show more
Bweh
If it's that simple I guess I'll go to #finnish and spam them to buy me beer
Kyonko Hizara

Brian OA wrote:

If it's that simple I guess I'll go to #finnish and spam them to buy me beer
That is the quickest way to make it to profit and bitches
Granger
Does anyone else find it ironic that in order to combat your crippling social anxiety you need to do (as first step even) what makes you cry in a corner?

Yeah, thats right, i have a appointment with a psychologist in a few hours. I need to leave the house and use the public traffic. Alone.
How am i supposed to do this? Im fucking shitting my pants at the thought already. T_T

I havent even left the house alone since a few years... Not to mention public traffic, be it alone or not.
Kyonko Hizara

Granger wrote:

Does anyone else find it ironic that in order to combat your crippling social anxiety you need to do (as first step even) what makes you cry in a corner?

Yeah, thats right, i have a appointment with a psychologist in a few hours. I need to leave the house and use the public traffic. Alone.
How am i supposed to do this? Im fucking shitting my pants at the thought already. T_T

I havent even left the house alone since a few years... Not to mention public traffic, be it alone or not.
I sorta know how that is. Altho for me, I am more relaxed if I am going out with friends, but as soon as I go out alone I start to feel like I'm having a panic attack.

A few months ago, I so much as had to walk down one part of the mall to get to my friend that was waiting for me and I almost had to call her to come to me because each step I took made me more and more anxious.
Maeglwn

Brian OA wrote:

I like shouting at people, where do I apply
please make this happen
B1rd

Granger wrote:

I think I have a similar problem I think with anxiety, I can't go outside without a hood and sunglasses because I'm really self conscious about my hair and my eyes will tear up with sunglasses. I don't have any good tips or anything but I wish you good luck ;)
Bweh
You guys literally spend hours upon hours on stuff that teaches you how to deal with these kinds of problems. You play and watch dozens of games that teach you not to be fearless, but to be courageous; to take on your fears for your own sake and come out at the end of the day a better person. They've taught and proved to me that life isn't as beautiful otherwise.

So I don't know what kind of troubling past you've had to give you such an insecurity, but I can assure you there's nothing to worry about except for stagnation. So take that first step and go talk to your shrink; it was probably all part of his/her keikaku anyway.

If it isn't, well you just took a big leap ahead so you can pat yourself on the back once you get to that office.
B1rd
You're right, I should play more games and watch more anime until it gives me courage.
Granger

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I sorta know how that is. Altho for me, I am more relaxed if I am going out with friends, but as soon as I go out alone I start to feel like I'm having a panic attack.

A few months ago, I so much as had to walk down one part of the mall to get to my friend that was waiting for me and I almost had to call her to come to me because each step I took made me more and more anxious.
I have no idea how well i perform alone, if im not alone i can handle a few people (its uncomfortable though) but any more than that and i kinda go "Shut down everything" ie, grab my friends hand and concentrate on that only, ignoring everthing else.

B1rd wrote:

I think I have a similar problem I think with anxiety, I can't go outside without a hood and sunglasses because I'm really self conscious about my hair and my eyes will tear up with sunglasses. I don't have any good tips or anything but I wish you good luck ;)
Thanks.
Its not that im consicous about my looks, im afraid of pulling attention on me, example situation would be that the bus driver didnt understand what i said and asks again, so that i stall the line or plain simply dropping something or stumbling when walking past people. I dont like being spoken to/speaking to someone either.

Brian OA wrote:

You guys literally spend hours upon hours on stuff that teaches you how to deal with these kinds of problems. You play and watch dozens of games that teach you not to be fearless, but to be courageous; to take on your fears for your own sake and come out at the end of the day a better person. They've taught and proved to me that life isn't as beautiful otherwise.

So I don't know what kind of troubling past you've had to give you such an insecurity, but I can assure you there's nothing to worry about except for stagnation. So take that first step and go talk to your shrink; it was probably all part of his/her keikaku anyway.

