ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Devalix_old
I'm too afraid to post here now
silmarilen

dkun wrote:

removing off-topic altogether is also a viable solution, don't you think?
you would break apart our small community here just over something this stupid?
Morning Bob
This will hopefully be interesting.
Mismagius
I hope this becomes something interesting for once

I miss such threads in OT
Mara

Wojjan wrote:

You may start acting tough now.
Let's begin.

But seriously, why are these in my dropbox
UnderminE

silmarilen wrote:

dkun wrote:

Power makes you do stupid things anyway
Foxtrot
you better loosen that sausage
dkun

UnderminE wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Power makes you do stupid things anyway
just what kind of "community" is this? don't you mean circlejerk?

power makes you do stupid things? this sub-forum was glorious back in its day. now what is it? a place for evaders and elitists alike
Topic Starter
Wojjan

dkun wrote:

The fact that this sentiment exists among the people that are supposed to survey this subforum frightens me. That's not stupid, but it's still pretty stupid.

This is the first step towards getting this community to the point where it's no longer a circlejerk, and from both sides of the debate I receive a whiplash. I'll assume this is natural for change.
silmarilen
community as a group of people together, if you want to call it a circlejerk then do whatever you want, in any community if you want to become part of it you will have to know how the community works, who are the respected people, how do people act in general, this isnt any different from that.
if this is a circlejerk then every community can be called a circlejerk
anyway im not gonna continue this discussion, we'll see what happens.
Morning Bob

This is the only gold mine osu! will ever have.
dkun

Wojjan wrote:

dkun wrote:

The fact that this sentiment exists among the people that are supposed to survey this subforum frightens me. That's not stupid, but it's still pretty stupid.
please don't get me wrong when I say this, Wojjan. I have loved off-topic, which is why I requested to be on board with you a little back when. but the direction this forum has been heading is south, wouldn't you agree?

maybe we should get those rules out and about.
Mara
silmarilen, I think dkun's and Wojjan's point is that the way previous thread was being used could have been better used in IRC.
BrokenArrow

dkun wrote:

Wojjan wrote:

please don't get me wrong when I say this, Wojjan. I have loved off-topic, which is why I requested to be on board with you a little back when. but the direction this forum has been heading is south, wouldn't you agree?

maybe we should get those rules out and about.
If you have a message that addresses one person in particular, do not use a thread for that. I think that's stupid, wouldn't you agree?
UnderminE
and Mara, I think silm's point is that if you don't let people have chit-chat like that, there won't be any activity in OT anymore in the end. Seriously there are maximum 10 or 15 people who visit OT regularly and post something. If you want to save OT and bring back old days, your solution should not be a "rule"
Topic Starter
Wojjan
The funny thing is my response to dkun starts with the exact same reprimand! Really start sending those things around, darlin's.

EDIT: as an added bonus, for a short while from here on out my outgoing PMs will have a declaration of my unconditional love for you personally supplied within. How sweet can this deal get, you guys :shock:
dkun
hey I just sent a PM! darn, this is getting better already.
Tanzklaue
so this is now just another thread that will kinda die after 5-10 pages?

I have the feeling that the original thread just jerks and twists in its grave.
silmarilen
this new cover by lindsey stirling

eargasm
Kyonko Hizara
It's beautiful

I want to be amazing like that

This thread needs more hope
Topic Starter
Wojjan

silmarilen wrote:

[VIDEO]
eargasm
Today I found out that the beginning of My Immortal reminds me of Les Mis.
I never thought of Lindsey Stirling's videos as something incredible, but it's never bad either. Keep up the slightly-above-mediocre work, Stirling? Also cover Ghost Love Score next time.
Kyonko Hizara
My single post has turned into a double post

I blame witchcraft

I love you, whoever fixed it

and I have to send everyone else my love too
UnderminE
Oh my lord this new thread is SO different than previous thread good job guys
Kyonko Hizara
-Seren-

silmarilen wrote:

eargasm
violin sounds really nice *drools *eargasm too
i wish i could play that instrument drums,piano,guitar too
Mara

