forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zelda
I think you missed the point of showing you the door.
Trash Boat
No I didn't, but that's what they always tell me "Close the door, you don't live on a tent", things like that.
silmarilen
*holds zelda's hands*
Trash Boat
Well actually I think it depends of the situation but I got your point
Granger

Trash Boat wrote:

No I didn't, but that's what they always tell me "Close the door, you don't live on a tent", things like that.
Showing someone the door is a way of saying "Go away", "Get out" and so on. Is that understandable?
IppE
You're speaking to an argentinian, they don't have doors there
Trash Boat
Yes we do have. And Granger, by "No I didn't" I meant "No I didn't miss the point", no "No, I didn't get it". Is that understandable?
Granger
You could have worded that better then... Like... "I did understand, but" instead of "I didnt, but". Whatever, not important.

Anyone of you knows where system crash logs are saved? Just BoD'd and the PC automatically rebooted before i could read more than "A fatal"...
silmarilen
i wish i knew
and i wish i knew what to do with the information afterwards aswell
my pc crashes more often than this subforum gets shitposts
Trash Boat

Granger wrote:

You could have worded that better then... Like... "I did understand, but" instead of "I didnt, but". Whatever, not important.

Anyone of you knows where system crash logs are saved? Just BoD'd and the PC automatically rebooted before i could read more than "A fatal"...
I hope this helps, if it doesn't then idk. Google doesn't bite

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40832
Apex_old
Today I dreamt something weird. I was playing paintball with my classmates, I was ambushing a classmate when suddenly, the tension in the atmosphere increased exponentially because of something we said. Because of the increase in tension, some hitmen in killer suits, armed with sub-machine guns came out of nowhere and started killing people.
I dropped my weapon and yelled "I surrender!" So they dragged me into a corridor to have me shot. I felt something hit my brain and drag my head downward, and thought I was dead. I then heard a noise near me and realized they dragged me to a hotel corridor. I continued to feign death until these guys were gone, I fled into a hotel room. I then waited until it was night and escaped the hotel.
Granger

Trash Boat wrote:

Granger wrote:

I hope this helps, if it doesn't then idk. Google doesn't bite

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40832
Didnt help, its not for my system. Nor was i looking for the Event viewer. Thanks for helping tho.
Anyways, i found where the logs are saved... under C:\Windows\Minidump but i appartently need the installation CD to read the files. Sigh, i swear Microsoft is doing this on purpose...
Now let me look where ever i put that CD. .-.
AutoMedic
Agh fuck gotta call the exorcists

Origin is acting weird again
Azure_Kite
http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Check that out Granger, it should help you out without the disc.
Trash Boat
I also have an issue too. At random times, my cursor tends to "jump", most of the times to the up-left corner. Doesn't happen that often, but it's kinda annoying when it happens. I haven't changed it yet.
Kyonko Hizara
Whenever I get a BSoD I usually use this http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Also, Granger, from what you have said, it is possible it could be something with your RAM because I know that behavior is very common with faulty RAM.
Azure_Kite

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Whenever I get a BSoD I usually use this http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Also, Granger, from what you have said, it is possible it could be something with your RAM because I know that behavior is very common with faulty RAM.
That behaviour is very common with pretty much any hardware or driver failure while the OS is hooked into it. RAM isn't special in that regard.
Vish024
Korra book 4 trailer hype. Thought they'd drag it into the next year like the last few seasons, surprisingly early this time. Hope they didn't rush it.
Trash Boat
aaand the website its only 20k away to reach its goal
Granger

Azure_Kite wrote:

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Check that out Granger, it should help you out without the disc.

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Thanks, just what i needed!

So its...

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error caused by win32k.sys.
0x1000008e
0xc0000005
0xbf8488e2
0xa8cdfae4

I googled it but it seems to be a very ambigous error... im kinda overwhelmed by the posts here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 23d1df3893

Kyonko, i suspect its caused by my hard drive as chkdisc reported errors earlier, but that was months ago. (Of course i promptly backuped all my important data to a USB drive.)
Azure_Kite
Sounds to me like you either have some sort of remote viewing software installed that's modifying memory addresses wrong, or you've got faulty drivers installed somewhere along the line. This sort of BSoD with win32k.sys as the culprit is generally linked with those two problems. A ChkDsk won't hurt, but it doesn't sound like that's the cause of this issue.

