Trash Boat
Confirmed Aurani for MFU Person 2016 Awards
Aurani
MFU = Most fucked up?
Close enough, I guess :p
Trash Boat
Yuudachi-kun
Aurani
Bloody 3 hours before an 8 hour shift and I can't even fall asleep.
This day will be more than just lovely.
Ceph23
Have a nice day
Yuudachi-kun

Blue Stig wrote:

Aha I knew there was more to you than what meets the eye!
I have a feeling that it's going to be a while before I start doing anything substantial. I've been busy.

One day I'll be experienced enough to recommend games to Slowbeef.
I have a feeling he would enjoy Castle of Shikigami 3.
I have to check to make sure he has not heard about it already though.

xch00F
Birdy

Choofers wrote:

https://peaceoff.bandcamp.com/track/44-edit

mappable
Cool, never heard of this release before. Nice to see Drop the Lime, Venetian Snares, Xanopticon and other semi-familiar names on the same compilation. Thanks!
Zelda
AutoMedic
How can I ignore soneone who's annoying as fuck?
Blue Stig

Kheldragar wrote:

Mania reeks of curry
-sev

AutoMedic wrote:

Be more annoying than them
M0ua7on3w
i miss macacito
Zelda
So much that you made a new account to say that you miss yourself ?
Tsukimi Luna
how to get rekt
EneT

AutoMedic wrote:

Be an asshole, that's what I do
Ceph23
Being an asshole takes skill.
-sev
Not really, no.
Bweh

AutoMedic wrote:

Accept that there are more important things to do
Yuudachi-kun

Brian OA wrote:

AutoMedic wrote:

Like pleasuring yourself.
Aurani

Brian OA wrote:

AutoMedic wrote:

^This
Basically tell yourself that their existence is equally important to a random pigeon you saw today, taking a shit.
I tend to believe that every person on the Internet that annoys me, may as well not exist at all. Imagine them as mere pixels on your screen - not true people, as they will never have any sort of impact on your life. That's how I basically cope with 80% of the retards here.

Go read a book, get a part-time job or teach yourself something new every day, and you'll be surprised how meaningless some people are.
B1rd

Aurani wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

^This
Basically tell yourself that their existence is equally important to a random pigeon you saw today, taking a shit.
I tend to believe that every person on the Internet that annoys me, may as well not exist at all. Imagine them as mere pixels on your screen - not true people, as they will never have any sort of impact on your life. That's how I basically cope with 80% of the retards here.

Go read a book, get a part-time job or teach yourself something new every day, and you'll be surprised how meaningless some people are.
This just promotes a narcissistic mentality. If you want to ignore someone, just ignore them without belittling them. or you'll end up like Aurani here
Bweh
It depends on you; that's just how Aurani would do anything
Yoeri
Is ignoring people that hard?
Trash Boat

Yoeri wrote:

Is ignoring people that hard?
I dont know what are you talking about, I'm doing it very well
Aurani

Brian OA wrote:

It depends on you; that's just how Aurani would do anything
I fail to see how that is "narcissistic". Do you even know what it means to be narcissistic?

Belittling, on the other hand, is spot on. Of course I'm going to give zero fucks about someone I don't care about. There are over 7 billion people on this planet, and ONE puny person going on my nerves should matter to me.... how? Reevaluate your perspective, mate.

Also, I just realised I quoted Brian instead of the Aussie... too lazy to change it, though.
Trash Boat
You can always edit your post without people noticing it if you are the last poster at that moment.

On other topic, Steam removed all Skyrim paid mods, refunding everybody who paid for these. Apparently that was a bad idea.
Aurani
Of course it was a bad idea... not only is it rather shitty to profit even from mods, but the makers supposedly only got 1/4 of what people paid for it. That's just pathetic...
Zelda

B1rd wrote:

This just promotes a narcissistic mentality. If you want to ignore someone, just ignore them without belittling them. or you'll end up like Aurani here
So does this mean that you only just now figured out that aurani is a narcissist ?
B1rd
I wouldn't be against the idea as long as there were better standards. Standards for the mods themselves, so only quality mods could be monetised (there should be a system where steam has to approve of the mods, a bit like greenlight). And the mod creator should get at least 50% of the profit.

If people could get money for making their mods it would incentivise people to make larger and better mods, more people would get into the business and existing modders would be able to spend more time modding, as they'd be able to make a living off of it rather than it just being a hobby they do for free. Imagine Youtube if no one got paid for it.

Though there was a publicv outcry against it and Gaben listen. Praise Gaben.

Aurani wrote:

I fail to see how that is "narcissistic". Do you even know what it means to be narcissistic?

Belittling, on the other hand, is spot on. Of course I'm going to give zero fucks about someone I don't care about. There are over 7 billion people on this planet, and ONE puny person going on my nerves should matter to me.... how? Reevaluate your perspective, mate.

Also, I just realised I quoted Brian instead of the Aussie... too lazy to change it, though.
Maybe arrogant would be a better word, I get tired of searching through online thesauruses for half an hour to get a point across. I don't think you should waste time on idiots, but saying 'people that annoy me is some slight way are non-humans' is arrogance if I ever saw it. I don't really see any issue with the majority of people on the forum anyway, there are only a few people that I actually dislike to any significant extent.
Aurani
Thing is, of course that is a rather great idea you got there, BUT implementing it would take far too long and cost far too much for those greedy companies to give a damn. The entire point of that idea is to MAINLY pay the mod makers for doing it, and, unlike YouTube, mod makers would actually earn more money than Steam from it, in this example.
It just isn't swinging in their favour when it comes to profiting off of mods, so until they find a way to earn earn large sums of money while giving the creators only a fraction of it, it won't become a successful thing.
As it stands right now, it's an absolutely terrible, terrible implementation, and they should all feel ashamed for giving the poor buggers only 1/4 of it, on THEIR OWN creation.

About the arrogance part:
I never said they were not humans, I just said that I don't see why I should recognise their existence in the first place. I'm terribly sorry if you somehow got the wrong idea, but I'm not going to sacrifice years of my life because of random idiots (because the only people I ever ignore are just outright morons) who think going on my nerves is their priority in life. I'd rather live without a single care in the world, and still have people who genuinely care about me, than worry about what people who lack brain cells to such an extent that it's a wonder they're still breathing, think of me.
Vuelo Eluko
it's just a matter of waiting til my mouse click starts becoming a little too unreliable to play other games like dota and then ill be osu! full time

im against the idea of modders ever charging money for their mods since they are using an existing game to profit off of.. they can ask for donations at most. imagine if people charged you to download their beatmaps. it's not the same thing but it's similar.
Aurani
But, Osu EXISTS because of other people creating beatmaps. Osu is just a tool for people to create the core game from.
On the other hand, I don't see why you wouldn't charge people for downloading your mods. The game company and the distributor (Steam, for example) get something like 33% of all the profit you make, while you get 66%, so both you and the companies get something decent from it.
Not only that, but as B1rdman has already mentioned - it stimulates creators to actually put some goddamn effort into their shit and create MORE of it on top of that. Everyone profits, no?
Vuelo Eluko
if someone wants to make money off game design they should make their own game not leech off of other peoples creations because it's easier, mods are a welcome thing but they should be free.
show more