forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bweh
It's not really the vivid character—I think both get plenty of development throughout their games and in spin offs for you to fully understand them—it's just that I prefer the dumb king of knights over the dumb emperor. For reasons I can't put down on a Christian forum board.

I sure fucking can
IppE
Best Fate girl is Elizabeth Bathory.

Illya is fine too.
Bweh
Doutei and stuttering doesn't make you a best
Aurani
Oh well, I guess it's just down to personal preference then, can't argue about that.

That would be normal sex, though.

Also, have you even tried drawing something other than Saber from the Fate universe?
IppE
How can you not like this

Bweh
Nero, BB, Kotomine, Archer, and tamamo a few times

Some other characters here and there I wouldn't bother to remember

IppE wrote:

How can you not like this

I'm not into it

Too mad and too lewd
Aurani
Speaking of drawing - how much time on average do you actually need to finish one of those pixiv ones you have? I do have a knack for it, but I'm absolutely lazy as hell when it comes to it, and can't be bothered practicing at all....
Bweh
A couple of hours. Before it would take maybe up to eight but you get faster the more you do it. Waste less time figuring stuff out. Lines take up about half an hour, usually.

If you want to draw I suggest making a habit of it. I frequent draw threads on /a/ for that but yeah
Aurani
I just wish there was an easy way of doing it - without practicing for months upon months. I usually half-ass stuff, so it's not surprising I seek such a solution there as well.

The thing about making a habit of it is basically that I can't, as I can't refrain from looking at other people's drawings and going like "how in the bloody world did he/she colour that one?? I can't possibly do that, not even if I gave it my best.... well, time to give up on this shit." - it's some sort of curse, on top of the abovesaid.
Bweh
If it was easy you probably wouldn't want to do it. There's nothing in this life worth getting that doesn't demand just as much effort. You already know what you have to do.
Aurani
Well let's say I do start practicing day upon day - how am I going to overcome the second problem? I pretty much immediately become disinterested if I see someone's professional drawing. It's not so much the outlining or details, but more so about colouring, since I absolutely can't figure out how to properly shade or merge colours at all. It becomes a bloody mess, and then to add insult to injury, I see some random guy commenting on one of his drawings and being like "lel took me an hour to do it!", when it's eons away from what I could achieve in 20 hours of work.
Bweh
Yeah, I feel the same way when I look at artists like LM7 crank out masterpieces like it's nothing. They understand color and light in ways I can't fathom, but hey, I know I can get there as long as I keep at it. I know that I figure stuff out every time I draw or paint something. Not much, but it's a step. And it'll probably take a million of them before I'm satisfied with my work, and then maybe a million more before I don't feel like a bug compared to the old masters. But if I'm going to throw in the towel just because the road's too long or because it's too hard, I probably shouldn't have picked it up in the first place.

Besides, most professionals have been breathing drawings since they were babies. They were, at some point, standing where you were looking at Monet or Dali and just thinking "what the fuck how." Until they figured it out, of course.

If they make it seem easy that's cool, but it honestly isn't. They're backed by decades of experience and centuries of theory and study.
Trash Boat
Just start with something little, no need to rush into the big stuff. Take your time and keep yourself animated
Aurani
Well, you've certainly rekindled my fire when it comes to drawing, and I just hope I won't lose the passion along the way like I did before. There's still one more thing I'd like to ask you - do you know of any proper colouring tutorial, with the focus on "proper"? I've probably read dozens of them, and they're either too complicated (require you to have at least 2 years of Photoshop experience, so not much of a "tutorial" if you ask me) or just utterly feel like "what in the bloody fuck did they put in your drink when you were making this?", as it's just complete gibberish.

ONE proper tutorial is all I need to start learning something out of my work....
Bweh
Or just draw what you like.

Kinda pointless if you don't have fun with it
Kyonko Hizara
I've only just got back into drawing over the past couple months after doing nothing for years.

One of my friends always told me I need to finish everything as fast as I can, but then what I do doesn't turn out how I wanted it to. I spent 2 hours just doing the sketch of something I'm working on to get it just how I want it and I like it so much better and I don't feel stressed about what I'm drawing anymore.
Bweh

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I've only just got back into drawing over the past couple months after doing nothing for years.

One of my friends always told me I need to finish everything as fast as I can, but then what I do doesn't turn out how I wanted it to. I spent 2 hours just doing the sketch of something I'm working on to get it just how I want it and I like it so much better and I don't feel stressed about what I'm drawing anymore.
I agree: you don't need to rush anything; focus on doing it properly. Speed will come after you've become comfortable drawing said subject. Drawing isn't some battle where speed is of the essence.

