REDALiCE wrote:

hi guys, how are you?
I'm fine thank you. And you?

Sonatora wrote:

Jazz wrote:

Fun fact:
-crazy system-
As one of the people who suffered this type of injustice, I can confirm this

TL;DR: Teachers here being dumb and stupid so decided to turn the project evaluation into a like and share bullshit contest
Is it possible to get really high grades with bullshit post if it gets a lot of likes?

Edit : wow, CDFA is a BAT now
Azure_Kite

Sonatora wrote:

Jazz wrote:

Fun fact:

Some teachers, or professors here actually make their students do projects and make them post it on facebook and they will base the grade of that particular activity on the number of likes they get on that post, e.g. the people with the most likes gets the highest grade.
I'm not sure if it's a thing in other countries, but it is here.
Kinda ridiculous right? Basing the grades on popularity and how many people you beg for likes, god this place is full of attention whores. The education system and the way most people think is so fucked up.
As one of the people who suffered this type of injustice, I can confirm this

TL;DR: Teachers here being dumb and stupid so decided to turn the project evaluation into a like and share bullshit contest
Wow. If only there were some agency through which this sort of bullshit could be regulated and punished.

I'm currently working my way through a 2000 word essay on the Socioethical impacts of Cryptocurrencies and their "sudden" popularity. It's super dry stuff.
Aurani

Azure_Kite wrote:

I'm currently working my way through a 2000 word essay on the Socioethical impacts of Cryptocurrencies and their "sudden" popularity. It's super dry stuff.
I happen to be a fan of dry stuff - please continue.
REDALiCE_old_1
why so dead today..
Trash Boat
because things. but don't worry, I am here
Kyonko Hizara
That's something to be worried about
Corin
straight up iced a nigger.
Trash Boat
g' night Kyo
AutoMedic
hi
Granger
Hi
Trash Boat
alright, I'll cease to the social pressure. Hi

wowowowow wait a second. what is this? t/234545&start=0 lewa, singing?
AutoMedic

Trash Boat wrote:

wowowowow wait a second. what is this? https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/234545&start=0 lewa, singing?
My name's in there

You know what that means right?
Trash Boat
yeah, you'll be singing too, so as Kyo. You guys will do fine there
Vish024

piruchan wrote:

Damn. University requires me to use facebook. Why won't they use forums for online interaction?
Oh fucking hell I hated that, I share your pain. Almost every assignment group I had insisted on using facebook because as far as they were concerned there's literally nothing to the internet but facebook.
Aqo
aaaaa I accidentally mapped an anime tv size does that make me a bad person now ;__;
Tanzklaue
no it doesn't.

your attention whoring however...
AutoMedic

Tanzklaue wrote:

no it doesn't.

hah
B1rd

Trash Boat wrote:

wowowowow wait a second. what is this? t/234545&start=0 lewa, singing?
cannot wait. he's singing airman I think, someone should map it afterwards.

LaVolpe024 wrote:

piruchan wrote:

Damn. University requires me to use facebook. Why won't they use forums for online interaction?
Oh fucking hell I hated that, I share your pain. Almost every assignment group I had insisted on using facebook because as far as they were concerned there's literally nothing to the internet but facebook.
what, facebook required for schooling? that's a joke.

Tanzklaue wrote:

no it doesn't.

you're attention whoring for grammar nazis.
Vish024
Not school, university.
Azure_Kite
Yeah, our University has an affinity to Google Docs and/or Dropbox.

It's better than Facebook, but a group I'm in now has insisted on Facebook as well =_=
kisata
edit: fair enough
Kyonko Hizara
I've heard about that enough already in too many places so let's not get into it here
kisata
i suppose so

carry on
Bweh
What could possibly have been so vile to not be fair game in this place
kisata
it was just more whining and frustration about what happened; there's no need to beat a dead horse about it i guess
REDALiCE_old_1
pew
Bweh
Well maybe but if you need to vent then go ahead. There's no real point in talking about it (when is there, really) and you can pretty much sum it up easily but that doesn't mean don't.

Plus OT's been pretty dull lately so some discussion would be nice. It's much better than just posting "Good morning", that's for sure.
Granger
I agree with Brian.
Also, maybe im just ignorant but i havent heard anything involving japanese rythm games, what happened?
kisata
all the iidx maps got canned in a manner similar to what happened to skrillex

konami dmca'd them and so you can no longer download the maps from the website nor can anymore iidx songs be ranked apparently
Granger
Ew.

Why do they care? I mean it isnt like anyone (or just a very minor portion) in the US/EU would actually buy the songs. Should be threated like with anime fan subs, where no seller theres no complainer (I need a better word...).

Brb, researching that stuff with those songs in mind before i spout bull. Last time i didnt do this i claimed something completly wrong...
kisata
It's hard to say. Dunno. For a long time, konami did have a presence in Western countries through DDR and the likes, but yeah most of their business is confined to Eastern Asia. osu! is a global community though, and it is their copyright so it's all within their power to do so. Not that it helps much......

It's just really frustrating to think that all those iidx maps myself and other have made - we can't really do much else with them now. I don't regret making them, and I assume most other people feel similarly but it's just sad to all of us now that we can't move them forward. Like it or not, the main way to get people to play and enjoy your maps is by ranking them. I still enjoy all of them for sure, but it makes me a bit sad that even more people probably won't ever have a chance to enjoy them either now.
Granger
Google fails me, cant find anything of use or any news/sources with "IIDX DMCA", "Buying IIDX songs US/EU" or "IIDX copyright".

Konami produces and sells a fair bit of action/rpg games in the western countries but i dont know anything about rythm games from Konami.
Global community... fair enough. Not entirely sure how thats defined in a legal way but i can understand peppy not taking any risiks. (except that this file and song sharing here is pretty much glorified pirating. Heh.)

I assume peppy could get around that with a torrent based sharing system but then unpopular songs suffer even more.
dNextGen
well, that's capitalism for you

anyway there are loads of better electronic-kawaii music out there aside from IIDX stuff,

but ill be sad if something like Himiko map / Shounen A got eradicated from the game aswell ;~;
REDALiCE_old_1
pls no ded
Kyonko Hizara
Hi failed
Hika
university is pretty cool, i went for the first time yesterday and i got out of every class half an hour earlier yis

damn i like this
REDALiCE_old_1

Hika wrote:

university is pretty cool, i went for the first time yesterday and i got out of every class half an hour earlier yis

damn i like this
university is pretty cool, but i have long as fuck days tho
8:45 AM - 4 PM everyday yo
Tanzklaue
just saw the end to how i met your mother.

god that ending was stupid.
RemiFlan
did they show the mother
show more