UnderminE wrote:

and Mara, I think silm's point is that if you don't let people have chit-chat like that, there won't be any activity in OT anymore in the end.
So in other words chit-chat is the only thing this place can offer?
Morning Bob
You've earned my respect Woj.
Have some Lemon Raspberry Loaf
UnderminE

Mara wrote:

UnderminE wrote:

and Mara, I think silm's point is that if you don't let people have chit-chat like that, there won't be any activity in OT anymore in the end.
As you can see, it is because there is no active users. Remember how inactive the game you brought was? We were just playing it as 3 people or so. I guess I will have to copy the PM I sent to Wojjan:

"Why do we need a solution? People in OT "as a community" are/were happy with the current situation. We don't even have "that" active users who visit forums these days anyway, people quit osu! or whatever. And why are we trying to bring back the old OT? Yes, it was good it was fun because it had more people. Not because of the quality of posts, it had too much active users back in those days, that's why even the shitposting was fun. Now just because threads are going around with only 4-5 people, everyone starts bitching about how bad OT is and suggesting people to use PMs. Let's just use PMs and noone visits OT anymore, let's just remove it then. Only solution is activity, not just saying "hey I love OT" and not visiting OT for 2-3 days. Even old users are doing this, anyways. "
Tanzklaue

UnderminE wrote:

Mara wrote:

As you can see, it is because there is no active users. Remember how inactive the game you brought was? We were just playing it as 3 people or so. I guess I will have to copy the PM I sent to Wojjan:

"Why do we need a solution? People in OT "as a community" are/were happy with the current situation. We don't even have "that" active users who visit forums these days anyway, people quit osu! or whatever. And why are we trying to bring back the old OT? Yes, it was good it was fun because it had more people. Not because of the quality of posts, it had too much active users back in those days, that's why even the shitposting was fun. Now just because threads are going around with only 4-5 people, everyone starts bitching about how bad OT is and suggesting people to use PMs. Let's just use PMs and noone visits OT anymore, let's just remove it then. Only solution is activity, not just saying "hey I love OT" and not visiting OT for 2-3 days. Even old users are doing this, anyways. "
well I wanted to write a pm to wojjan aswell, but I don't think i could say it any better.
Topic Starter
Wojjan

Morning Bob wrote:

You've earned my respect Woj.
Have some Lemon Raspberry Loaf
look at how happy this piece of cake is. look at it.

u ̮ ̮u
Shohei Ohtani
why the hell are people getting so mad over this wtf like oh no a thread got locked oh no peppy is community ruiner people with power are so corrupt oh no aaah

Like get over it. Is your inability to now post "hi cdfa" really such a big deal that it requires large drawn out paragraphs exemplifying how anybody with any sort of power has grown deep into corruption?

Like calm down omg

On a more lighthearted note, I've found out how to bypass the Skrillex DMCA

Mara

UnderminE wrote:

And how do you think we are going to get people in OT? Shitty threads really don't attract people. They actually scare people away.
VoidnOwO
10/10 thread, would post again
Morning Bob

Dedicated to a special someone in this thread.
Shohei Ohtani

Since CDFA decided to leave this post contentless and contextless, it is my duty to make it a pleasurable read.

This is what I think CDFA would say: "mfw all this spaghetti in this thread ikimashou ramen"
Kanye West
Morning Bob

CDFA wrote:

I feel like this is a better avatar than most.
UnderminE

Mara wrote:

And how do you think we are going to get people in OT? Shitty threads really don't attract people. They actually scare people away.
Do we have to? If someone really wants to be a part of OT, it is easy you know.

Anyways, morning people
Bweh
g..get?
Kyonko Hizara
How2joinOT
1. post
2. post more
3. sign your soul over

It's easy!
show more