Aurani wrote:

Well, you've certainly rekindled my fire when it comes to drawing, and I just hope I won't lose the passion along the way like I did before. There's still one more thing I'd like to ask you - do you know of any proper colouring tutorial, with the focus on "proper"? I've probably read dozens of them, and they're either too complicated (require you to have at least 2 years of Photoshop experience, so not much of a "tutorial" if you ask me) or just utterly feel like "what in the bloody fuck did they put in your drink when you were making this?", as it's just complete gibberish.

ONE proper tutorial is all I need to start learning something out of my work....
If I was you I'd look into values before picking up color. Learn how to shade and create the illusion of depth with shading, values, and line weight.

I can't find this one great blog post about color, but I'll PM it to you if I find it. I recommend you look at what artists do to color certain elements. Color picker that shit and note how hue, value, and chroma changes accordingly in different lighting conditions with different materials. I don't have any strict coloring tutorials, I'm afraid. But you can find plenty here https://sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

I also recommend reading this http://www.huevaluechroma.com/index.php , particularly the part about principles of color. Take your time reading it; it's somewhat heavy but very helpful.
Aurani
Thanks mate, I knew you'd be of great help!
Well, time to throw myself into it, since I have around 12 days worth of free time. If there's a good time to start it, it's definitely now.
Trash Boat
Don't forget to keep yourself inspired
Yuamkiayuurei
Hmm... drawing...
Well I have a 4 (our grading system here goes from 1 to 6, 1 is best; 6 is worst) in arts, so there's that I guess

Nooo in all seriousness though, I really don't think I could possibly draw something decent mostly because
-I don't really have time
-I don't know what to draw
-Thanks to ADD I probably won't be able to focus on it for any more than half an hour
-Oh and I plainly lack artistic talent/skills/abilities to learn things easily

:/
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Granger
Well i had good grades in art an people regulary commented on my art but it seems like my skills are liminted to geometry and depth. Cant draw humans or animals for shit, expecially faces.
Welp time to become a background artist for some VN group.

Oh wait, i cant digital.
Kyonko Hizara

Trash Boat wrote:

Don't forget to keep yourself inspired
I only draw if I have inspiration. If I don't, then I don't see a use in even drawing.
Trash Boat
Exactly
AutoMedic
I still remember back then in high school, where I used to cut classes alone (i leave house but i don't go the campus building). Those times we're really fun
Aurani

BRBP wrote:

Do you even enjoy the process of drawing and coloring? If you do, thinking that you'll never be the best or as good as the people who devote their entire lives to art is not a proper reason to give up, it doesn't make any sense. Only caring about having the final product, a nicely colored animu grill, to post to DA for compliments is a terrible motive to draw. I'm not surprised if someone doing so gets stuck at a below-average level and quickly finds themselves uninterested of drawing/coloring.
Actually, no. The ONLY reason seeing other people's works brings me down is because I have a highly competitive spirit, so not being able to advance while they're giggling over how little it took them to create their masterpiece isn't going to bode well on it.

I have never properly finished a drawing, because I always have something new to add to it, and I refuse to leave it at that, so I do care about the final product very much, but that is still not a reason to not enjoy the making of the drawing itself. Since I don't have a DA acc, I can't be fishing for compliments, and in fact I haven't even showed my works to many people because I don't see the reason of asking someone with their own preference and style about how my own looks like. Only I can be my own judge.
Zelda

Aurani wrote:

The ONLY reason seeing other people's works brings me down is because I have a highly competitive spirit, so not being able to advance while they're giggling over how little it took them to create their masterpiece isn't going to bode well on it.
Isn't this the exact opposite of being competitive ?

Aurani

Zelda wrote:

Isn't this the exact opposite of being competitive ?