0xc0000005 is a generic flag saying that a process tried to access memory outside of where it was allowed to.
0xa8cdfae4 is the memory address it was trying to access.
Granger
Hmm, i got no remote viewer installed, however it could be that i got a virus of this sort... some weird occurences speak for this, namely that my computer constantly uses some of its internet connection (just something like 0.02%, also not noticeable unless you specifically look for it) even when in idle and that i sometimes run into DDoS protection by cloudflare and others. Sadly Avast! isnt finding anything so im unsure...

I kind of doubt that its drivers, i didnt update nor install anything lately so why should it happen suddenly?
Azure_Kite
If you haven't installed anything recently, then drivers are likely ruled out, unless your system has a driver assistant or something which downloads updates automatically.

Using a little amount of internet isn't unusual, plenty of programs send intermittent heartbeats to an update server or whatever.
Jazz

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Korra book 4 trailer hype. Thought they'd drag it into the next year like the last few seasons, surprisingly early this time. Hope they didn't rush it.
I like her new hair
The last line tho, I knew something was fishy when Suyin said that Toph just went away and they didn't know what happened to her.

And I thought book 4 is already airing this October
silmarilen
im not going to watch the trailer, dont want to get unnecessary spoilers. like in the hobbit trailer where they showed smaug, that's really something you shouldnt put in a trailer
Vish024
Come off it mate, the trailer is just a peek. There's no genuine spoilers, it's meant for speculation.
UnderminE

Jazz wrote:

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I like her new hair
The last line tho, I knew something was fishy when Suyin said that Toph just went away and they didn't know what happened to her.

And I thought book 4 is already airing this October
it's actually funny that how Korra finds Toph in the swamp. Remember how Aang saw Toph in the swamp for the first time. Plus in 3rd book they said Toph was looking for enlightenment, i remember in Aang's "swamp" episode that one guy was talking about the same thing
silmarilen
i forgot how scary weeping angels are
Bweh
Back from Chicago

It was nice
Trash Boat
welcome back. Did you enjoyed it?
Bweh
Yeah it was pretty fun and insightful, but it was really exhausting. It was a ~10 hour cramped ride and we practically were walking around whenever we weren't eating or sleeping. There was a lot to look at and little time, plus I had to walk people to their hotels which were spread all over the area. The food made up for it though; probably had one of the best pizzas in my life.
Azure_Kite
Sounds like a lot of fun, indeed. Glad you had a nice trip. I bet you were happy whenever you got to move around freely again.
B1rd
sounds interesting. Though is Chicago in America? If I went travelling I think I'd like to go to a more exotic location.
Azure_Kite
Yes, Chicago is, in fact, an American city. It's in Illinois.

So in this course the majority of people are all like "YEAH LET'S MAKE A SLENDERMAN CLONE!!!", and I'm all like "Well what about a roguelike?" Roguelikes are fun.

I'm really not liking the way Australia is acting at the moment. All this craziness and xenophobia. It's sickening.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/woman ... 0nh5a.html
Vish024
Yeah that happened not too far from where I live, I'm about 15 mins drive to that station.

Time I genuinely start working towards getting myself off this godforsaken island.
Bweh

B1rd wrote:

sounds interesting. Though is Chicago in America? If I went travelling I think I'd like to go to a more exotic location.
Sadly I'm not really travelling I'm just studying
Jazz
why? what did you need to do there?
Bweh
Architecture studies

Looked at stuff by Louis Sullivan, Frank Lloyd Wright (sorta), Goldberg, Rohe, etc.
B1rd

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Yeah that happened not too far from where I live, I'm about 15 mins drive to that station.

Time I genuinely start working towards getting myself off this godforsaken island.
which country would you prefer to live in?
Tanzklaue

B1rd wrote:

LaVolpe024 wrote:

which country would you prefer to live in?
england is probably number 1 for him.
show more