forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Trash Boat
That seems like an interesting and expensive way to pass the time. Thanks.
Granger
Not much more expensive than doing it on one screen beyond the inotal purcase of the additional monitors.

Also i think having mulitple screens is pretty damn convient. On one screen a game in fullscreen mode, the other with the chat program of choice, logs and stats like cpu usage... Then maybe another with videos to the game you're playing like playtroughs (loluscrub). Its handy to have all this ready to view and not obstructing each other.
And also being able to keep your spycams in sight while you game.
Aurani
A lot of unnecessary shit becomes convenient when you have an average salary of bloody 4k Euro per month in your country.
B1rd
I have another monitor sitting a few metres away from where I'm sitting, don't really see the point in using the extra power and space just to alt-tab less.
Granger
Well, you should consider that while you earn much more money here, housing and even simply living is much more expensive too.

Its pretty akward to have some countries consider me rich while i struggle to make enough money to pay the rent for my 2 room appartment.
Aurani
Well, not you personally, since you're barely old enough to have a proper job, but your average salary and general cost of whatever ratio is such that you can afford most of it even with a mediocre job. You'd NEVER even think of getting 3 bloody monitors here, unless you have a higher paid job, simply because it's not such a necessity.
I already went over the lifestyle of other European countries with a Scandinavian friend of mine, and we both came to the conclusion that the salary to price ratio is nowhere near as bad in the west, as it is in the eastern part of Europe.

Not to mention, you can't help but cringe when you see a guy wanking in Norway, getting a job because the government got it for him (he even had the option of choosing what bloody job he wants, and how far away from his home), going to work only 2 days a week for 2 hours, and getting enough money to bathe in it, despite literally not having even finished college - because logic.
Meanwhile in Serbia, people with 3 goddamn degrees are starving to death, so no. :V
Zelda

Granger wrote:

Well, you should consider that while you earn much more money here, housing and even simply living is much more expensive too.

Its pretty akward to have some countries consider me rich while i struggle to make enough money to pay the rent for my 2 room appartment.
Tell me about it. If I was rich, I wouldn't have had to downgrade to a normal desk while saving up for a new motorized deskstand, and I don't think I would be using PC hardware from 2008 either. But well, here I am with a desk that cannot be raised or lowered and a motherboard that's living on borrowed time.
Shit, if I was rich, I might even be able to save up a bit more than the equivalent of 60 EUR per month, that would be awesome.

Sure, I have enough money to lead a fairly comfortable lifestyle, but rich ? Puh-lease. Anyone with less money than me is piss poor, that doesn't make me rich.
Ceph23

Zelda wrote:

Anyone with less money than me is piss poor
I'm more like dirt poor thank you very much.
Blue Stig

Trash Boat wrote:

I still wonder why people needs more than 1 monitor. Tabs exist for a reason, you know?
Multiple monitors are really useful for quickly displaying information.
You could have an essay on Word in one and an outline on OneNote in another.
You could use firefox in one and winamp/itunes in another.
Minecraft and the wiki.
Coding.
Whatever.
Multiple monitors are useful if you know how to use them.
Aurani
Or you could... you know.... tab out. :V
I do think they can be useful if used for a job or if you really want to surround yourself with them and immerse into a game, but you can't possibly tell me you'd pay a couple of fucking thousand Euro for a convenient way to display goddamn information of all things...
Zelda
A couple thousand euros, lol what
Do you realize how ridiculously overexaggerated that is ? You might want to do some research before you blurt out random numbers, even a nice IPS monitor doesn't have to cost more than 250 EUR.

Basically what you're saying is that you haven't used more than one monitor, so obviously it must be useless because you can just tab out of things. You don't realize how inconvenient that is until you've experienced not having to. It's like membrane keyboards to mechanical keyboards, sure membranes are fine if you've never used a mechanical keyboard, but once you make that switch you're never going back.
Aurani
Well, I wasn't talking about your country's prices, but mine. Here, a normal monitor with at least a semi-modern design costs almost 1k Euro, so yes, having 5 of them would result in you spending a couple of thousand Euro on them, thus me proving my point.

Second off, I do have two monitors, and yes, it's definitely more convenient, but not exactly a necessity - but I do agree with you on the point that once you start using it, the sheer convenience of not having to do that many things on just one monitor does make you not want to go back to only one again.
AutoMedic

Ceph23 wrote:

Zelda wrote:

Anyone with less money than me is piss poor
I'm more like dirt poor thank you very much.
I dont even have a computer

Where's your god now

Just kidding. I sold mine to a stranger. I wanna stop playing games and start doing something productive for once
Jazz
The topic of being poor or rich is subjective. You can be rich in one country but be different on other places.
Blue Stig
Tabbing out gets old quick.
It feels much better to be able to look at things while doing other stuff.

As far as price it might be expensive but you have to think of the mileage.
If you take care of your monitors you should be able to use them for many years.
Vuelo Eluko
having multiple monitors is like the training wheels of multitasking

step it up, tabbing is what real hardcore non casual scum do
Blue Stig
I'm not saying tabbing is useless.
Tabbing is good for some stuff.
It's just does not fit some situations.

What I wish I could do is synchronize programs so that I could tab between different sets of programs.
That way you could perhaps have LoL and your twitch broadcast as a set and osu! and the forums as another.
-sev

Blue Stig wrote:

That way you could perhaps have LoL
LoLno
Trash Boat
Damn, my head hurt as hell. Anyone can recall what happened yesterday?
AutoMedic

Kaienyuu wrote:

Blue Stig wrote:

That way you could perhaps have LoL
LoLno
Niceme.me
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Jazz
Who would've thought that plumbing would have so much sexual innuendos in it
B1rd
so now mania 1K is a thing. like what even...
Granger
ITS FOR 500 BPM SINGLE TAPPING YE GODS

Yeah, beyond that i dont know either...
Jazz
Because lonely guys need to practice for their 2d waifus
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Kyonko Hizara
If I were a 2d waifu I'd at least want 2
Jazz
They're lonely, they wouldn't know girls want 2.
Trash Boat
4. maximum.
Aurani
4 is for mongrels and pussies, 25 is the way to go.
Trash Boat
I bet that mongrel is your favorite word, right?
Aurani
Good that you could figure it out on such short notice. :p
Of course it would be, as it perfectly describes many human beings I've met.
IppE
Huzzah, my fairly unjustified 85h silence is over!

الحمد لله
Trash Boat
Why do you keep getting yourself in trouble? I'm afraid that you could get banned at any moment because the X infringements remaining is missing
IppE
I've already been banned once so that wouldn't be anything new really.
Trash Boat
What in the... Tell us more
IppE
Or how about you go dig around if you care that much.76413

Birdy
mass banned laadukkaik xd
Trash Boat
Give me a shovel, a starting point and we are good to go
Vuelo Eluko
somehow theres an extra slot under me on the first page of my friend rankings.
someone above me got banned.
i cant tell who it was

SPOOKY
show more