If it isn't, well you just took a big leap ahead so you can pat yourself on the back once you get to that office.
Well, the games kind of dont apply here, im spending my time clicking on circles, catching fruits and placing/breaking blocks. Oh and of course being rude and cynical on various forums.
But i get your point.

Still, its not the same, i cant just load a older save or am strong/cool/whatever in real life.

In any case thanks for your support.
Vish024
I often become wary of judgement when in direct contact with strangers, such as making a transaction or asking directions, mainly due to my ethnic background. Due to the discrimination I've experienced in the past I feel the moment I approach a stranger and converse with them that they're judging me by my race and I know it makes me no better than them to think that way.

The ability develops from experience, if you spend time outside on a regular basis you will become accustomed to it and mildly complacent. Mild complacency is still better than paranoia, it's good for your mental health.
Tanzklaue
AutoMedic
B1rd

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I often become wary of judgement when in direct contact with strangers, such as making a transaction or asking directions, mainly due to my ethnic background. Due to the discrimination I've experienced in the past I feel the moment I approach a stranger and converse with them that they're judging me by my race and I know it makes me no better than them to think that way.

The ability develops from experience, if you spend time outside on a regular basis you will become accustomed to it and mildly complacent. Mild complacency is still better than paranoia, it's good for your mental health.
what's your ethnic background? I don't think racism is too common in Australia..
Azure_Kite
Depends on where you live.

You may not be aware of it, but racism is pretty fucking prominent.
Tanzklaue

Azure_Kite wrote:

Depends on where you live.

You may not be aware of it, but racism is pretty fucking prominent.
IT'S NOT IN GERMANY I SWEAR MOST OF US LEARNED OUR LESSON AND WE ARE REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT PEOPLE IN EUROPE LEANING MORE AN MORE RIGHT PLEASE DON'T INVADE US AGAIN *cowers in corner in fetal position*

but to be more serious, even in germany right wing parties gain more and more steam. a lot slower than in other european countries, but it's happening. teaches us that noone learns from history. especially the victors.
Azure_Kite
Pretty much. It's rather sad.
Trash Boat
Things like this makes me question: From where did that come from?
Vish024

B1rd wrote:

what's your ethnic background?
I'm originally from India.

B1rd wrote:

I don't think racism is too common in Australia..
Are you kidding me? If you're an ethnic minority you're more than aware of the discrimination that's still prevalent in this country and it's not just casual banter that I'm talking about, it's genuine racism.
Azure_Kite
Sometimes I wish there was a aerosol that simply euthanased those whom were intolerant of others.

I mean, I realise I'd go down with that ship being awfully hypocritical of me, but at least the world would be a better place
</fascism>
B1rd

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Are you kidding me? If you're an ethnic minority you're more than aware of the discrimination that's still prevalent in this country and it's not just casual banter that I'm talking about, it's genuine racism.
Really? What are examples of rasicm you have expierienced? I'd understand a little maybe if you were middle eastern, since there are a lot of people pissed about things like schools banning people from saying 'merry christmas' because of muslims, and stuff like that, but I can't understand why there would be any racist attitudes towards Indians.
I haven't seen any examples of racism, maybe it's more prominent of the mainland or I'm just unaware.
Azure_Kite
You're Tasmanian? If so, fistbump.

But it would also explain why you don't know about the racism prevalent in Australian society.
Vish024
I don't enjoy going into detail about my experiences with bigots, it'll just result in a TL;DR situation. In short, I've experienced it from primary school all the way to working in an adult environment.

I don't know what things are like in Tasmania, I've heard it's pretty nice down there actually, but in major metropolitan areas on the mainland it's not uncommon.
Kappa FrankerZ

B1rd wrote:

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Really? What are examples of rasicm you have expierienced? I'd understand a little maybe if you were middle eastern, since there are a lot of people pissed about things like schools banning people from saying 'merry christmas' because of muslims, and stuff like that, but I can't understand why there would be any racist attitudes towards Indians.
I haven't seen any examples of racism, maybe it's more prominent of the mainland or I'm just unaware.
there are racist attitudes towards indians because idiots assume we're arabs and these happen to be the same idiots who think arabs are terrorist supporters. if you want an analogy, it would be like if i went to Germany and started calling everyone baguette-with-snail-sauce-eating faggots who can't win wars.

alternatively, people will have racist attitudes towards anyone whose culture or appearance is significantly different than their own.
Granger
Im fairly sure nazigermany could have won the war if Hitler wasnt stupid to attack all the lands at once instead of taking them one by one... Attacking russia like that wasnt smart either. But thats besides the point.

