forum

hyde - COUNTDOWN [EXTREME!]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
I've only made an Insane version of the song so far, but after seeing the beatmaps you guys have made, I figured you guys would like something that's omfgwtf hard. So, here! Have the Insane-mode beatmap for COUNTDOWN from Ouendan 2!

http://peppy.chigau.com/files/COUNTDOWN.osz
peppy
MY HEAD

just exploded trying to play that!

The timing is near perfect to the original - good job. One thing I did notice is the beats seem much more spread out than on the DS. Maybe you just need to make them a bit bigger or move the patterns closer together. In particular - the part where there is a square in the top area made of 4 hit-circles after a slider... the ratio just seems a bit off.

But anyway, good job - very true to the original. It'd be nice to see a version which is actually playable to the end too ^^.

p.s. i challenge anyone to beat this!

also - ZZT have you played with the different slider curve types? Oh... I remembered you can't see sliders can you... I was thinking bezier would probably work better for a lot of the sliders in this song, buts its pretty cool as is, still.
tsububu
What can I say - very fast, lives up to its difficulty level. bbq indeed.

I can see the normal version will have slightly less notes and bigger notes.

Hope to see the break implemented in this.
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Well, like I said, I have no idea where to insert the breaks in the text file, since I can't really tell which note is which without the graphical representation the editor gives. Hopefully we'll have the ability to insert breaks from the editor soon. :)
eyup
Okay, so you've invented a new difficulty ranking:

[Easy] < [Normal] < [Hard] < [Insane] < [OMGWTF] :shock:

It might be a faithful representation of the DS version, but that's the problem: we don't have a stylus, merely a mouse. That song would be hard enough with a stylus as it is. Personally I subscribe to the theory that you should be able to pass a beatmap before posting it...

Personal prejudices aside, the map is rock solid in terms of build quality. I'm looking forward to playing a normal or hard version of it - looks like fun!

eyupz
nvrslep303
Edit: Nvm.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7807 ... ownwg9.jpg
to prove it wasn't on easy >:(

It was worth the carpal tunnel :D

and howcome theres no online board for it :| :?:
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
...wait, this still exists? :shock:

I wasn't even serious when I made this, to be honest. It's a long story... and stuff...
nvrslep303
I have beaten a beatmap that wasn't meant to be beaten.

Mission Accomplished
machol30
Wow. This is just evil. :shock: Unbelieved hard, yet so awesome. (Why isn't this ranked? :? )
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Bump? broken i think...