In normal circumstances, yes, but how can you hope to beat someone in something, if you can't even advance and learn from your own mistakes? You can't compete if you can't even enter the competition to begin with.
B1rd
not increasing your skills as a result of practising something is pretty much impossible. It's the same with any skill, the road to getting better is obvious. Indulging in self-critical thoughts is only going to be detrimental to getting better.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Apex_old
untitled
Trash Boat

Apex wrote:

I'm preparing an academic project:

(放第十放映室开头)
多数的电影评论家都会无异议地认为,在日本的整个电影史中,最闪耀最光彩的一刻应该是二十世纪中叶产生出来的年代久远的“时代剧”。在有限的空间和成本里(后者尤为重要),能够表现出无限的主旨和情节,对战后经济复苏的日本立下了文化基础。 “时代剧”不言而喻的最代表性的人物是黑泽明。
在“时代剧”中,日本近代以古讽今的文学为此类“时代剧”起到了决定性的作用。黑泽明的第一部时代剧就是芥川龙之介的两篇小说《密林中》和《罗生门》改编的叫做《罗生门》的电影。这样的重制手法可算是再次的以古讽今,所以今天我们打算透过《密林中》改编的电影《罗生门》中所采取的变动的原因来从黑泽明的视角理解《密林中》的这种以古讽今。(移到第二张)
有奖问答!答对了有薄荷糖!第一题:请问一下芥川龙之介出生年月日为何?:
如果打错了,回复“用百度吧。”
如果回答对了,给予答题者薄荷糖,把答案打入PPT,移到下一个问题。
第二题:请问一下芥川龙之介逝世年月日为何?
如果打错了,回复“用百度吧。”
第三题:请问一下他的家世怎么样?
如果打错了,回复“用百度吧。”
第四题:他为什么会成为作家
如果打错了,回复“用百度吧。”
第五题:他的写作风格是什么?
如果打错了,回复“用百度吧。”
第六题:他的写作风格受到谁的影响?
如果打错了,回复“用百度吧。”
第七题:他的著名作品有什么?
如果打错了,回复“用百度吧。”
请大家拿出自己的《罗生门》,翻到
(移到第三张PPT)接下来我们要讲的是《密林中》的结构:《密林中》是一篇现代主义短篇小说。(点击1)我相信在这里的大家都对现代主义有些许眉目。在座的各位有谁能告诉我现代主义是什么吗?
如果打错了,回复“用百度吧。”
如果回答对了,给予答题者薄荷糖,点击PPT,显示出正确答案。
现代主义这个流派分成两个时间段:十九世纪浪漫主义反对资本主义;一战后反对启蒙时期理性主义,但是本质没有改变。现代主义的代表是:意识流,和一种“新古典主义”的对历史的重制,即“以古讽今”。(点击2)代表作有:《罪与罚》,《草叶集》,《荒原》,《尤利西斯》,《追忆似水年华》。(点击3)(可以询问在座同学关于各个作品的了解)
《密林中》是侦探小说,但是每一个人的证词不符合,这篇故事的开放性结局导致最后真相不明。这在同类型的小说中是罕见的。但是当我们了解芥川的写作风格后,隐蔽真相的目的就会明朗了。(点击4)芥川的作品以讽刺人性的恶为主:故事的立意是表达人性和客观事实之间的矛盾。没有说出我们常常认为是客观,正确的真相,让读者主观认为人性是客观真相的反面。(点击5)
黑泽明曾经在《罗生门》上映四十周年时接受过记者关于改编《罗生门》电影的采访,