I think the problem with racism isnt racism in itself but rather the intolerance to "different", i mean the etact same situation (except not with "races") happens within different culture/social/interrest-circles and so on.
I find it really sad that its like this.

Also update on the psychotherapist if anyone cares: Thankfully i ended up being driven there by my mother but the psychotherapist essentially told me the same as LaVolpe said earlier: Go outside.
Trash Boat
and did you follow that advice?
Kyonko Hizara
It's a lot easier said than done
Zelda
I went outside once and it was awful. There's, like, trees, and PEOPLE, and even streets with cars. Absolutely disgusting.
Azure_Kite
I once even saw a grocery store. I mean, those things even exist, and they don't deliver your purchases. How fucking abysmal is their service like srsly.
Trash Boat
At least you guys go to school/elementary/college?
piruchan
Damn. University requires me to use facebook. Why won't they use forums for online interaction?
Granger
What the fuck. Leave this university immedantively.
Requiring facebook... are they serious?
piruchan
They use it for assignments and stuff. I personally prefer forums instead of facebook, but many Indonesian internet users (that I have met) have no idea how to use forums. It seems like using codes like
[img][/img]
to post an image is a hassle for them.
Granger
But but... thats like the easiest thing ever? I mean those even got buttons to put those automatically, or if you want so you can code/confrigure your forumsoftware to automatically convert any *png *jpg and *gif urls into images so your users dont even have to press a measly button.
This universitys IT team/person seems incompetent (actually i have yet to find anyone working for school IT to be truly competent) or nonexistant if thats true.

On the bright side you probably dont have to deal with a filter/school-proxy.
piruchan
Well, they know what site to block. Tried to access k*ck*ss.to and I failed
AutoMedic
So it's been a long time since I played chess with my former high school friends. I still remember the past few years when we are used to play the game

It felt so nostalgic, considering the amount of years I've been away with them
Jazz
Fun fact:

Some teachers, or professors here actually make their students do projects and make them post it on facebook and they will base the grade of that particular activity on the number of likes they get on that post, e.g. the people with the most likes gets the highest grade.
I'm not sure if it's a thing in other countries, but it is here.
Kinda ridiculous right? Basing the grades on popularity and how many people you beg for likes, god this place is full of attention whores. The education system and the way most people think is so fucked up.
AutoMedic

Jazz wrote:

Fun fact:

Some teachers, or professors here actually make their students do projects and make them post it on facebook and they will base the grade of that particular activity on the number of likes they get on that post, e.g. the people with the most likes gets the highest grade.
Kinda ridiculous right? Basing the grades on popularity and how many people you beg for likes, god this place is full of attention whores. The education system and the way most people think is so fucked up.
As one of the people who suffered this type of injustice, I can confirm this

TL;DR: Teachers here being dumb and stupid so decided to turn the project evaluation into a like and share bullshit contest
REDALiCE_old_1
hi guys, how are you?
piruchan

REDALiCE wrote:

hi guys, how are you?
I'm fine thank you. And you?

Sonatora wrote:

Jazz wrote:

Fun fact:
-crazy system-

TL;DR: Teachers here being dumb and stupid so decided to turn the project evaluation into a like and share bullshit contest
Is it possible to get really high grades with bullshit post if it gets a lot of likes?

Edit : wow, CDFA is a BAT now
Azure_Kite

Sonatora wrote:

Jazz wrote:

Fun fact:

Wow. If only there were some agency through which this sort of bullshit could be regulated and punished.

I'm currently working my way through a 2000 word essay on the Socioethical impacts of Cryptocurrencies and their "sudden" popularity. It's super dry stuff.
show more