forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyonko Hizara
I had a teacher last year that used her cancer as a way for the students to throw her a pity party. I feel bad for her that she has cancer, but she shouldn't be using it for pity.
BrokenArrow
so I guess I'm in the minority that has teachers that are super humble and generous
I am allowed to call most of the by their fornames in school, we're having barbeque parties at their house in the middle of the week and they give us good grades if they see that we try hard
they're pretty chill
silmarilen

silmarilen wrote:

im glad mine are rational
Azure_Kite
I'm in a nightclub and I feel incredibly out of place. My friends are DJing, and I'm just sitting here, sipping beer.

How 2 social interaction.
-sev

Azure_Kite wrote:

and I'm just sitting here, sipping beer.
this is why I avoid nightclubs like the plague
Apex_old
untitled
AutoMedic

Apex wrote:

Alcohol beverages are some of the most worst and pungent shit I've ever tasted. The last time I tried a vodka shot I had tears welling out my eyes, wine is more mellow, but just tastes like bitter vinegar.
This is why I hate alcohol

Wine is a bit tolerable, but beer, vodka or something similar isn't
BrokenArrow
because you drink alocohol for its taste
AutoMedic

BrokenArrow wrote:

because you drink alocohol for its taste
But the taste is horrid

how to, senpi
Hika
ez, just drink

i didn't think you could get used to beer, like what people said but it truly is an acquired taste because I'm sure to grab at least 1 to 2 bottles before bed.
p much you have to not stress out about the taste so much, that's what my uncle told me about alcohol
AutoMedic
Should I start with the light-flavored ones or the heavy caliber beers?
Azure_Kite
I started with Heineken, which wasn't too bad for a beer.

I prefer rum or bourbon, though.
Kyonko Hizara
One of my friends loves the taste of stale beer and I will never understand why
Ceph23
Nobody drinks beer for the taste.
It's for the feels that come with it. I think.
Birdy
inb4 I hate beer and all I start drinking are vodka-sprites
Trash Boat
Alcohol? No thanks, I love my liver
AutoMedic

Trash Boat wrote:

Alcohol? No thanks, I love my liver
wine is a better alternative

and it does not irritate your throat that much
Zelda
TIL that wine is an alternative to alcohol
Hika

Sonatora wrote:

Should I start with the light-flavored ones or the heavy caliber beers?
if you're trying to get used to beer, you can start going light-flavored if you really care that much about taste but it's just the satisfaction i get from drinking it (cold beer in front of heater or in blanket op)
it's not like it's something you should want just because you want to get used to it

it's just nice to sip on smth when you're having a nice conversation or something like reading a book
silmarilen

Azure_Kite wrote:

say that in the netherlands and you'll get laughed at in the face
heineken is the lowest quality you can get here, most people dont even consider it beer.
Azure_Kite
Which is probably just as well because Australian brew is about as good as fermented shit in a bottle.
Foxtrot
I really like Asahi.
GladiOol
Grolsch beer master race.
B1rd
all the teachers I've come across are pretty good. at my college we have to call them by their first names.

I don't mind alochol, when I turn 18 I'll probably buy a bottle of wine or two every fortnight. But I despise all of the 'social' drinking that is common for people my age, where people go out at night, get pissed and make a big nuisance of themselves.
IppE

silmarilen wrote:

Azure_Kite wrote:

say that in the netherlands and you'll get laughed at in the face
heineken is the lowest quality you can get here, most people dont even consider it beer.
Well, compared to the "mainstream" beers here its godtier.
Hika
Heineken at first was a little less than okay until I grabbed a bottle of Yuengling.

now that stuff is pretty sweet for a beer.
B1rd
THELEWA HAS RETURNED.
Kyonko Hizara
He was gone?
VoidnOwO

silmarilen wrote:

laughed at in the face
u wot m8
silmarilen

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

He was gone?
his askfm was disabled for like 2 months and he enabled it again today, that's it.
Trash Boat
with this heat, you could fry a chicken in the rooftop if you want
Kyonko Hizara

silmarilen wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

He was gone?
his askfm was disabled for like 2 months and he enabled it again today, that's it.
Oh, that's nothing out of the ordinary for him. Has he reactivated his twitch yet?
Apex_old
untitled
Bweh
I watched Fury and Out of the Furnace.

They were pretty good. That last part in Fury where the German soldier just lets the guy go was particularly thought provoking.
Jazz

Apex wrote:

The Fault in Our Stars is some of the worst shit I've ever sit through, it's no different than those Korean dramas except that it has Mary Sues, pretentious monologues, people cheering for a couple kissing where Anne Frank hid, and cancer. It's an innovative piece of mundane crap. I shed more tears watching "My Screw-up" in the comedy TV series titled "Scrubs".
I liked the book not because of the love story but because of the main character's relationship with her parents
It got hyped before the release of the movie, and therefore got overrated, and the movie just highlighted most of the love story stuff.

The 'I am a grenade' line was supposed to be said to her mother and not her boyfriend (which makes the scene more dramatic because she doesn't want her parents to get too attached to her because she thinks that when she dies, their life will be over too)
The part of the book where she asks why some food are automatically labeled as breakfast foods is not in the movie although this can be interpreted as her saying that why is she labeled as a cancer patient, why can't she just be a normal girl who happened to have a disease.
There are some parts that I liked in the book which is also in the movie; the one after her boyfriend's burial where douchepants talks to her and then he suddenly cries then she realizes that the book he wrote was about his daughter who died of cancer, then you'll realize she wants to know what happened after the book because she wants to know what will happen after she dies, if her parents will be okay and that the author didn't wanna say what happened after the book because he became miserable after his daughter's death. And also the one where her father talks to her about how it was a privilege to love her boyfriend, then he said it gives her an idea how they feel about her.

If you hate it just because of the cheesy stuff then I guess you're just like those people who think they're 'cool' just because they 'hate' something that's hyped or currently popular.
But like I said, it became overrated, it's good but not as glorifying as other people say it is, there are a lot more other books/movies that are better than this but I can't say it's shitty.
AutoMedic
I hate the film

I hate the book

does that mean i have a shitty taste
Tanzklaue
i'm gonna go to a lindsey stirling concert today.
silmarilen
im gonna go to my kitchen today
Trash Boat
im gonna go to today
Ceph23
Is this gonna be a thing?
show more