forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
UnderminE
Now start cursing the anime
Tanzklaue
without ever having played DR: phoenix wright did it first and i am sure it did it better.
Blue Stig
Hey Mara is your head feeling better?
Tsukimi Luna

UnderminE wrote:

How did you know what i was doing? lelelelel
Birdy
xD
UnderminE
oh you
Kyonko Hizara

UnderminE wrote:

I do it weekly
GladiOol
Kyonko Hizara
One of my friends swore off multi in Skullgirls because he doesn't like it when people are better than him
NotEvenDoomMusic

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

One of my friends swore off multi in Skullgirls because he doesn't like it when people are better than him
what a faggot
Yoeri
"I can feel my e-peen shrinking with these 1337 pr0s"
Vish024

Why couldn't they make bags bigger in Hoenn?
Kyonko Hizara

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Why couldn't they make bags bigger in Hoenn?
I should get back to playing this game.....I haven't in 2-3 weeks

And before that it was over a year
Cyclohexane
Cause if you want to have superior bag of holding capacities you have to purchase a DS and play pokemon on that

or use a DS emulator but that's for poor people
thelewa

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

I have a burning hatred for everyone who is better than me at anything that I'm physically capable of doing

idk sounds like your friend has some serious issues if he's already thinking like me
Shellghost
Obligatory

DaddyCoolVipper

Shellghost wrote:

Obligatory

This is incredibly accurate
RemiFlan
Makes me wish I knew how to play Skullgirls..
I just press random buttons hoping for something good
Vish024
Gripping stuff

Mr Whatsit wrote:

or use a DS emulator but that's for poor people
Last DS I got was a Lite and it's lying around gathering dust somewhere in my closet, it's annoying that Nintendo release a new DS every 5 mins and subsequently everyone is forced to buy it since high profile games will only be released on the latest DS.
Tanzklaue
not like it matters, but up to the 3DS every DS was the same, supported the same games etc.
Quaraezha

Shellghost wrote:

Obligatory

git gud
Kyonko Hizara

RemiFlan wrote:

Makes me wish I knew how to play Skullgirls..
I just press random buttons hoping for something good
It doesn't take much effort to even learn the moves
Jinxy
During free weekend, I trapped myself in Skullgirls' tutorial mode for half an hour because I couldn't hit the buttons fast enough for a combo
Tanzklaue
I hate fighting games with a passion.

i am either too slow, too dumb or both.

probably my worst genre of video games (out of those i played already, which are a lot).
thelewa
NotEvenDoomMusic
Well, context of the video is easy to absorb but the comment section of it is closer to the reality concerning the Skullgirls community on steam than the actual video itself.

What makes the cake so delicious is the euphoria in each and every player who host a lobby in the beginner section, because they know, new people would join and actually have the mentality "to some fun with someone close to their skill level"- guaranteed salt for the beginners resulting in a quit and a bad rating on steam and instant ejactulation for the host.

Best thing is that they can't eat up their own salt when losing to someone in their own beginner lobby, mostly resulting them to ragequit it so hard.

While this game mechanic seems dumb and not appealing to anyone, it's entirely a game of mentality just like most B'm'Us; getting into the minds of your opponent.
Strongest example would be SF3S with the parry mechanics; at first glance it seem to be always a "guess", as you progress learning the game you'll know the basic patterns of all characters and act to them correspondingly.

Anyways, to the video itself.
I don't see the appeal to play 1 character while you could play 2 or 3.
The combo potential is (obviously) higher, you'll have more options to chose from- some characters requires assists to be able to OTG/wallbounce to follow up (at all) without losing momentum properly and considering how many times DHC has saved my ass back in MvC3 it still applies to Skullgirls very much whilst it is extremely unsafe; some Supers if combined together, are convinient at getting out of tough situations like corner lockdowns.
Besides all mentioned above, you also have a ton of stuff to mix up from with more characters, rather than a simple cross up/overhead with one character alone.

I noticed, can we not talk about FGs and talk about cats instead.

Oh boy thelewd

YSB and Hayao are one of my favourite players when it comes to Hugo. YSB is still very active when it comes to local japanese tournaments though, pretty awesome that he still is staying strong to the roots after all those years.
I really miss the old 3rdS players... oh i also noticed i have no favourite Yun player since like, ever. Fuck this guy.

RX still above mankind; 1 frame reactions and godlike charge buffering but mainly because he's playing that character. aw yes it makes me so hard

aaaaaaaaand i've overdone my reply.
fml
thelewa
I actually don't know anything about fighter games it's my brother who always talks to me fanatically about them and links videos to me
Quaraezha
Fightan Games are the best. I may lack the ability to be really good at it and understand its deep mechanics, but it's a really good genre that I really wish I was good at.

Kyonko Hizara
Quara we should play Skullgirls again sometime

when the ping isn't 800
Zeraph

Quaraezha wrote:

Fightan Games are the best. I may lack the ability to be really good at it and understand its deep mechanics, but it's a really good genre that I really wish I was good at.

god when this happened i literally came unbelievable amounts
Vish024
Mash buttons, hope you get lucky.
Ceph23

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I used said technique back when I played Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in the arcade all the time.
I think everybody did this.
Cyclohexane
Umehara Daigo is a genius of our time

Also what is this punch to the cunt, does this guy think he is Johnny Cage
Vish024

Ceph23 wrote:

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I used said technique back when I played Marvel vs. Capcom 2 in the arcade all the time.
I think everybody did this.
It's the only thing I learnt from playing Tekken.
Blue Stig
Trash Boat
i'm between SSFIV AE and KOFXIII. tough decision. also Touhou hisouten/soku
Mianki
Fighting games in general have a deep and hard learning curve but it gets really exicting when you start to understand them. Compared to board games, fighting games at beginner level is like playing checkers and at pro level it's like chess. Every move has it's purpose and you have to think several steps ahead what you're going to do and what do you think your opponent is going to do.

I really enjoy playing SSFIV AE but I suck at excecution and comboing. I do try to react what the opponent does and counter attack him. But most of the time I play by instinct and I'll just do things. If you outsmart your opponent though and beat him, it feels good :3

And here's a good recent introductory/tutorial video about fighting gamez

lewa you should try starting playing some Street Fighter, it's fun :3
NotEvenDoomMusic

Mianki wrote:

And here's a good recent introductory/tutorial video about fighting gamez
I highly recommend this video to anyone who's mildly interested in fighting games in general to understand the whole genre a bit further.

Maybe the series might wake up my spirit of continuing playing those games again- I hardly ever touch my console anymore... and i've dedicated a lot of effort into learning them in the past, orz.

Also, that smooth sax arrangement of Jin's theme after the introduction.
Trash Boat
it's not big deal, you just have to learn quarter-circle motions, half-circle motions, Z and Inverse Z motions, 360 motions, those tricky diagonal motions, the not so tricky linear motions, Low punch/kick, medium punch/kick, high punch/kick, dash, Super Combos, Ultra Combos, Focus attacks, Taunt, grab and throw, EX-moves, guard and momentum. with KOF you may have to except some things. however those skills transfer from Gen to gen, so it will be piece of cake to assimilate them
GladiOol
comparing fighting games to chess. what.
show more