posted
Total Posts
show more
The Gambler

Riince wrote:

french people are awesome
the food not so much
hope you like the smell of cigarettes and weird cheese cologne
That depends on which French you're talking about. Quebec or France?

Ironically it's Quebec that is more French as they preserved their culture and language better.
Kyonko Hizara

Hika wrote:

Yeah it was a per state thing but the Supreme Court ruled today that it is equal in all states starting today. Some churches are closing their doors for these marriages but all courthouses must be open to approve of them.
I'm not sure whether to be surprised or not that it barely passed with a 5-4 ruling. Already I had a feeling it would be passed but the ruling was so close.
Lewder

Aurani wrote:

Anyways, France awaits. See ya plebs in a week or so.
allahu akbar
Friendan

Aurani wrote:

Anyways, France awaits. See ya plebs in a week or so.
france awaits me in 6 days
FuZ

The Gambler wrote:

Ironically it's Quebec that is more French as they preserved their culture and language better.
What did i just read

Quebec people use words that don't even exist in the french dictionary

About the culture, i highly doubt they preserved it better than the "real" french people since they live in america, which is another culture.

They just have their own culture, it's like saying americans, english and australian people have the same culture just because they speak the same language
The Gambler

FuZ wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

What did i just read

Quebec people use words that don't even exist in the french dictionary

I don't know about the culture, but i highly doubt they preserved it better than the "real" french people since they live in america, which is another culture
They tend to use words that are more rooted in classic colonial French than the modern language suggests:

For example, Quebec French uses "le dejeuner" to describe the word "the lunch", while France uses "le lunch" instead, stemming more from the English language.

Idk what other examples exist as they're all I can remember from my school. Also I'd say just about the same with places such as New Orleans as they're also descendants of the Acadian French, which originally colonized Canadian regions.

Ironically, the Americans kept the original British accent better than the Brits did, if you've watched old British films.
Brique_old

The Gambler wrote:

For example, Quebec French uses "le dejeuner" to describe the word "the lunch", while France uses "le lunch" instead, stemming more from the English language.
Yeah dude, for le lunch I had some le pasta with le steak. The le sauce was really good I might say, if not a bit le greasy.
FuZ

The Gambler wrote:

They tend to use words that are more rooted in classic colonial French than the modern language suggests:

Idk what other examples exist as they're all I can remember from my school. Also I'd say just about the same with places such as New Orleans as they're also descendants of the Acadian French, which originally colonized Canadian regions.

Ironically, the Americans kept the original British accent better than the Brits did, if you've watched old British films.
I never heard someone saying "le lunch" your teacher probably saw too much memes, we say "le repas" "le déjeuner" "le dîner" but not "le lunch"

I regularly play with french canadians on vocal chat and i can assure you that they use way more english words or unknown french words like "ostie" "tabarnak" "criss" than european french.

The only thing that makes Québec "more french" than european french is the abusive use of french words in movies title, they don't call the movie "Cars" by that name but instead "Les Bagnoles" which is a familiar word to say "Les Voitures" and they do it for a LOT of movies (probably all). I find it ridiculous to translate a movie title but well..
IppE

Lewder wrote:

allahu akbar
The Gambler

FuZ wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

I never heard someone saying "le lunch" your teacher probably saw too much memes, we say "le repas" "le déjeuner" "le dîner" but not "le lunch"

I regularly play with french canadians on vocal chat and i can assure you that they use way more english words or unknown french words like "ostie" "tabarnak" "criss" than european french.

The only thing that makes Québec "more french" than european french is the abusive use of french words in movies title, they don't call the movie "Cars" by that name but instead "Les Bagnoles" which is a familiar word to say "Les Voitures" and they do it for a LOT of movies (probably all). I find it ridiculous to translate a movie title but well..
Touche. Guess that invalidates what our school board teaches then. Hmm...
xch00F
bad
xch00F
bad
The Gambler

Choofers wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

Touche. Guess that invalidates what our school board teaches then. Hmm...
you sdpelled touche wrong
Thank the English-USA keyboard of mine. I don't have accents on it
Friendan
Use international layout, only thing is that you have to press space after ^, ' , or "
touché
Hika
I don't like France.

International keyboard saves lives.
Kyonko Hizara
Steam got itself stuck on my Japanese keyboard for about a week before and even after turning it off it turned itself back on for that time.
The Gambler
Long time since you came here.
DeletedUser_3905941
do you mean a physical japanese keyboard or japanese keyboard layout on windows?
using a japanese keyboard doesn't instantly make you able to type in japanese afaik
Topic Starter
Wojjan

I laughed at all of Joshiraku's threads and all of them were locked, girls this is not how I raised you.
IppE
IME input is magic.

魔法ですよ

sup wojjan
Topic Starter
Wojjan
morning bob
Yuudachi-kun

Wojjan wrote:

morning bob
Who the fuck are you
IppE

Kheldragar wrote:

Who the fuck are you
So you never read OP?
Yuudachi-kun

IppE wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Who the fuck are you
So you never read OP?
Why would I in a few year old chat thread
Trash Boat
Did I miss- what happened to the title?
EneT
wtf
Topic Starter
Wojjan

Kheldragar wrote:

Wojjan wrote:

morning bob
Who the fuck are you
hi im like the gay gordon ramsay of off-topic its nice to meet u. (By which I mean die in a ditch cis 7-digit profile scum)
i can tell we're gonna be besties (you pink friday looking ass acceptance-seeking harlot)
nobody post dancing lolis if this bitch leaves ok?
Zelda
sup wojjan
EneT
You're pretty cool.
Topic Starter
Wojjan
Hi 7-digit profile scum i mean Renamon i mean Zelda how have you been

** Wojjan leans in to kiss, but never actually kisses you and just makes lip noises in either ear while your cheeks touch **

its so good to see u
Trash Boat
Hi Patchouli
Zelda
Been building lego robots. I've literally lost control of my life.
deadbeat
oh shit, Wojjan is back. sup
Topic Starter
Wojjan

Trash Boat wrote:

Hi Patchouli

good isyo battler077
-sev
what the fuck
EneT
You're probably going to be gone again after today anyways.
Topic Starter
Wojjan
Ok pretend like stephen fry is doing a documentary on zen monks in the afterlife, that kind of calm smug voice for this post:

"Here, we see the oldfag retreat from its former territory, shunned by the younger members of its clan after his endless hunt on the prairie. Yet, sure as the sun rises in the east, too the oldfag shall return in like, a fucking week - give or take a few days. This all-encompassing process is nature in its truest form, but the natives of this tribe know it under the ethnic 4-kanji idiom "触手強姦" [shoku-shu-gō-kan], which roughly translates to 'Having better shit to do.'"
EneT
I don't like the name of this thread now though; can you at least change it to something less gay before you leave again?
Topic Starter
Wojjan
Literally the first suggestion you make is good enough for me. Hit it girl. Hit it. HIT ME. YES DADDY.
EneT
OH SHIT THE PRESSURE IS ON ME!!

GIMME A SEC
show more