a mod.
Railey2
to be honest, I always viewed mod-rights more as a restriction than anything else (given that I was interested in keeping them and doing a good job).
As a (good) mod, you are responsible for representing your team and the structure you volunteer for.
As a common user, you just need to represent yourself, which is what I'm best at anyways.

Thats how it was with the more serious jobs at least. Guess it doesn't apply that much to the forum here, but regardless.
Trash Boat
Question, does anybody here plays Trivia Crack?
Vuelo Eluko

Trash Boat wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Trash boat has a better personality than Ippe.
This is why we like you
define we
Aurani
Like Riley said, even if you are perfectly fit to be a mod here, do you REALLY want to be one? I mean, it would have a greater effect to lick a trash can, than being a mod here. The community is way too rotten for it to pay off.
AutoMedic

Brian OA wrote:

EneT wrote:

Go away Trash Boat, you're not getting mod status.
Don't worry, everyone here is ineligible
ICANTFEELANYTHINGBUTPAIN
Lewder
army today
wont post nearly as much maybe remember to dookie on some threads once in a while
Aurani
May the Russians grant mercy upon your soul.
Bweh

Aurani wrote:

Like Riley said, even if you are perfectly fit to be a mod here, do you REALLY want to be one? I mean, it would have a greater effect to lick a trash can, than being a mod here. The community is way too rotten for it to pay off.
Yeah, I'm perfectly aware of that given how I'm the one with the job. In the end there's really only one person I'd consider, but I doubt they'd be willing to do it.

Lewder wrote:

army today
wont post nearly as much maybe remember to dookie on some threads once in a while
Good luck, buddy.
Yuudachi-kun
I want nowt to do with being a mod.

Ok now that I said that and am pretending to not want something this should make me more likely to get that thing right?
Bweh
I think you're capable and a more likely candidate than most, but far from a first pick
Vuelo Eluko
it would be a good idea, because i'd leave OT forever if he became a mod.
Aurani

Brian OA wrote:

Yeah, I'm perfectly aware of that given how I'm the one with the job. In the end there's really only one person I'd consider, but I doubt they'd be willing to do it.
I don't know which criteria you're using to evaluate potential mods here, but I definitely see more than one capable of doing the job impeccably. I was a global mod of a certain game forum a few years ago and I can tell you, that place had infinitely better integrated rules than this place has, with a community that was as mixed in age as it can get, and everything ran perfectly fine there - and that place had more than a few mods which didn't have as much potential as some people here have.

Another thing to note is that you can't judge a book by its cover. Just because, for example, someone doesn't give two shits about this place as a user, doesn't mean he would do the same if he were in charge. People who are in charge tend to like the idea of leading others, and thus do at least a bit better than you would otherwise think. Point is, I see no basis for your claim that only one guy is capable of being a mod here. Prove me wrong, as I'd love to have an insight in your decision-making process.
Vuelo Eluko
it would be an even better idea to make aurani a mod because if he does i'll actually hack in std and get myself banned

anyway, on topic: i nominate b1rd to be mod
AutoMedic
I agree with Bassist here. B1rd should be your first pick due to his activity and brains
Yuudachi-kun

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

it would be an even better idea to make aurani a mod because if he does i'll actually hack in std and get myself banned

anyway, on topic: i nominate b1rd to be mod
I also nominate b1rd because he says what he thinks
Aurani
Lewder

Aurani wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

I don't know which criteria you're using to evaluate potential mods here, but I definitely see more than one capable of doing the job impeccably. I was a global mod of a certain game forum a few years ago and I can tell you, that place had infinitely better integrated rules than this place has, with a community that was as mixed in age as it can get, and everything ran perfectly fine there - and that place had more than a few mods which didn't have as much potential as some people here have.

