forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyonko Hizara

Kaona wrote:

So my Japanese tutor just sent me a card completely written in Japanese.

brb translating (this may take a while, haven't studied japanese in about 7 months - such a slacker ;__;)

EDIT: OKAY SO I GOT THIS

"Abbie-chan

Here is your present, sorry it's late!

(something about being familiar with this type of Japanese, hard to directly translate at my level)

Lots of love, [her full name]"

Awww, so sweet <3 (her present is a USB stick with foundation & advanced level Japanese lessons on it)
That is just too sweet <3
Kaona
Ikr? <3

Okay asked my tutor about the sentence I couldn't translate correctly, edited it with the correct translation.
Quaraezha
Alright. How do I cure procrastination at extreme levels?
Shellghost
Make procrastination your work.
NotEvenDoomMusic

Shellghost wrote:

Make procrastination your bitch.
On a more serious note, lay down your work in front of you and convince yourself that after you're done, you'd be having free time to do whatever you want.
Worked for me.

Always think with consequences while procrastinating.
Aqo

LoliFlan wrote:

Yup I was stuck on that a year ago.
Dont lose hope just yet.
How did you end up getting a job eventually?

The only jobs I had until now were stuff I got from connections with friends like a work at a catering company or private maths teacher for lower grades during highschool... don't really have any experience on getting a more "official" job
Kyonko Hizara

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Shellghost wrote:

On a more serious note, lay down your work in front of you and convince yourself that after you're done, you'd be having free time to do whatever you want.
Worked for me.

This is what I usually try to do. And surprisingly, it's somewhat successful for me.
Sethlied

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Shellghost wrote:

Worked for me.

why would I be a slave and then be free than be free then be a slave
mathexpert

Sethlied wrote:

one must make small sacrifices for great achievements
NotEvenDoomMusic

Sethlied wrote:

optional bdsm
thelewa

Sethlied wrote:

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

Worked for me.

why not be free and then be free
Ceph23
Like I've said. Freedom isn't real.
Kyonko Hizara

Ceph23 wrote:

Freedom is just a conspiracy
Oinari-sama
Freedom™
Sethlied

Ceph23 wrote:

then you don't know about murica
Shellghost
The freedom to be oppressed.
Kyonko Hizara

Sethlied wrote:

Ceph23 wrote:

then you don't know about murica
Murica has none
Zeraph

Shellghost wrote:

The freedom to be oppressed.
dNextGen
hello,ive just finished watching the whole 25 episodes of that titan anime and i didnt find anything wrong with it
IppE
Did you laugh at the Stallman titan?
MoteOfDust

IppE wrote:

You assume people outside of /g/ know or care who RIchard Stallman is. Not everyone can be as lame as me.
dNextGen

IppE wrote:

i dnt even see any neckbearded titan
IppE

dNextGen wrote:

i dnt even see any neckbearded titan
Tsukimi Luna
Why are high quality games like the Fire Emblem series and the Pheonix Wright series so hard to come about....

I feel really sad when i complete these games sometimes

But arguably
I still have a lot possible things i can do even if i cleared the story in FE:A
I'm gonna play Lunatic Mode...
This game is so hardcore in Lunatic Mode that the prologue chapter is one of the toughest chapters in the game since the enemies overpower you and outnumber you.

Not to mention you can unlock a Lunatic+ Difficulty after clearing Lunatic.
And theres other missions that are much much harder than most of these as DLC content..

man.... i love games that have good storylines, character deapth, great music, and challenging difficulty

Why do i feel like i have nothing to do after i clear a game that is really good. :v
Tanzklaue

Yuu-Chii wrote:

Why are high quality games like the Fire Emblem series and the Pheonix Wright series so hard to come about....
except the first game which you can hardly get anymore, all the phoenix wright games in germany cost between 8-20 bucks on amazon (prolly not the new one, and you can get miles edgeworth: investigations only on english )
Tsukimi Luna
except the first game which you can hardly get anymore, all the phoenix wright games in germany cost between 8-20 bucks on amazon (prolly not the new one, and you can get miles edgeworth: investigations only on english )
The first fire emblem game wasnt good?.....

I've only played Shadow Dragon and Awakening..

Most of the old Fire Emblem games were only released in Japan ( And again i want to rant about how Japanese people keep all the good stuff to themselves , which is why im learning Japanese )
The first English release was 2002

And I only played the Shadow Dragon remake and Awakening because i didnt have any of the other consoles... Except for all the game boys (Exclusdng pocket and micro), Nintendo DSlite and the 3DS
I do have the GameBoy Advance but it never heard of the game yet before during the time.