剧本:
记者 谷歌翻译饰
黑泽明 黄韦翔饰
一张桌子,两个椅子,一台笔记本电脑
(移到第四张PPT)
记:大家好,我是NHK记者谷•隔凡一。今天我们来采访大导演黑泽明的身世。大家说你是武士世家的老幺是吗?
明:是的,(点击1)我爸是中学体育部长,我妈是大阪的商人。(点击2)
记:青年时你想成为一位画家,为什么到后面放弃了?
明:一张帆布上的表达空间是十分小的,而且其实我的画工不好,所以我就把帆布变成了胶片,成为了电影导演。(点击3)二战后我拍摄时代剧获得了很大的成功,《罗生门》,《七武士》,《用心棒》,(点击4)还有最后的《影子武士》和《乱》。(点击5)
记:那是我们见到的最后一次黑泽明。他在1998年9月6日在东京死于中风。我还记得三年前《罗生门》放映四十周年时我们的采访(移到第五张PPT)
明:四十年前,那是我拍摄完新类型的电影《我对青春无悔》和《泥醉天使》的四年后,(点击1)电影公司要求我拍一部新电影。这时一个叫桥本忍的毛头小子到我这里来,初生牛犊不怕虎,自己改编了一部由芥川龙之介两篇短片小说《罗生门》和《密林中》合并的叫做《罗生门》的剧本。(点击2)
明:这小子还挺厉害的,掌握了现代艺术的那种极简主义。不要以为我变成导演之后就忘记了怎么画画。剧本低成本,表达空间很大,罗生门和法庭的布景都十分简单,森林随便找一处就行了。(点击3)然后桥本成为了我的助理编剧,我们一起拍摄了很多电影。(移到第六张PPT)
记:桥本采取的主要变动是什么?
明:我就这样说吧:《密》的两个配角在《罗》的设定里讨论着《密》里大家的对话,但是最后却表达出了《橘》的乐观气氛。(点击1)《罗》里的老婆婆变成了一位弃婴,仆人变成了一位“下人”。(点击2)仆人和下人抢劫老婆婆和弃婴,然后在大雨中逃出了罗生门。(点击3)但是到最后樵夫说出真相,养弃婴。一开始的乌云密布倾盆大雨的天气最后变成晴朗万里无云的天气,和尚对人性恢复了希望。(点击4)
记:那么桥本为什么要采取这些变动?(移到第七张PPT)
明:这个剧本很像《呼啸山庄》,是一个“故事中的故事”。这样的优点是把两者的氛围都表达了出来:网状叙事被包罗在阴天大雨中人性的恶化。(点击1)
明:而且在芥川的两个故事的里,受害者那就是被抢劫的人和事情的真相没有得到好处或被伸张,好人遇害,这太悲观了;所以桥本给了这两个受害者益处,最后塞翁失马,焉知非福。(点击2)还有一个大家都经常忽视的变动,天气。天气是最能够表现氛围的设定。到了影片最后天气从郁闷的倾盆大雨变成了希望的晴空万里。整个电影的心理就变了。(点击3)(移到第八张PPT)
明:呃……对不起,我好像跑题了。来说变动的原因吧。我战后想要拍乐观一点的片子。《我对青春无悔》是一群日本青年人在日本侵略满洲后反战的故事。我不想拍普遍的反战片,太压抑了。所以我让所有角色在战争时收到的冤枉和痛苦都在战后得到了补偿。(点击1)《泥醉天使》也是这样子。医生与他的一个患肺结核的匪徒病人的故事。匪徒死了,但是他获得了救赎,(点击2)所以《罗生门》的乐观就不言而喻了。(点击3)
记:为什么改编出来的《罗生门》是乐观的?
明:我为什么一定要拍压抑的片子?当时日本是战败后的国家,我为什么要拍不乐观的片子来打压已绝望的国民们?我为什么不能重视当时的环境,拍乐观的片子,让大家拥有继续活下去的勇气?(点击4)而且更重要的是如果桥本忍没有写出最后那个乐观的结局,我也不会跟他继续合作。我也不会拍不乐观的时代剧。(移到第九张PPT)

透过分析后,我们得出以下这几个结论:
《密林中》是一部通过的短篇小说。古文一因为年代久远,具有相当的权威,二因为古文有着民族的传统,还有更重要的,一个民族的根。以古讽今可以达成一定的文学成就。我们在今天也可以变动古文来评论今天,写作文或论文时都可以尝试。
真相是好的,因为它客观,而且更重要的是永远是正确的。所以蒙蔽真相的行为,例如撒谎,欺骗是反对客观性和正确性这些属性本身,所以会导致讨厌。
人性是具有多重性质的,视角和人格的不同会导致、对人性理解的不同。芥川眼中的人性是武士,女子,和山贼的撒谎,抢劫他人的利己,和仆人人性的恶化;黑泽眼中的人性加了领养弃婴的爱,和樵夫从偷窃者变成养育者的救赎。
最终得出一个关于《密林中》的结论:《密林中》是一个愤世嫉俗者以古讽今,用人性威胁真相以丑化人性的故事。
(放第十放映室结尾)
what
Bweh
It's an essay about what he learned about his sexual attraction to dead animals and how he's been cataloging it as far back as 1998.
Kyonko Hizara

Brian OA wrote:

It's an essay about what he learned about his sexual attraction to dead animals and how he's been cataloging it as far back as 1998.
Is he a homosexual necrophiliac?
Bweh
He is now
DeletedUser_4041880
My ears are drowning in pleasure

Trash Boat

Frostei wrote:

My ears are drowning in pleasure

All hail the Ice Queen for delivering this masterpiece to us
Kyonko Hizara

Brian OA wrote:

He is now
Just like a duck
thelewa
this thread has reached its apex
Bweh
If that was the case we'd all be better off with me locking this and starting a new thread.
show more