Another thing to note is that you can't judge a book by its cover. Just because, for example, someone doesn't give two shits about this place as a user, doesn't mean he would do the same if he were in charge. People who are in charge tend to like the idea of leading others, and thus do at least a bit better than you would otherwise think. Point is, I see no basis for your claim that only one guy is capable of being a mod here. Prove me wrong, as I'd love to have an insight in your decision-making process.
ive also been mod for regional subforums in a community forum and global mod for a fairly large league of assfaggots community that have both since fallen ;_;7
i know for a fact people were content with my work but it's terrible and once you get over the first week's buzz of having power it becomes a menial terrible task and tl;dr moderating fucking sucks don't sign up for that unless you really care about the community enough

also i dont think off-topic needs much moderation, you lock so many threads taht you just encourage people to make new ones. i really like mr color's writing on the topic he gets it pretty right http://pastebin.com/2EeAMWnB
Bweh

Lewder wrote:

also i dont think off-topic needs much moderation, you lock so many threads taht you just encourage people to make new ones. i really like mr color's writing on the topic he gets it pretty right http://pastebin.com/2EeAMWnB
You know, I'm just going to throw all that new mod talk out the window because it's a rather moot point right now and focus on this one since it actually matters.

What exactly are you saying here? That I should just not lock threads and let you or other ironic shitposters bump them on purpose all day?
Aurani
Bweh
Aurani, how do you feel about contemporary art
Aurani
Are you asking me to compare it with others, or just my general opinion on it?
Bweh
I guess your opinion

I feel like it's something I could talk about for a while so I'm even tempted to make a thread for it
Lewder

Brian OA wrote:

Lewder wrote:

You know, I'm just going to throw all that new mod talk out the window because it's a rather moot point right now and focus on this one since it actually matters.

What exactly are you saying here? That I should just not lock threads and let you or other ironic shitposters bump them on purpose all day?
im saying that my opinion on moderating is a fairly extreme laissez-faire where i'd only do something by request or in the case of things like t/344481
the community will moderate itself, it's how things work especially in one whose culture is deeply rooted in being as terrible as possible while maintaining a good quirk to being terrible. you shouldn't ever reach a point where regular posters make new threads knowing they will be locked and in my eyes that's due to overmoderation in a too lenient way. locking a thread is a reward to some people and there's nothing inherently wrong with having a locked thread here and there but currently there are 23 locked threads on the first page of this forum.
sends a message, i think. new people who just look at the front page get the idea that this place is either pure shitposting (>implying it isn't) or a too strictly moderated place where they don't want to post out of fear of being punished for not making a thread that conforms to the subforum's culture.
Bweh
That's honestly a good point, for once. I'll keep that in mind.
Yuudachi-kun
Haha you counted the number of locked threads
Aurani

Brian OA wrote:

I guess your opinion

I feel like it's something I could talk about for a while so I'm even tempted to make a thread for it
I'm actually surprised why you asked me of all people for an opinion.

I'd support that thread wholeheartedly, so yes, go ahead and make one.
Lewder
also on the topic of overmoderation in a lenient fashion, just locking a thread without warning people is like giving a cookie for making another bad thread. i'm not saying first locked thread should be a warning, but some notice about the consistent level of quality in threads should be given. i obviously don't know how you've actually handled this but it seems like you just lock threads with a comment as the last post.
Bweh
Yeah, I'd say you're right. I feel like I had some semblance to a more rational approach to locking a thread, but it's become so commonplace it's almost like I have to meet a daily quota or something.
Vuelo Eluko

Brian OA wrote:

That I should just not lock threads and let you or other ironic shitposters bump them on purpose all day?
yeah
Granger
Having been a moderator on serveral gameservers and forums, ranging from small to large (largest was about 2k unique users per week i think?) i gotta say the pastebin is way too true and it kinda hurts actually.

First you explain all nice and everything, but eventually you think "this... again" and using the silence/freeze/ban buttons becomes more and more of a routine or you get angry or annoyed and end up taking action where none was needed...

And in regards to the locked threads, i think it should be like it works in FG, people need to learn to just not post in theads that are clearly shit or unwanted. Of course, FG is a shitty place but atleast they're doing that right. Locks wouldnt even be needed.
Lewder

Granger wrote:

people need to learn to just not post in theads that are clearly shit or unwanted.
"woops"
Milkshake
hey trash boat did I ever give u a permission to use ippebuns

the answer is
NO
Aurani
You're my mongrel now, Shake, bow before me and swear an oath.
Bweh
What are you even hoping to accomplish man

She's a terrible vassal that doesn't even finish her collaborations
Milkshake
BRIAN ARE YOU A TRAFFIC SIGN BECAUSE STOP
Aurani
She's my slave now, not vassal.
show more