I have the SNES in my home.... but my elder brother was the one playing with it
I remember my first memorable video game consoles were : Game Boy (Brick ver.) and Playstation 1

I really really hate how Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo and Miles Edgeworth 2 didnt get localized.....
Damn this shit...
Time to go learn my Japanese

When they dont localize the games i dont want to play in a series
I feel like they are flipping me off with both of their middle fingers saying "Screw you, go home"
Tanzklaue
i lost no word about fire emblem.

fire emblem is awesome though.

i heard though that the remake of the first game (that one for the DS) is faithful to the original to the point where ir didn't develop any of its weakpoints at all, making it inferior to for example the gba games.

if you want to play those btw. emulators are a good way. but your safe might corrupt on those :/ (there is also a fan translation for ME:I2)
Tsukimi Luna

Tanzklaue wrote:

i heard though that the remake of the first game (that one for the DS) is faithful to the original to the point where ir didn't develop any of its weakpoints at all, making it inferior to for example the gba games.

if you want to play those btw. emulators are a good way. but your safe might corrupt on those :/ (there is also a fan translation for ME:I2)
I'll take a look at that

but i have to say... The graphics improvements from the Shadow Dragon/Radiant Dawn to Awakening

Its one HUGE jump
Tanzklaue
graphics schmaphics.

especially in turn based strategy games.
NotEvenDoomMusic
Tanzklaue
they removed captain falcon from smash 4? D:
Tsukimi Luna
I suddenly remember the first Nintendo DS that didnt come with a backlit light...>

How do you even play that without light
Or what if the sun is too bright
NotEvenDoomMusic
I hope not.
But with each character getting revealed on the official page, it's more less likely that he will come back to SSB4.

Probably will get substituted by Ganondorf completely and that even ganondorf gets overhauled to a certain extend that he's a little bit faster to resemble C. Falcon.

Probably a Toon Ganondorf to compensate, much faster than the ssbb ganondorf and well, pretty similar moveset that C. Falcon has.
Nintendo doesn't seem to care about F-Zero that much anymore and since Ganondorf is pretty much connected to the TLoZ games, it's very much one of the more well known Nintendo character.
Just because the generations are switching, kids won't remember the times where C. Falcon still got his nipple buttons attached to his latex suit.
Birdy
If they're not adding Jigglypuff I quit life.
IppE

Static Noise Bird wrote:

If they're not adding Jigglypuff I quit life.
It was a shit character anyway.

Peach 4 life
Tsukimi Luna
Speaking about FE

how about Marth? in SSB
Tanzklaue

NotEvenDoomMusic wrote:

I hope not.
But with each character getting revealed on the official page, it's more less likely that he will come back to SSB4.

Probably will get substituted by Ganondorf completely and that even ganondorf gets overhauled to a certain extend that he's a little bit faster to resemble C. Falcon.

Probably a Toon Ganondorf to compensate, much faster than the ssbb ganondorf and well, pretty similar moveset that C. Falcon has.
Nintendo doesn't seem to care about F-Zero that much anymore and since Ganondorf is pretty much connected to the TLoZ games, it's very much one of the more well known Nintendo character.
Just because the generations are switching, kids won't remember the times where C. Falcon still got his nipple buttons attached to his latex suit.
BUT CAPTAIN FALCON IS AN FUCKING ICON AND EVERY NINTENDO FAN KNOWS HIM!!!

I'm upset :( especially since they put in shit like the animal crossing villager and the wii fit coach.
NotEvenDoomMusic

Tanzklaue wrote:

I'm upset :( especially since they put in shit like the animal crossing villager and the wii fit coach.
Like snb likes to say every now and then:
"Shameless selfpromotion™"

SSB has been used to raise the attention to a certain franchise just so people either buy their games or just even "research" after them.
Basically, a small fanservice. With Ness from Earthbound and Marth being almost in every installment except of the first one (Marth) is because the franchise is much more active in japan than in western regions.

But even if we assume they would do a japan exclusive title for the F-Zero franchise, it's pretty much dead and behind since there were no games released related to F-Zero (except of some cameos in Mario Kart Wii and Wii U Party and such) ever since the GC and GBA era.
Totally skipped the now discontinued DS, no games in sight for the almost 3 year old 3DS, neither games for the Wii and the Wii U.

Disapointing, but if nintendo pull it off by adding C. Falcon in SSB4, it'll restore some faith in future F-Zero projects.
Tanzklaue
but those 2 characters are jsut pulled out their arses!

in the case of the wii fit thingy, it isn't even popular (as a character).

at least we gt megaman :/
Sethlied
I am not buying Smash 4 if my husbando isn't in it.
show more